Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I love any episode with Harris Wittels or Adam Scott, but when those two together I nearly crashed my car laughing. Their lumberyard routine started quite banal, but went someplace very, very surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Paul Scheer is so nice that he has an entire podcast ripping on lovely movies, which results in people who were involved in those movies calling up the show saying how much they enjoyed it. I love playing along with How Did This Get Made.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I really liked the Tim and Eric episode. When Eric talks about how he only uses the Dr's soap to stop ants from getting in I lost my poo poo.

Also, Spring Dingers.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Trujillo posted:

Love how Adomian has a streak going where he's on every other week. Hope they keep it up.

If they alternate between Adomian and Besser every week, I would lose my poo poo.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

For some reason I get really bummed out that he never says Clock Soccer-mom anymore. This is what my life has become.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Ok, I was skeptical that the TV show would be any good. I was wrong. It is loving hilarious. So weird and funny.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I haven't listened to today's yet, but he and Eric Wareheim were pretty funny when they were on together and doing their popcorn.com shtick

The Popcorn.com thing was amazing. Also, the Irish Spring rant was also amazing, I still refer to myself as a "spring-dinger".

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Listen to how much everyone is listening to Tim Heidecker's Woody stories. It truly is hysterical how straight faced he is about shooting such an absurd film. When he, so earnestly, said "Jason is a great improvisor", I lost my poo poo.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

I know exactly what he's doing and 95% of the time it sucks. Oh man, an unlistenable podcast, what a funny idea.

His stuff is often more interesting when you read about it versus actually experiencing it. I'm a smart, savvy comedy consumer. I'm in on the joke. But it doesn't make it any more tolerable

See, I was laughing my head off at the whole thing. It wasn't just an amusing intellectual exercise. I find the 'big shot hollywood' type hilarious. I am not saying you are wrong or you don't get it, but I assure you that I am laughing at more than just the concept.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Um uh oh ye ah.

I loved the synopsis of Season of the Witch: Ron Perlman looking at a witch flying by and saying "Oh poo poo."
He pretty much gave up being Bro at this point and it was so loving funny. This made me laugh so hard.

Stone cold classic.

Besson fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 15, 2012

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Cast No Engine posted:

I find this impossible on every phone music player app. If you try to skip 1 minute it jumps 6:34 and then you try to go back and it goes 2:35. I know some apps let you hold the back or forward button for five second intervals but it never works out perfectly for me.

Downcast lets you jump forward by 30 seconds and 2 minutes, as well as back by 30 and 15 seconds. Simply jump forward two minutes and hit back 15 seconds and you are done.

Also, it is a pretty good app all round.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

No Ticket posted:

Chelsea Peretti has the most infectious laugh I've ever heard
You nailed it. Every time she loses her poo poo I can't keep it together. Something really sets her off this episode, and the whole show stalls because she is laughing so hard. I drat near crashed my car because of it.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Bob was so uncomfortable, it was great. Especially when Besser suggested he jerks off and then throws his semen inside his wife's pussy.

Besser is an incredible improviser. He is never heard stalling or stammering, and his wit is just so fast and so sharp. Except "pulled Bjork sandwich".

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I hope to one day actually publish this book myself.

I wish this was real.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Yup, this is the best of 2012. Kroll and Mulaney bounce off each other so well, Caplan totally gets it, and Scott keeps things tied together perfectly. Instant classic.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Gillian had a pretty strong Garry Marshall impression. I wish she were on the show more often, as she gets the rhythm of the show and bounces off her guests really strongly. Listening to her writhe about Words With Friends will always be funny.

Lapkus was hilarious, but I think I responded to it because she reminds me of a few people I really know. The 'pretentious traveler' type is a pretty unique angle. She was a big part of what made Would You Rather so great this week.

This is a top-five of the year episode for me. Up there with the Bro-Andy Samberg reunion and the Lizzy Caplan episode.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Aside from the Billy Bob Thornton episode, which was a funny concept that went for too long, I'll vouch for Heidecker until I die. Popcorn.com and the Woody Allen stuff are still some of my favourite bits.

