Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Anal Volcano posted:

Haha, Justin got in trouble today for this article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/30/guy-chokes-a-kid-after-being-made-fun-of-in-black-ops-were/

Obviously satrical, as he keeps having to say on Twitter. Even got an angry tweet from the International Game Developers Association, making actual game designers annoyed.

Justin McElroy posted:

Note: If you think I literally endorse hunting people down who are rude on the internet ... how is antagonizing me the smart play?

I'm not that familiar with the Twitters, but I'm guessing this is probably in the running for best tweet ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I'm 100% certain that any falloff in MBMBAM jumbotron sales is entirely attributable to Justin's decision to no longer create jingles for individuals.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Pyrovile posted:

Griffin

Goddamnit. And it's usually Travis and Justin that I have trouble distinguishing.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Groucho Marxist posted:

I know they raised the cost of ads on the MaxFun Jumbotron. It seems like ads have dropped off since then.

maximumfun.org/jumbotron still says $100 for a personal message or $200 for a commercial message, which is what it's always been.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I've never been bothered by plugs at the end of a show, when it's the first thing I'm greeted with *cough* Chris Hardwick *cough cough* I can't stand it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

kuddles posted:

They're obviously using the Girl Talk mix for it though.

My guess is once they joined Maximum Fun and started making money off the podcast having the ABBA music might have turned into a legal issue.

It was a legal issue before that, it just became more likely to have consequences.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

@TheSatDish posted:

We're not dead! We'll be back mid-April. Syd says hello from Malawi! There is one TV there. It is used to show videos about AIDS prevention.

I'd listen to them discuss AIDS prevention videos over Skype.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

cbirdsong posted:

The donor-only episode with Dad McElroy was epic.

Travis's "daddy" bit and Justin's reaction to it may be the funniest thing they've ever done.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Vince Videogames posted:

It makes me sad though that they haven't done a sad Libs or a psa in a while, those were the best!

They have been begging for money; those bits might turn potential donors away.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Goddamn, did Perfect Strangers have a really great theme.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I kind of want to buy something insane just to make Justin happy.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

TACD posted:

Both of these last two shows the penultimate, dog-related question has been way funnier and more bizarre than the actual Final Question. (Last week's was something about wanting to persuade two dogs to act out Lady and the Tramp and eat spaghetti politely.)

It may not have been uproarious, but I'm pretty happy to have heard the line "from the band, The Beatles" and this is really the only context in which that could have happened.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This might not be the proper thread for it, and if so I apologize, but does anyone else think that the amounts of money that Maximum Fun is asking for during their pledge drive (120 and 240 dollars a year for "Silver" and "Gold", respectively) are kind of...crazy? I noticed they aren't even halfway to making their numbers, and I can't help but feel that the relatively high minimum amount of money they are willing to accept (there's literally no way to pledge less than 10 bucks a month that I can see right now) is part of the problem.

Yeah, I'm a donor at $5/month and I was willing to bump that up a little bit during the last pledge drive due solely to how amazing the MBMBAM bonus episode was, but the next step up was $10 and I wasn't really looking to double my donation. At some point in the past there was an option to donate at an arbitrary level, but that must have disappeared two or three pledge drives ago.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Glitterbomber posted:

Guys it's Candlenights and this is the best. There's a huge section where it's them trying to advertise Extreme Restraints cleanly.

I had no idea that a kielbasa could be made more filling by pumping it up.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Whatever you're doing right now you need to stop it immediately, because there is no way it can be as important as listening to Sydnee McElroy describe to Justin the events of Tyrant Banks' novel Modelland.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

They're never going to stop begging for money, but one of the sponsors they get turns the Money Zone into basically the highlight of the show.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

"He wears thigh high boots all the time because this guru is in charge of the Thigh High Boot Camp"

"Ffffuck You."

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I feel like maybe I should be embarrassed to ask this but it seems like it's a permanent part of the show now, so what the hell is Justin referencing whenever Ira Ray sends in a Yahoo Answer?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I will say, the donor episode is excellent as always, so if you have five bucks to toss in at least and enjoy Maxfun, you're gonna get some good rear end goofs.

