Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

Cross-posting from the Bay Area thread:

Can anybody recommend cocktail bars in San Francisco? I'm in the bottom of the Mission, so end up at Beretta or Range when I want nice cocktails almost exclusively, but want to start hitting some of the better spots around the city. I've been to Rickhouse, and their other 3 bars are on my list, as is Smuggler's Cove. Where else should I go?

I enjoy the backroom at Dalva, also in the Mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

DasNeonLicht posted:

Refrigerate that poo poo! A good way to get through surplus red vermouth (if you need to) is to drink it Spanish style -- on the rocks with a lemon wedge. Add soda water if you like. Excellent on a hot day.

I think this would probably work well with other vermouth styles, too, but I'm not sure.

One of my favorite summertime drinks is Dolin Blanc with an orange slice.

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004
I was fooling around with limited ingredients the other night and made a pretty good variation of a Manhattan.
The house I was at didn't have vermouth, nor did they have bitters.

Instead I used:

3:1 Maker's:Lillet Rose

Instead of Bitters I added some orange zest.

All in all, it was a good drink with lots of room for improvement.

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

Klauser posted:

While we're on the subject of recommendations, can any suggest good cocktail bars in Savannah, GA?

Alleycat Lounge and the Artillery are the two I would recommend. Also, the bar at the Andaz Hotel.

Best bar in the city, however: http://www.theoriginalsavannah.com/menu - classic dive bar, batch cocktails, good music, new sandwich shop next door.

beefnchedda fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 16, 2017