Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Welcome friends to MBMBaBM an advice show for the modern era.

What is it?
MbMbam is a podcast on the Maximum Fun network, where three brothers take solicited questions from listeners like you, and unsolicited questions from yahoo answers. Generally they mix jokes with actual honest-to-goodness advice for the questions by their listeners, and just go all out balls-to-the-wall crazy for the yahoo answers. Yahoos are almost always questions like "Is it extraordinary I talk with a British accent?" "What are some good warrior names for my cats?" and "Will you for 300,000 dollars or pounds sit on a skull?(Ladies only)". While the listener submitted questions, are more along the lines of things you see in e/n.

Who are these people?

Griffin McElroy
Griffin is the brother most likely to posit outlandish situations and make jokes. He is the youngest brother, and currently lives in Austin, TX. Griffin is the least experienced in relationships, as every time the question comes up, he's single.

Travis McElroy
Travis is the middle brother, and the one most likely to give honest to goodness advice. This does not mean he shys away from jokes, when they present themselves, however. He works as a Stage Carpenter in Cincinnati, OH. He is the 2nd most experienced in relationships as he is currently in a living together arrangment. He is the only brother to not attend Marshall University, instead choosing to go to University of Oklahoma. Travis is also known for his luxuriant facial hair.

Justin McElroy
Justin McElroy, the eldest brother, strikes a balance between Travis and Griffin being equally likely to make light of a situation and give it help. He is an editor for Joystiq, and the only brother still residing in their hometown of Huntington, WV. Justin is the most experienced in relationships being married.

Okay, where should I start?
If you just want to see if the McElroy brothers humor is right for you, visit their sampler. This is important as they have a somewhat specific brand of humor, but if you can get into it, there is pretty much no bad episode of the podcast.

If you're looking for a full-length episode of the podcast, try Spaghttagedon as it gets into its rhythm very quickly.

Alright I have this problem you see my girlfriend just threw my cat at me, and there's this girl I like at work and I'm not sure if she likes me back, and I can't go to e/n because I'm afraid of FYAD, and I have a toenail fetish and I think I'm a car and...
Woah there cowboy, don't talk to me, talk to the McElroys, email them your question, at mbmbam@maximumfun.org, or if you can fit your question into 141 characters or less and don't mind not being completely anonymous, you can also shoot them a twitter with #mbmbam, and they'll help you out.

So I was looking through Yahoo Answers, and I found this really weird question...
Well, don't be selfish! Share with us by telling the McElroys! See above for contact info.

Hey I just found $100 lying on the ground and I want to support the show. What do I do?
Well you could exchange that money for advertising on MBMBaM's Jumbotron, or as they call it the money zone. The money zone is where you go if you want to announce an anniversary or wish someone a happy birthday, or for some extra dough, your new company. Griffin used to do jingles for all money zone requests, but now only does so for the commercial ones.
It costs $100 for non-commercial; $200 for commercial.

Other Podcasts
This thread has gradually shifted over into discussing the McElroy brothers' other podcasts as well as this one; courtesy of Glitterbomber they are:

In Case of Emergency- Travis, along with Jeremy Dubin, and Miranda McGee ready their listeners for such common emergency situations as 'Witches' 'Boogymen' and 'Body Swap'. Released every Tuesday they have a light hearted look at paranormal happenings and super worst case scenarios, focusing on identifying, overcoming, and living after the event.

Satellite Dish- Justin and his wife Sidney Sydnee watch TV and hate themselves for it. A broad podcast that covers pretty much anything terrible on TV, they often wind up either fighting over a show they're discussing or simply lamenting their horrible choices. Sometimes they get lucky and find something like Doomsday Preppers which is easy to simply laugh at and mock, but usually it's a loving couple hurting their brains with TV for your amusement. {Note: on hiatus till mid-April when Sydnee gets back from Africa.}

Vox Games - The Besties- Griffin and Justin, along with Chris Plante and Russ Frushtick each pick one game out in the last week or so, and state their cases why their game is the best game of the year ever week. With such fine choices as SSX because it lets you race your ghost dad who now lives forever in your game, or Journey for bringing peace to Israel and Palestine at last, I can't imagine taking anyone else's recommendations.

Links
http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/my-brother-my-brother-and-me
mbmbam@maximumfun.org [email]
Jumbotron@maximumfun.org [Use if you want to get on moneyzone]
http://twitter.com/!#/MBMBaM

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

There was a bit, on the Colbert Report Thursday, about ghost sex, and I instantly thought of MBMBaM.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Since this thread seems to have become about the McElroy Family's endeavors in general, if anyone wants to write up Travis' and Justin's other podcasts, I'll be glad to put them in the OP.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

Those work? Dang those McElroys have been spreading out.
Yeah, just added them.

• Locked thread