Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is there a big list somewhere of all the Leonard Maltin Game categories that have been suggested and, for the ones picked, what movie it was? I'd really like to try a home version and it would be helpful if I could just crib from a list that someone else compiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Dear Sergio posted:

Does anyone that posts in this thread actually like the podcast Doug Loves Movies this isn't a joke.

It's probably safe to assume that anyone reading/posting itt likes DLM, likes Doug, and likes the games. The enjoyability of any given episode is totally determined by the guests though and he's been having a lot of annoying, (subjectively) unfunny -- at least in the context of DLM -- people on lately (I'm looking at you Elwood, Mira, and Ybarra). Hell, not even lately; Elwood's been making GBS threads up DLM for years. Give me an episode with "Werner Herzog", John Hamm, Ken Jennings, Maltin, or Edgar Wright and I'm stoked. Give me an episode with four people I've never heard of who don't know how to play the games and I'll listen to it and enjoy it as long as there are some funny bits. But yeah, bad guests can make the show pretty painful to sit through and sometimes, like recently, there are a run of (again, subjectively) bad guests who poo poo up the show.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Zsinjeh posted:

"Are you quoting...yourself? :crossarms:" - Zsinjeh, 10/10/14, after reading Keystoned's post

I noticed that too and thought it'd be a great pull quote from an Onion article headlined "Local Man Flummoxed By Hearing Favorite Podcaster on Terrestrial Radio"

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I always thought Graham was a bit annoying but tolerable until I watched the tour doc where he drove Doug around and opened for him (Greatest Movie Ever Rolled, maybe?). Graham had way too much screen time and never once said anything even slightly funny. By the end of it I never wanted to see or hear him again.

• Locked thread