You will also get last year's donor episode, which has far and away the best bit in MBMBAM history.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

kmzh posted:

Remind me? The podcast has so many good bits they all get jumbled up in my head. And I'm not seeing the latest eps in my donor feed yet... Oh, because there's actually a new donor feed.

Trying not to spoil it, but Travis asks his Daddy a question about music.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Sometimes I'll go a week or two skipping SPY because I listen to too drat many podcasts that all drop on Mondays, but then when I get to them I remember how delightful they are and remember why I haven't dropped the feed like so many other things I can't keep up with.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Ariong posted:

Which one was the all-ghost episode?

126: Blast My Cache

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Roach Warehouse posted:

Right you are, it slipped me by because I'm not interested in being a challenge donor.

The "thanks, here's your stuff" email should have come in a few days before the "how's about being a challenge donor" email.

As for the bonus episode itself, I enjoyed the hell out of the Night Trap reveal. I didn't care for Justin bemoaning the lack of a Money Zone, though. The entire episode is a Money Zone, you clod.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

VDay posted:

This is a really minor, dumb complaint, but I think this marks like the 4th or 5th week in a row where Justin's either mentioned his age, said "I'm old", or used "I'm old" as an excuse for not understanding something. Hey dawg, you're loving 33. Maybe it just bugs me because I'm 27 and am instantly reminded of the people you'd meet in high school and college who were like a year older than you but acted like they managed to obtain an infinite wealth of knowledge in that extra year. This ends my dumb complaint.

Enjoy being 27, dude. It's basically the point where your body switches from living to dying.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Al! posted:

Is that Travis with the pooka shells?

I don't think McElroys tan.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Justin reads the questions. Travis doesn't.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea, I know it's not really a shocking reveal but Justin and his wife are real funny together and I like this way better than their TV episode because it's the perfect blend of actual education from her and Justin just kinda being a cartoon character so it isn't dry.

I still miss Justin asking Sydnee to Gimmee. That. Diiiiiiish.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Drunkboxer posted:

Are those as good as they sound like?

The first episode with Clint is my favorite episode of the show.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Drunkboxer posted:

I've come to realize from this thread and the movie podcast thread that a lot if people just lack the ability to tell the difference between voices without a visual component. I mean Travis and Justin do sound really similar, but after the first ep I heard I could parse them.

At this point I can identify any working west coast comic by voice, but I'm useless with faces.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Am I weird because I think Travis is the funniest brother?

Absolutely not. My early trick for identifying Travis was "the one who doesn't say as much because he only says stuff if it's hilarious."

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I'm really hoping that now that he's in LA we'll get Travis guest spots on every podcast.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm so sick of these crossovers that make no sense, Justin doesn't know anything about medicine, he's just going to drag doctor McElroy down in her serious medical podcast.

And Justin's pretty good at pointing out how dumb all those old timey doctors' advice was, bit that doesn't mean he has any idea how to give modern day people good advice like the Brothers McElroy do.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Before you do that, and I support your decision 100%, you should really watch Dave Shumka's ASMR tour of the Stop Podcasting Yourself studio. It's the best.

http://daveshumka.tumblr.com/post/100720459121/stop-podcasting-yourself-studio-the-asmr-tour

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I was pretty torn up this year about whether to check MBMBAM or SPY as my favorite Max Fun podcast on my donor form this year. Justin's involvement in Sawbones ended up breaking the tie in the brothers' favor.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Jasper Redd has the least ASMR inducing voice in the world.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Don't Stop or We'll Die are some of my favorite dudes now, but if one of their episodes was my intro to CBB I might not give it another chance.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The MBMBAM commercials are pretty lovely too.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

kidcoelacanth posted:

Welp I've finished the archives. Listened to every drat MBMBaM. Not sure what to do with myself now.

Pack your bags and move away.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

These MaxFun ads need to learn from the Brothers' dynamite advertising skills and start talkin' about balls!

The McElroys can advertise anything but themselves. No, Justin, at this moment you are decidedly not beloved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

The underpants are pretty nice.

• Locked thread