Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Been wondering, what is the ending song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Play your part from girl talk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Both it and the intro are constantly stuck in my head, they found the catchiest songs to bookend their show and it makes me angry/happy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I wish they still used take a chance on me

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
What was the ending song they used to use? I've always wondered.

Also, I too wish they still used Take a Chance On Me, which is a song I like because it sounds like they're saying Jackie Chan's On Me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wasn't it that Shots Shots Shots song?

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

sockpuppetclock posted:

Been wondering, what is the ending song?

inferis posted:

Play your part from girl talk

what? no! i mean i guess maybe Girl Talk did a thing with it but more to the point, its the end of Andre's verse from International Players Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMIbA34MT8

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
They're obviously using the Girl Talk mix for it though.

My guess is once they joined Maximum Fun and started making money off the podcast having the ABBA music might have turned into a legal issue.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 18, 2011

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

kuddles posted:

They're obviously using the Girl Talk mix for it though.

My guess is once they joined Maximum Fun and started making money off the podcast having the ABBA music might have turned into a legal issue.

It was a legal issue before that, it just became more likely to have consequences.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

caveman thug poo poo posted:

what? no! i mean i guess maybe Girl Talk did a thing with it but more to the point, its the end of Andre's verse from International Players Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMIbA34MT8

It's also the piano part from Faithfully, by Journey. So, yeah, it's from Play Your Part.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
(i was just looking for a reason to post that video, it rules)

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Hahahaha holy gently caress the Transformers Kwanzaa cube bit. Face 2 Face is always great.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

sockpuppetclock posted:

Hahahaha holy gently caress the Transformers Kwanzaa cube bit. Face 2 Face is always great.

Yeah that's what had me gasping for breath this week.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
The second live show of the night was so weird and hilarious. I love when the three are all in the same room, you can tell how well they play off of each other.

When Justin called it "How To Kill A Mockingbird" and the rifing that followed, caused me to have to pause it and leave the room at work I was laughing so hard, especially Griffins "Catch 'em in a net and hit them with something heavy!"

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
I've recently suffered a chain of people recommending 'hilarious' comedy podcasts that are tiresome and unfunny, but this is fantastic. I just absolutely lost my poo poo listening to the home colonoscopy question and I'm going to listen to every goddamn episode.

Thank you MBMBAM thread, you have saved me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Immortal Wombat posted:

I've recently suffered a chain of people recommending 'hilarious' comedy podcasts that are tiresome and unfunny, but this is fantastic. I just absolutely lost my poo poo listening to the home colonoscopy question and I'm going to listen to every goddamn episode.

Thank you MBMBAM thread, you have saved me.

Yea it's rough being recommended comedy of almost any kind because of how subjective it all is, add the internet's addition to monkey cheese and casual bigotry for 'edge' and it's worse. Awesome that this show was good for you. That episode as a whole was great since I think that was their first Max Fun Network show with the Big Bad Beetleborgs joke at the front right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea it's rough being recommended comedy of almost any kind because of how subjective it all is, add the internet's addition to monkey cheese and casual bigotry for 'edge' and it's worse.

True dat. People keep recommending Comedy Bang Bang to me, but it just seems strained and desperate every time I listen.

MBMBAM though. I almost crashed my car on the recent episode (don't remember which) where a Yahoo Answers user wanted to circumsize himself and the brothers decided it wasn't dangerous because it reached the Mr. Magoo heights of stupidity where everything just works out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Aw man I got into these guys right after they did the live show and I live in the same city. Do they ever do live shows often at all? Anyways this podcast is great and is pretty hilarious.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Justin mentioned how the yahoo! answer took "a surprisingly practical" turn when talking about washing the lettuce before doing vague sexy thing to it this recent episode and I just started laughing at work. Everybody was looking at me. How do you explain what you're laughing about when it's THAT!?

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
The bit about "You don't just put a horse down, you DESTROY it." Made me wake the neighbours at 1am.

I fukken DESTROYED that horse.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

The destruction of horses is the best slightly-disturbing recurring motif on the show. Even better than horny ghosts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Civil Twilight posted:

The destruction of horses is the best slightly-disturbing recurring motif on the show. Even better than horny ghosts.

If someone could dress up as a dead horny ghost horse, it'd be the show.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I've been bad about keeping up with MBMBAM but recently I binged through 6 episodes of Losing the Sheen a couple of days ago when we were without power in my home. Even though it's mostly the same old jag of how they just can't believe that Talfmen is a real show, and Sydnee is not really as funny as she thinks she is (especially that rant about Jenny McCarthy, yikes), I've gotten plenty of big belly laughs from Justin describing each horrible scene like some kind of war time photographer. Anytime they call that hideous child "Halfman" I lose my poo poo. I'm a little sad it's only 9 episodes long though :( Kinda want them to go back and watch from the beginning.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

The Duke posted:

I've been bad about keeping up with MBMBAM but recently I binged through 6 episodes of Losing the Sheen a couple of days ago when we were without power in my home. Even though it's mostly the same old jag of how they just can't believe that Talfmen is a real show, and Sydnee is not really as funny as she thinks she is (especially that rant about Jenny McCarthy, yikes), I've gotten plenty of big belly laughs from Justin describing each horrible scene like some kind of war time photographer. Anytime they call that hideous child "Halfman" I lose my poo poo. I'm a little sad it's only 9 episodes long though :( Kinda want them to go back and watch from the beginning.

