Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
Works well in place of Angostura in a Manhattan or Old Fashioned. It plays really well with bourbon in general. Also nice in things like a corpse reviver where there's an acidic component that could use some counterplay. Also a touch of it in a French 75 could be an interesting complement.

Play with it. Or come hang out with me and we can figure something out.

Actual Recipes

Cherry Manhattan.

1 Smashed Brandy Soaked or Maraschino Cherry
3 oz Rye or Bourbon
3/4oz Sweet Vermouth
4-5 drops Biters.

Muddle Cherry, shake whiskey with ice and vermouth until incorporated, strain into glass with 1 large ice cube, top with bitters.

Old Fashioned:

1 Sugar Cube
1 Wide peel of orange
1 Brandied or Maraschino Cherry
3oz Rye or Bourbon
splash of water
Bitters

Soak sugar cube with bitters and allow it to begin to dissolve. Muddle water, orange peel, cherry, bitters and sugar cube. top with whiskey.

BoredByThis fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

I apologize for nothing.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Vegetable Melange posted:

My new job has the longest spec for a blood and sand I've ever seen, and it is DELICIOUS.1.5 black grouse, 3/4 each sweet vermouth, oj, and cherry heering.

You don't work at Lula Cafe in Chicago do you. They use a similar formulation, and it is indeed delicious. They also sear and flame an orange peel for dramatic effect.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Pechuga is my favorite....like licking a really drunk roasted chicken.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

In Chicago there are 4 cocktail bars that I've never regretted going to, and will always get a perfect drink when I'm there.

Aviary
Violet Hour
Scofflaw
The Whistler

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Rotten Cookies posted:

I had an awesome cocktail with my girlfriend last night in Vegas. Muddled cucumber, Hendrick's gin, lemon juice, egg white, and a rim of some sort of pulverized pepper. They called it tahini? But I'm pretty sure that's not what it's called and I was just mishearing. Anyway, it was fantastic.

That liquor recommendation list is great. I agree with the poster who said Luksusowa vodka is good. Because it is good.

Willing to bet it was Tajin. It's a lime peel, chili powder and salt mixture, and it goes awesome with cucumber based cocktails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Kenning posted:

Drambuie is the finest honey liqueur, followed closely by Benedictine. Classics are classics for a reason.

Barenjager is a fairly good contender as well.