Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
The Wil Wheaton episode is the best, but the Mat Smith and Karen Gillian episode from Comic Con this year was amazing too. They have this three way Star Trek/Dr Who nerdout with Wil that is just hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Penn was on Kevin Smith's daily show an there were no politics, it was actually a really good conversation about the business and he was just cool as hell.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Did anyone watch the BBC special? It was great. I have developed such a huge crush on Wil Wheaton because of his appearances on the podcast and this show. He's so damned cute with the walrus.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Sometimes they do it at the E! studios. I am so freaking happy they're coming to Michigan in April, wish tickets were on sale now so I can get it squared away but they're not yet. Ahh waiting sucks.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

StrikerObi posted:

Graham Elwood episode was really good. I had a chance to see Graham open for Doug Benson a few months ago and he was hilarious. Hearing all his stories from doing comedy for the troops was awesome. I knew he was big into that, but those stories were intense. He's awesome for going over there and doing something to make those guys feel at least a little bit normal in between fighting for their lives.

I really would like to hear more of his Middle East stories. Never really paid attention to him beyond him being on Doug Loves Movies quite a bit.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Here's Chris' statement on it:

quote:

Chris Hardwick
You won’t notice any change in the way we run things. Legendary was already an investor and you didn’t notice that. This exercise will be no different. The change you WILL notice is the breadth and quality of things we’ll now be able to create. And no, we will not become a trumpet solely to pimp Legendary’s properties. Thomas specifically told me NOT to do that (conveniently before I had to say that that was not my goal with this). We will cover them fairly, as we had in the past, and will remain impartial in our coverage of all things. I still love Marvel, IDW, DC, et al. That’s not going to change. What we WILL be able to do is have better access to stories, scoops, and behind the scenes goodness. Nerdist News is a particularly interesting piece of the puzzle for me, and this will help us build that out into a respectable li’l news engine that breaks stories and gets exclusives.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/07/the-legendary-thing/

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
If you are a Henry Rollins fan at all check out his interview this week. It was really great and Chris let Jonah and one of the interns do most of the work because they knew more about him. Henry was awesome.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Not 100% podcast related but still cute as hell to me. My 14 year old wrote Enjoy Your Burrito on a paper for her science class just to be silly, her teacher hands the paper back and under it he wrote Nerdtastic! I just thought that was awesome. She thought it was neat as hell that her teacher was a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Not super happy about it myself. But holy crap Sally Fields! It's really weird hearing Hardwick on Comcast commercials though. He is getting married and it seems Jonah at least has a ton going on. I miss the interviews when they were all together. So at this point I'll take what I can get. It feels like a lot of the shows I listen to regularly are on the wane which makes me sad as hell but hey I did discover a law and order svu podcast haha.

• Locked thread