Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Just mentioning Steepster again as I just joined and I think it'd be pretty cool to look at what teas everyone else is trying. I'm no tea aficionado yet but I've left a few reviews and I'm going to load up my shopping list.

Here's my profile http://steepster.com/Shnooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
If you're in the market for a travel mug, I can't recommend enough this mug by Timolino. I bought mine at Davidstea as the sales girl pretty much sold me on it. She said it keeps your drink warm up to 7 hours - she wasn't kidding. It keeps its temperature, hot or cold, all day at work for me. It's also completely leak-proof. I throw it in the bottom of my backpack and it never leaks. Ever. It's even got a little rubber cap in the lid that can come off and you can store extra tea in there. I find it's pretty easy to clean and the plastic doesn't absorb too many smells.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good genmaicha, milk oolong, and a jasmine tea? I picked up some genmaicha, milk oolong, and dragon pearl jasmine tea from Davidstea and I'm running low. I'd like to buy more than 1oz this time. I got the catalog from Upton Tea but I'm overwhelmed with choices.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

breaks posted:

I usually order from Hibiki-an these days. O-cha is good for fukamushi. I've ordered from Yuuki-cha before and it was alright, but not as good as what I've gotten from Hibiki-an or O-cha. There's also Maiko but I've never ordered from there. I'm sure there's others also...

Wow, Hibiki-an gives a lot of tea for the price :stare:

Edit: I was looking at the Sencha category and it's all like 200g bags aaaaaa

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I used to just buy the decaf versions of all the teas when I wasn't having caffeine v:shobon:v I'm pretty sure any loose leaf tea seller has a decaf earl grey. I know Adagio does.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

milpreve posted:

There is also a section on the last page of their "Brief Guide to Tea"

Oh drat, that thing says to consume in 3 months. Does anyone take longer to finish their teas? I store them all in mason jars in the back of my cabinet so they're pretty air tight.

Edit: Does anyone know where I can get a Thai tea blend?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

hayden. posted:

Does this not affect the taste at all?

Also what's all this steeped in succession stuff? Can I really use the same tea leave over and over? Does it matter what kind of tea it is?

I don't know, to be honest. I'm the weirdo who drinks decaf coffee and thinks it tastes fine, so I'm probably a bad judge. I haven't tried two of the same teas from the same brand to compare, like regular vs. decaf Earl Grey from the same company.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I'm trying to pick out some teas from Upton and I'm seriously overwhelmed. I'm looking for an Oolong, a black tea, a chai, and an Earl Grey but there's so many options, and I kind of like to try something new every time.

Anyone have any suggestions, especially for the Oolong? I love Oolong, especially with a little bit of milk.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
DavidsTea has all the "fun" teas. I like to see what creative teas they come up with. I recently bought their Pumpkin Chai and Alpine Punch from their new Winter collection. The Pumpkin Chai is nothing to write home about - a few hints of caramel but not very spicy. It does have adorable pumpkin candies in it :3:. The Alpine Punch is pretty good. It's got a wonderful scent with an interesting smell, but is very good before bed with a bit of milk.

They also have adorable cups and mugs.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I don't know if it was a little while or not. Its probably seasonal. I'm surprised people like it so much. I wasn't really impressed.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Is there a thread favorite for matcha? I love matcha and want to start making it at home, but I feel like there are so many options, or they're like $70 for a tin. I was looking for something more towards the sweeter side to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I bought about 2 oz of turkish tea and don't own a caydanlik . I really don't want to buy one. Can I just boil the tea leaves and drink it that way?