Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
"Without a Paddle" was on TV the other night. Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope Hoop Bros will return, this was worth the wait.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm kind of missing Sat Dish at the moment. I don't really know of any other good TV podcasts with this type of humor and they've been on hiatus for almost a month :(

Maybe that's my signal to finally get caught up on my MBMBAM backlog!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Duke posted:

I'm kind of missing Sat Dish at the moment. I don't really know of any other good TV podcasts with this type of humor and they've been on hiatus for almost a month :(

Maybe that's my signal to finally get caught up on my MBMBAM backlog!

Sydnee is volunteering in Africa according to Justin's twitter so who knows when it'll come back.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

@TheSatDish posted:

We're not dead! We'll be back mid-April. Syd says hello from Malawi! There is one TV there. It is used to show videos about AIDS prevention.

I'd listen to them discuss AIDS prevention videos over Skype.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'd listen to them discuss AIDS prevention videos over Skype.

If they're anything like the ones my friend's clinic used they'd be pretty worthy. If memory served one was narrated by a little cartoon called "Mr AIDS".

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Since this thread seems to have become about the McElroy Family's endeavors in general, if anyone wants to write up Travis' and Justin's other podcasts, I'll be glad to put them in the OP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
In Case of Emergency- Travis, along with Jeremy Dubin, and Miranda McGee ready their listeners for such common emergency situations as 'Witches' 'Boogymen' and 'Body Swap'. Released every Tuesday they have a light hearted look at paranormal happenings and super worst case scenarios, focusing on identifying, overcoming, and living after the event.

Satellite Dish- Justin and his wife Sidney watch TV and hate themselves for it. A broad podcast that covers pretty much anything terrible on TV, they often wind up either fighting over a show they're discussing or simply lamenting their horrible choices. Sometimes they get lucky and find something like Doomsday Preppers which is easy to simply laugh at and mock, but usually it's a loving couple hurting their brains with TV for your amusement.

Vox Games - The Besties- Griffin and Justin, along with Chris Plante and Russ Frushtick each pick one game out in the last week or so, and state their cases why their game is the best game of the year ever week. With such fine choices as SSX because it lets you race your ghost dad who now lives forever in your game, or Journey for bringing peace to Israel and Palestine at last, I can't imagine taking anyone else's recommendations.

Those work? Dang those McElroys have been spreading out.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Glitterbomber posted:

Those work? Dang those McElroys have been spreading out.
Yeah, just added them.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Sorry, Justin's wife's name is Sydnee. I know this because I hate to look at it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Duke posted:

Sorry, Justin's wife's name is Sydnee. I know this because I hate to look at it.

drat it, people, stop doing that, names don't work like that :argh:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

It's kinda scary how the all three McElroy brothers have the midas touch to any podcast they're in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vince Videogames posted:

It's kinda scary how the all three McElroy brothers have the midas touch to any podcast they're in.

For real, obviously for stuff like Besties and ICoE it's equally the others being awesome too (for real, In Case of Emergency is awesome, download it, now) but you'd figure now with every brother having a podcast they'd have at least one stinker, but hell I can't even think of a MBMBAM that I'd call BAD. Even ones with kinda lame jokes always had at least one highlight.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Joystiq podcast they used to be on was pretty boring despite having the brothers, in my opinion. It's like somebody told them "video games are serious buisness, if you joke around or seem like you're having fun we will fire you."

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Al! posted:

The Joystiq podcast they used to be on was pretty boring despite having the brothers, in my opinion. It's like somebody told them "video games are serious buisness, if you joke around or seem like you're having fun we will fire you."
Uh, do you mean the podcast they did after they discontinued the one Justin was always on? Because otherwise, I wholedheartedly disagree. It was by far the goofiest and low-key of any professional site.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

kuddles posted:

Uh, do you mean the podcast they did after they discontinued the one Justin was always on? Because otherwise, I wholedheartedly disagree. It was by far the goofiest and low-key of any professional site.
Yeah, I could agree with you about the current Joystiq podcast but not the old one before they revamped it.
Pretty sure a serious business video game podcast wouldn't have Justin singing Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend because he lost a bet about Microsoft selling Bungie or whatever it was.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Still my favorite goof of all: Teen CEO Month: I cut expenses just to feel.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandolphCarter posted:

Still my favorite goof of all: Teen CEO Month: I cut expenses just to feel.

Good luck sleeping your way to the top, pedophiles!

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
This podcast being sponsored by extreme restraints has made the money zone infinitely more entertaining for me.

Homeless Wonder
Sep 26, 2005
Not a stupid newbie
highlight of the episode for me. I hope extreme restraints ties Griffin up in the basement and never lets him go

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

marchantia posted:

This podcast being sponsored by extreme restraints has made the money zone infinitely more entertaining for me.

Put your dick in this cage...

