Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Love me some Mott Skaukerman (I miss little gary, I liked him unlike a lot of people, of course I also wish Harris Wittels had an hour long Foam Corner show).

My favorite segment is jukebox jury I just love to hear people making fun of bad comedy songs. Does anyone else wish that they had a separate show just for the plugs?
I miss that Scott Tabletop guy. Scottabott is a dick.

The best Jukebox Jury was the one with Alan Rickman. Actually that's maybe the best CBB ever, so just go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

nominal posted:

James Adomian's Paul Giamatti impression is just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFc4isTDaAk

"'The Paul Giamatti Story' feat Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Paul Giamatti" should net him some kind of comedy award
Paul Giamatti talking into Reggie Watt's looping machine has the highest concentration of comedy ever packed into 60 seconds.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Joust posted:

That Ibrain thing was loving hilarious, Did they really hate it enough to ban him or was it like retiring his name from the show? I've only checked this podcast occasionally to listen to Patton Oswalt but I guess I should hunker down and run through some more.
The most magical line in iBrain is the one comparing Adam's testicles to two crest toothpaste factories.

I listened to Bob Ducca's list of ailments again today and what kills me almost as much as the list itself is Scott and the guests dying in the background as he goes through it. They really did not see it coming and it destroyed them.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
That's sort of why it works though. Scott surrounds himself with funny people in every show, but the way the show works is that one person, the celebrity usually, is the straight man to whatever character is there. Scott's role in the show is sort of as a mediator between the real world that the fabulous celebrities live in and the absurd universe that August Lindt and Don Dimelo come from. If Scott wasn't awkward and kinda terrible it would put the show off balance.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

SKULE123 posted:

I'm with you, although the conclusion of the game with Jimmy Pardo recently almost made up for my usual disdain for it.
"Alright so the words are teenagers....and sticky"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I think El Chupacabra can get a little grating now and then but he'll always be my favorite for the Jon Hamm/Juan Jamon episode, as well as the Christmas special with PFT and Colin Hanks and the non stop string of catchprases preventing Brett Gelman from reading whatever dumb thing he brought that day.