Have you listened to their new podcast, Satellite Dish?

Been meaning to ask if anyone has listed to Travis's other podcast In Case of Emergency also?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Duke posted:

In fairness her Jenny rant wasn't meant to be a joke, I'm pretty sure most doctors wish she'd move to the moon where she belongs.

I haven't heard Satellite Dish, but I love In Case of Emergency so much.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Glitterbomber posted:

In fairness her Jenny rant wasn't meant to be a joke, I'm pretty sure most doctors wish she'd move to the moon where she belongs.

I haven't heard Satellite Dish, but I love In Case of Emergency so much.

Satellite Dish is pretty good. It doesn't have the "staring into the abyss" feel that Losing the Sheen did, but they do talk about Toddlers & Tiaras and Storage Wars, so you can imagine how that conversation goes.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just started on Satellite Dish but I will say that just the themesong was loving fantastic

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
Oh my god. The Cake Boss. OH MY GOD.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZackHoagie posted:

Oh my god. The Cake Boss. OH MY GOD.

THIS BUTTHOLE CAKE IS FOR CAKE BOSS!

CAKE BOSS!

Literally the only way that could be better is if they somehow had Paul F Thompson doing his Cake Boss bit.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Holy poo poo hahahaha #90 is amazing

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I've been going through some of the older episodes and it really is amazing how they came out of the gate absolutely hilarious and have remained consistent for this long. I think the final question might be my favorite part of every episode though, I nearly died when this came up:

quote:

What’s the difference between anorexic and balsamic?

The explosive laughter afterward was simply incredible.

I've been listening to Satellite Dish as well and it's pretty decent, a few times I've just been utterly confused by some of their TV tastes but I realize not everyone enjoys the same shows I do :downs: They update really infrequently unfortunately, I think the last one was like 2 weeks ago.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

The Duke posted:

I've been listening to Satellite Dish as well and it's pretty decent, a few times I've just been utterly confused by some of their TV tastes but I realize not everyone enjoys the same shows I do :downs:
Funny, I feel the same way. Obviously with the fact that there are so many television shows on that I've been told are great that I'm not watching because I already have too much on the go, I didn't expect there to be a lot of overlap. But it is kind of surprising that Justin McElroy of all people isn't watching a lot of those acclaimed shows but instead is catching all this mediocre reality programming and forgettable sitcoms. But then again, if all they were watching were HBO dramas, I doubt the podcast would be nearly as entertaining.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 23, 2012

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That's what I'm talking about exactly. There was one episode where they are reading some EW article on the upcoming spring shows and they got to the new HBO show Luck (haven't seen it yet but I heard it's good) and immediately passed on it because "it's about horses". Aside from that, yes they watch a tremendous amount of garbage.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I assume everyone reading this thread has heard it by now, but the sword discussion in episode 91 is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

I assume everyone reading this thread has heard it by now, but the sword discussion in episode 91 is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

That and the recent 'is it legal to give a mind reader a 'back off look'?' makes me wish they'd replace Yahoo Answers with Is It Legal as their go to stupid mine.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Immortal Wombat posted:

The bit about "You don't just put a horse down, you DESTROY it." Made me wake the neighbours at 1am.

I fukken DESTROYED that horse.

The image he brought up of a button that blew the horse to giblets made me burst out laughing on a public bus.

Immortal Wombat posted:

I just absolutely lost my poo poo listening to the home colonoscopy question and I'm going to listen to every goddamn episode.

"Dead MBMBAM, I am never not losing my poo poo."

This is the only podcast I listen to because it is consistently funny. One (and only one) of my friends listens to it, so we throw references back and force that make zero sense outside of context, much to the puzzlement of our other friends.

"Teeeeeeens!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The collective meltdown they had about Without a Paddle in the last episode was incredible. Holy poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Anal Tributary posted:

The collective meltdown they had about Without a Paddle in the last episode was incredible. Holy poo poo.

I loved the demon hunter bit before it.

"WOOPS YOU ACCIDENTALLY ROLEPLAYED ON YAHOO ANSWERS!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iS-D6-UweE

he just wants to understand :cry:

Dax is all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I found this podcast due to the PYF Podcasts thread and have since spread it around those friends who are receptive to MBMBaM. We even have pseudo-listening parties (pseudo- because there are only three of us instead of four...)

Anyway, the guys have given me a lot of laughter. "What does a hug feel like?"

Additionally, "That concludes our Marc Summers origin story." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyFRcbdRr0g

• Locked thread