Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

kuddles posted:

(where he also brought me to tears talking about his bizarre demo of the new Sherlock Holmes game).

:psyduck: HOLY poo poo

I have listened to that clip a thousand times before I started listening to MBMBaM and I never made the connection. Whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Haha, Justin got in trouble today for this article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/30/guy-chokes-a-kid-after-being-made-fun-of-in-black-ops-were/

Obviously satrical, as he keeps having to say on Twitter. Even got an angry tweet from the International Game Developers Association, making actual game designers annoyed.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Guys, Justin's show with his wife, "Losing the Sheen", wherein they review each episode of "Two and a Half Men" starting with the first Ashton Kutcher episode, is loving HILARIOUS. If you like MBMBaM you will no doubt like an extra dose of amazing McElroy-ness every week.

Oh my god, the last few episodes have been depressing though.

And I believe you mean the show "T'halfman" starring Ashton Kootcher :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The collective meltdown they had about Without a Paddle in the last episode was incredible. Holy poo poo.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iS-D6-UweE

he just wants to understand :cry:

Dax is all!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Guys I have a dilemma. I just discovered these dudes, thought they were okay and started going through the episodes backwards. I hit #96: Ven Conmigo a Jurassic Park.

I'm afraid to go on because I don't think any episode (of any podcast) gets any better than that.

There's a ton of stuff that you've yet to get to, and it's all amazing. I'd start from the first going forward, though, since it's pretty much just a constant increase (though they fire on all cylinders from day one, moreso than any other podcast I've ever heard).

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Man so I was going to make some more MBMBAM highlight videos (the official YouTube account only does like one a month) but I think for this one I'd just end up uploading the entire episode

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TACD posted:

We were on our way to visit an observatory while listening to this episode. Laughing / being disgusted at the mental image of a sexualised Garfield/Pamela Anderson/Bill Murray hybrid while also fearing for my life because my girlfriend is also laughing while driving us up narrow twisty mountain roads is an experience let me tell you.

Probably not as dangerous as recording a podcast while Justin is driving, if the newest SatDish is any indication.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Groucho Marxist posted:

Do you guys want to see a public access show that Justin starred in as a kid? If so, may I present The Time Belt

Context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZwA1waYwZE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

"Buckle Up and Fuckle Up!"

So excited about this new long-term sponsorship :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh my god the name of the country of albinos is Sanscolor :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I know Griffin gives a giant warning about audio quality at the front of the ep, but it's totally fine and so far one of my favorite in a while. "Serious Chuck - it's called Charles!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

quadrophrenic posted:

I don't skip ads during podcasts because what the hell podcast app are you using where there's a "skip ad" button

I can't be assed to try to press the progress bar at exactly 45 seconds ahead of my current point of whatever

Comedy Bang Bang's are like exactly 90 or 120 seconds long, and PocketCasts (and like every other podcast app) has a "skip 30 seconds ahead" button, so I skip those.

The only problem I have with MBMBaM's ads are that they're one long segment in the middle of an already short show. I don't know how to fix it, though - splitting it in half would breakup the flow of the show even further, and the show just isn't long enough to support multiple breaks. I guess what I'm saying is the show should be longer if they're going to have as many ads as they do. And, in general, the show should be longer :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

worth pointing out that this week's Money Zone was really loving good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ElNarez posted:

Anyway, the Sawbones donor special is actually the final episode of Losing The Sheen. It's a commentary track for the batshit insanity that is the Talfmen series finale. Get yourself the episode, and strap in. It's a ride.

well poo poo guess I'm donating then

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The end of this new episode is loving incredible. It's the worst/greatest thing that's ever happened at a live show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Tit Liquid is already on Youtube. Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuEtAyTPtg

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is a good loving episode

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jeez, I wonder why RPG fans on this site have a reputation for being obnoxious and overly-combative, hmmmm

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

only just got through the money zone but this is a good-rear end episode so far. greatjob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Justin and his wife did a two and a half men podcast for a little while called Losing the Sheen, it was good

yeah it's really good

another big one was The Besties, a short-lived Polygon podcast that had Justin and Griffin. I always had a soft spot for it, even if it never really produced memorable goofs beyond the worst character work of all time, but I wish they'd bring it back now that Polygon seems to actually want to use the personalities they have (see: Monster Factory). They just need to replace Frushtick with Nick Robinson and Plante with Danielle Riendeau and they'd be good to go.

• Locked thread