Yeah, I think this episode was one of the funniest ones recently. Let me just make a note here... buy a giant spoon on extremerestraints... okay, what were we talking about?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
The donor-only episode with Dad McElroy was epic.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

cbirdsong posted:

The donor-only episode with Dad McElroy was epic.

Travis's "daddy" bit and Justin's reaction to it may be the funniest thing they've ever done.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's episode 100 guys, and that means a huge show today. Can YOU handle a double sized MBMBAM?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BUTT KING was my favorite FYAD poster circa 2005.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This is probably pretty vague, but does anybody remember what episode it was where Griffin's Last Question made Justin and Travis laugh so hard that they could only barely get the sign-off out?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

SpacePig posted:

This is probably pretty vague, but does anybody remember what episode it was where Griffin's Last Question made Justin and Travis laugh so hard that they could only barely get the sign-off out?

That description seems to fit more than just one episode...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ignoranus posted:

That description seems to fit more than just one episode...

I know, that's the thing. There was one right after I started listening, maybe a few episodes after Spaghettageddon, where Justin in particular just absolutely lost it. I guess I'll just start going through them.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Guys I have a dilemma. I just discovered these dudes, thought they were okay and started going through the episodes backwards. I hit #96: Ven Conmigo a Jurassic Park.

I'm afraid to go on because I don't think any episode (of any podcast) gets any better than that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Guys I have a dilemma. I just discovered these dudes, thought they were okay and started going through the episodes backwards. I hit #96: Ven Conmigo a Jurassic Park.

I'm afraid to go on because I don't think any episode (of any podcast) gets any better than that.

There's a ton of stuff that you've yet to get to, and it's all amazing. I'd start from the first going forward, though, since it's pretty much just a constant increase (though they fire on all cylinders from day one, moreso than any other podcast I've ever heard).

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Well you haven't gotten to episode 67, "Borrowed From a Horse" (which contains one of my favorite horse-tattoo-related Yahoo! Answers questions) so yes I think it can get better. :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oh my god, it's going to blow your mind I guess!

Like, this is a rare podcast that actually does not have the whole 'ok the first few suck, ya know how it is they had to figure poo poo out', these goddamn goof wizards kicked rear end from day 1. I suggest The Quickening (forgot the number) as a great episode to listen to.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
Man, you haven't even reached Dworp yet, which might be my favorite goof they've ever done. But seriously, every episode is amazing and they're all a permanent fixture on my mp3 player because I pretty much can listen to any of them at any time.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Awesomonster posted:

every episode is amazing and they're all a permanent fixture on my mp3 player because I pretty much can listen to any of them at any time.

You know what? You're right as gently caress cause I'm sittin here like "man it's only SATURDAY and that's I-don't-even-know-how-many days away from new MBMBaM and Comedy Bang Bang, what the gently caress am I gonna do all day with by myself?" and then I read your post and thought holy poo poo YEP cause theres no way I remember all the goofs per capita in the 80ish older episodes

Day: saved

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Sweet, I'll start back #1. Also I realized why the guys mexican-english DNA bit got me: he sounds like god drat Huell Howser from CBB/real life. Amazing, amazing.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Edit: nevermind, thought you only heard #96 and not all the way to 96.

I still believe Bramblepelt/Spaghettageddon are tied for the best episode :colbert:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 21, 2012

Hooper Struvé
Dec 15, 2004

I have had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.
"Hey Jeffrey" is the one that got me. It still cracks me up to think about it.

"Jeffrey, let's go shopping for sweaters Jeffreeeeeeey."
"Won't you stay the night Jeffrey? I have a California King so I promise we won't touch JEFFreeeeey."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

plastered quack posted:

Edit: nevermind, thought you only heard #96 and not all the way to 96.

I still believe Bramblepelt/Spaghettageddon are tied for the best episode :colbert:

I'll always recommend Spaghettageddon to new listeners, because while Bramblepelt itself is a good bit, the rest of the episode is somewhat slow. Spaghettageddon was my first episode, and it reeled me in completely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

I'll always recommend Spaghettageddon to new listeners, because while Bramblepelt itself is a good bit, the rest of the episode is somewhat slow. Spaghettageddon was my first episode, and it reeled me in completely.

Yea that one cat name goof is amazing but on the whole it's a rather average (note: average is still pretty good!) show, Spaghettageddon rules so hard though.

"Noodle up, you unfunny fucks!"

I also recommend Batman Generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I can't remember the episode or the Yahoo! answer that led into it but I still adore Travis for the joke; "You know what the best part of going to tickle prostitute is? You get a happy beginning, middle, and end!"

So a suggestion from someone who has been working there way backward through the episodes (and is at like episode 19 at the moment), listen to them all because every episode has at least one worthwhile goof buried in it.

• Locked thread