I know you guys don't like him, and I understand, but I love his appearances. I guess will never get sick of the 'showbiz ego' character.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Yeah, everyone was strong but they didn't mesh together. Two characters was too much. Everyone was trying to do their bit and stepping all over each other.

Heidecker was right to take a backseat in the second half, but even then the show was claustrophobic. Although, I loving lost it at "Rasta Man".

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Through all the amazing character work Besser did this episode, this dumb joke is the one I keep thinking about. It's so dumb and stupid and wonderful.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Lost it at 'Kiss Kiss Bong Bong".

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Video Improv4Humans is the best improv for humans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUOiFxb1sI

I'm actually warming to this format. Thanks Earwolf.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

GraPar posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, my wife.

This is incredible. I forgot how great it is when Apatow is trying to tell a story and Scott and Wompler keep saying it because they have to. They can't resist.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Even if the rape bit was a bit much, I loving loved this episode. The whole PSH "seize what's real and act" bit was incredible. The dodgy impression didn't bother me, because the 'character' that was portrayed was such a great exaggeration.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Ok, Neil Campbell explaining his play made me laugh so hard. Every appearance of his is incredible. His characters are so well rounded with so little exposition.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

The four part Bad Company movie saga should cement Tim as a CBB legend.

"I just got a text from Tom. It just says: 'rasta man'."

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

"It's been"

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I know I am late to this party, but What A Thrashable Slope had me in tears. The ski-dude inflection sounds hilarious when it attempts to be poignant.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Horatio is odd on CBB because he always improvs himself into a hole and has no idea how to get out. He either contradicts himself into a corner or completely forgets things he said earlier and has no idea how to proceed. Sometimes it can be funny, because Scott and the guest can try and make sense of it to make it seem absurd, otherwise it can fall flat.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Yeah, character work isn't his strong suit. Especially when it has to be sustained for an hour or so.

Love his I4H stuff.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I have conflicting feelings towards Tim. I hate when he's on with other guests. But his opening 1 on 1 segments with Scott are consistently hilarious. His Woody Allen story still cracks me up.

Pretty much, but I liked it when he was on with Kroll talking about soap.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

When was the last "Who Said It?" I remember the theme song being particularly amazing.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

When it was revealed that Paul (Mall) McCartney and Austin Powers are essentially the same person, my mind was blown. The episode was worth it just for that comparison.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

This is a good one.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

So apparently Seth Morris wrote and performed a whole piece in tribute of the Giant Bomb guy that died?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Still the best theme song.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I really really liked episode 240 with Pegg, Wright, and Frost. It's definitely in my top 10.

I forgot about this and you are right, that episode was great. Spot on impressions and fun banter. Dudes were clearly happy to have a break from the standard promotion circuit.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

The Weird Al episode was fire. You guys are nuts.

I haven't listened to the best of's yet, but has the Frost/Wright/Pegg shown up yet? The middle section was glorious.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm just going to pretend The Pepper Men won

It was probably my favourite as well. I mean, Neil's play was amazing in itself.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I reckon Greggy's right and Scott was using "publicist" to mean "Edgar Wright" without giving the whole game away. There was a whole bit on the Adam & Joe show about how much they both feared improv.

I feel like Scott has told the bad guest story way before the Simon and Nick's appearance. I'm willing to bet it was the Napoleon Dynamite episode, in which the guy wasn't playing ball and hated the improv games and Adomian's (?) character. Is it a short episode? I'm on my phone so I can't check now

Also, that episode had Scott specifically saying the publicist organised the guest booking, which is a weird thing to mention mid-episode.

Besson fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Marv Albert/Don Pardo was the best thing. I don't know why people saying "Myoosical guest!" entertains me so much but it does.

Liz & Liz are my least favorite characters on Kroll Show but oh well, still a good ep. Jenny Slate is adorable.

The only time I liked a Liz appearance is when she went to the ice hockey rink with Caesar. Everywhere else, yeah, weak characters on an otherwise great show.