Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is Tony Clifton really still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is Tony Clifton really still around

He was on the podcast 12 years ago, does that count

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

He was on the podcast 12 years ago, does that count

I remember listening to that episode once and never again. IIRC he made some horribly outdated racist jokes that made everyone so uncomfortable you could feel it through your headphones.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Let me guess, you're in your 50s

Only in spirit

Offler posted:

I remember listening to that episode once and never again. IIRC he made some horribly outdated racist jokes that made everyone so uncomfortable you could feel it through your headphones.

Speaking of racism I was listening to the episode of Bonanas for Bonanza they did at a podcast festival and even with PFT on stage playing Russel Shine to confront Dalton and Bonanza's racism, the crowd still was not having it at certain points. People boo'd after the clips haha.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 14, 2024

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bonanas for Bonanza is 100% an endorsement and celebration of everything contained within the show, especially its depiction of indigenous peoples but ESPECIALLY Hop Sing.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I could feel Andy and the other performers kinda tensing up like “oh did we really go too far? They don’t get it’s a joke?” Must be weird doing all those reprehensible characters on podcasts with no live audience and then getting one that doesn’t get the joke. It’s why I’m hesitant to ever introduce the podcast to people with a character like Don Dimello. I think he’s the funniest CBB character but people could take it the wrong way.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think you need to have a very particular comedic sensibility to enjoy don dimello and yeah i couldn't blame anyone for being put off by that character. it's real shooting the moon territory, where the character is so loathsome that it can only be sarcastic but if the joke goes even a little bit over your head it does not sound good, you have to admit

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think the key for characters like that is knowing what Andy looks like, he’s just such a mild mannered looking dude it amplifies the stuff he’s capable of coming up with. I remember when he turned up on Veep, and my friend didn’t know who he was and I was like… oh yeah this dude is going to be just the most piece of poo poo character possible, just wait.

Perfect guy for Review for sure.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think there's a reason we haven't heard of Don for years, and why Scott used to joke that CBB World had the full archives but don't listen that far back.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think there's a reason we haven't heard of Don for years, and why Scott used to joke that CBB World had the full archives but don't listen that far back.

every time scott says that i immediately visualize nick kroll in full chupacabra getup

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lil' Gary is NOT an accurate representation of the homunculi community

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Lil' Gary is NOT an accurate representation of the homunculi community

good representation of food tho

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

every time scott says that i immediately visualize nick kroll in full chupacabra getup

I feel like there were times where James adomian straight up said the n word. I’m sure I remember a line about “icing g***s” in Vietnam as huell howser at least

He’s probably better now though and I still wish he’d come back

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like there were times where James adomian straight up said the n word. I’m sure I remember a line about “icing g***s” in Vietnam as huell howser at least

Him AND Besser. I relisten to all the Harris Wittels episodes every once in a while and there's one where Besser drops those hard r n-words.

I also wish Adomian would come back. Tom Leykis was so disgustingly funny.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm pretty sure Kroll dropped one as Bobby Bottleservice when discussing Black Friday. Whoopsie!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Come to think of it, ice t is probably an impersonation pft shouldn’t have been doing

Not that he did it in a particularly offensive way but still

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Come to think of it, ice t is probably an impersonation pft shouldn’t have been doing

tbf i believe that's why he stopped doing it (along with the fact that he'd been doing it awhile and had run it's course)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Aukerman said the N-word once but it was conveniently scrubbed from the episode later (Along with Sarah Silverman saying it as well.)

R. Guyovich posted:

Really enjoyed Kroll's somewhat recent appearance where he was musing that Chupacabra would probably be fine to do these days, as long as it's firmly established that he's Castilian

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Riptor posted:

good representation of food tho

How dare you, go back and listen to the song again

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

While unquestionably offensive, Victor and Tiny were hilarious.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

While unquestionably offensive, Victor and Tiny were hilarious.

It didn’t quite click until I saw victor on the tv show and yeah oops probably shouldn’t be doing that kind of thing. But the victor podcast is up there as one of CBB’s funniest moments for me nonetheless

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He is a normal man, but he does have Adult Freckles. It's a serious condition.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ice t has such a profoundly unique voice I'm not sure if it was really a problem but better safe than sorry I guess if you're PFT.

That said I miss Tiny and Victor so much and it had nothing to do with the accents etc, the episode where Victor records and plays back his podcast is some of the hardest I've ever laughed at anything ever.

Really wish Brendon Small would come back and just play other characters. It's a shame he seems done with the podcast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Ainsley McTree posted:

There was an episode with Kroll back in the day where he was being Stallone and he definitely dropped some Asian slurs. Was pretty jarring to be honest!

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

soggybagel posted:

There was an episode with Kroll back in the day where he was being Stallone and he definitely dropped some Asian slurs. Was pretty jarring to be honest!

There's also the time when he said something like "faxes", but Scott misheard him as saying the gay slur and Kroll as Stallone rolls with it and goes "No, I said what you thought I was saying."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seaniqua posted:

I'm pretty sure Kroll dropped one as Bobby Bottleservice when discussing Black Friday. Whoopsie!

It definitely wasn't limited to one occasion! Nick Kroll absolutely loved saying the N-word. Loved it so much he dropped one in Oh Hello On Broadway which released on Netflix in 2017!

I was really expecting someone to do a cancelation supercut of him at some point but he seems to have escaped the window where that sort of thing was en vogue. Alt comedy superfans may be many things, but it turns out they're not snitches

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

xbilkis posted:

It definitely wasn't limited to one occasion! Nick Kroll absolutely loved saying the N-word. Loved it so much he dropped one in Oh Hello On Broadway which released on Netflix in 2017!

I was really expecting someone to do a cancelation supercut of him at some point but he seems to have escaped the window where that sort of thing was en vogue. Alt comedy superfans may be many things, but it turns out they're not snitches

Probably apocryphal at this point but I swear a comedian tweeted about seeing Oh Hello the week before the Netflix recording and the n word wasn’t in it

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

xbilkis posted:

Ha, yeah! I was considering mentioning that, but I thought there was some chance it was a false memory on my part.

I really thought that show was incredible. I absolutely loved it. But the "my character is a casual racist" joke was already starting to feel a little lazy at that point.

That said, I still think that "Oh Hello" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I saw Oh Hello in Boston and I don't remember them ever saying the N word; it was a long time ago but I feel like it would have stuck out in my memory if they did. A friend saw it twice and said the show was slightly different each time so it's partially improvised I think, I guess they just decided to really go for it on the one that they were recording for a popular streaming service

It was very funny though, would recommend

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Seaniqua posted:

But the "my character is a casual racist" joke was already starting to feel a little lazy at that point.

It's actually really important to come up with edgy racists jokes. How else could we figure out racism is bad without our great truth tellers laughing at racist jokes?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Was looking up Farts and Procreation clips and forgot about Curious Latina, lol yikes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Just got a notification that season 6 of Threedom is coming next week. I was actually kinda wondering if they were going to come back. Bonus Threemium episodes for CBB World subscribers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yes I also saw the announcement and I was very pleased. I need dem threedom boys

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Yes I also saw the announcement and I was very pleased. I need dem threedom boys

Love that Pretzel Gang, excited they'll be back. Looking forward to more stories of random people quietly telling them they are piss pigs.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I don’t think I’ve listened to the last season or two but hell yeah I’ll get back in

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

One of my favorite things about Threedom is how much they actually seem to enjoy when people tell them that they are Piss Pigs.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
honk beep

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

beep toot!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
(Some do car alarms, but most honk horns.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Did you know if you put gasoline in the freezer it becomes gelatinous?