Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
MBMBAM is one of my favourite podcasts.
It's also probably the only podcast I have listened to that made me love the adverts, since Griffin would do impromptu songs and jingles for them leading to great ones where he would forget to sing about the actual product or service he was advertising like Griffin Space Jam.
It's a shame they don't really do the jingles any more and just talk about what they are plugging instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

SpacePig posted:

The Warrior Cat episode is called "Bramblepelt", and here it is mashed up with the Poké-rap.
Oh my god this is incredible.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm 100% certain that any falloff in MBMBAM jumbotron sales is entirely attributable to Justin's decision to no longer create jingles for individuals.
I agree, I used to look forward to those sections just for Griffin's jingles but recently it's just been them saying happy birthday to some guy.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

kuddles posted:

Uh, do you mean the podcast they did after they discontinued the one Justin was always on? Because otherwise, I wholedheartedly disagree. It was by far the goofiest and low-key of any professional site.
Yeah, I could agree with you about the current Joystiq podcast but not the old one before they revamped it.
Pretty sure a serious business video game podcast wouldn't have Justin singing Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend because he lost a bet about Microsoft selling Bungie or whatever it was.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

The Duke posted:

I goOoot a hankerin for a spankerin!

Holy poo poo, Justin as Paul Bearer in 50 Shades of Grey and the resulting squeals of laughter may be one of the funniest things I've ever heard on this show. Episode 120 in case anyone asks.

"I felt myself begin to Slimer..."
That whole part was another in a long series of MBMBAM sections that are incredibly awkward to listen to while in public between all the suppressed laughter.

I mean, I knew how popular that book was but until that episode I had never actually heard any lines from it. :stare:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Poopy Palpy posted:

They're never going to stop begging for money, but one of the sponsors they get turns the Money Zone into basically the highlight of the show.
Yeah, I think the only time when I didn't like the money zone was the brief period before Extreme Restraints started sponsoring. When they first started it Griffin sang songs for people and they were always amazing and led to my favourite part of the whole show. When Griffin decided to stop singing songs the segment got pretty boring but then Extreme Restraints came along and made it into the best part of the show each week. I was seriously disappointed when there was that one or two weeks when their deal ran out and it seemed like they were done, and a sponsor leaving a podcast is a really weird thing to be disappointed about.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

I can attest to the fact that we call him Jeezy-Creezy.
I'm so glad I listened to that part of the episode at home because I full on burst out laughing when Travis said that.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Barent posted:

I love the Snowden gags. It's even funnier when Griffin gets pissed about it.
Yeah, the best part about Justin's Snowden bits is when Griffin inadvertently triggers it then realises what he's done.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Ariong posted:

Will any of the brothers be a guest on another podcast for MaxFunWeek? I would be surprised if not, but they've only mentioned their show.
Justin from Sawbones is going to guest on MBMBAM and Justin from MBMBAM is going to guest on Sawbones.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The Adventure Zone is a great podcast but I thought it was pretty lame how in the previous episode Travis killed the crab in the most badass way possible then Griffin had to just bring it back on the train because it wasn't supposed to die yet.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I feel that they've painted themselves into a corner with Second Life, after all the sliders that game has they can't really top this unless they jack into the matrix mess with game files like they did for Mass Effect.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm okay with Travis cheating his rolls because it is balanced out by Clint having the worst rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qYk8YQVBZw

• Locked thread