Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Jenny Wade was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

indigi posted:

Listening to the new standup special, this has really fallen off a cliff since last year. I'm about halfway in and had to put the Diani and Devine part on 2x, it is not funny in the slightest. I mean, maybe if I were drunk and one of my 12 year old cousins were pitching me this sketch after Christmas dinner I'd feel more charitable, but I'd still encourage them to take another few cracks at the script.

That guy with the duck story should follow his grandfather's advice and get the gently caress out of comedy.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Aisha has made episode 1 only available for paying subscribers as of a week or two ago.

Tenacious D awesome.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

indigi posted:

Is the West/Dimaggio episode worth listening to? I haven't listened in a couple months now but I love Futurama so much I am tempted to dip back in

One of the best in my opinion.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Agreed, I wish today's podcast was exponentially longer.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I don't know how Perlman made it through that interview without beating Matt to death. Jesus Christ hes insufferable in this one.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The Grohl interview was much better than WTF's.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The Drew Cary episode I recall being fascinating. Think it's episode 2.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Sex Nerd Sandra and her podcast partner break up on the latest show. Pulling back the hood is interesting, I guess, but listening to them dump their baggage on each other is a bit much.

Dave is the least funny comedian I've heard on Nerdist and this is nothing if not a good thing for anyone who follows the podcast. Why are there so few sex podcasts and why aren't they better?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Dave always struck me as a being friendzoned as gently caress and bitter about it. On this episode he talks about not having any interest in her but hes clearly full of poo poo.

I feel his defensiveness really held the show back. There is potential in the podcast. Maron and Hardwick were both awesome on it. Hopefully now it will go somewhere.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Homme totally blows off the album. It's a really good episode if only for the Rock 'n' Roll's Steve Perry story.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Chris quickly mentions Matt leaving the TV show during the open to the Bridges episode. I can't seem to find anything else about it online.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Pretty sure the Harrison Ford talk was from the panel he attended for Ender's Game.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I had almost forgotten how much I don't like Matt Mira. Hes so very very bad in this episode.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I can't thinking anything more annoying to a recovering alcoholic than someone acting like a drunk rear end in a top hat.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The thing that kills me about Matt is for the longest time it seemed all he did was complain while Jonah and Chris brought him kicking and screaming from the obscurity of the Genius Bar.

The end of the last episode was the first time there has been mention of Matt working to better their brand.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Listening to it now. Ford sounds like he is trying harder than normal to be good. I'm liking it more than I thought I would.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

What happened to him? I don't think I will be sitting through a 2 hour hostful episode but I'm curious.

Matt - Was dumped and spent his savings helping his family out with financial stuff.

Chris - Father died and Chloe's health issue earlier this year was a ectopic pregnancy.

Someone's dad got face cancer, I think maybe Matt's. I toned him out entirely by that point.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

I'm about halfway through the SDCC episode and I really do not understand why they have Kyle in the room, or give him a microphone. I don't need to hear his garbage laugh all day.

Its a bit he and Chris worked out on the podcast a week or so ago to piss off the "sister-wives".

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Rose McGowan... well, I almost made it 45 minutes before I couldn't take it any more. For someone who claims to have done so much she is very boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

We need a longer Keanu episode.

• Locked thread