Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I loved that Revenge of the Nerds meets Eddie Murphy laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So does Sam Levine own 5 different SA accounts or do people actually care this much about the rules, let alone the games? I love me some LMG but I could care less if they only get one round in as long as the guests are hilarious.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

reflir posted:

Chelsea Peretti is so horrible the letters I'd need to mock her and her terrible laugh don't exist. Holy poo poo what an intensely annoying person.

Yeah but you like Lost in Translation so much you paid $5 to tell everyone on an internet forum that you like it so much, so let's be real here when it comes to intensely annoying people and delightful, hilarious stand up comediennes.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

Nothing against Comedy Bang Bang's live podcast recordings, but I'm kinda glad that UCB eps of DLM will soon no longer have to be rushed through at the end with one quick point of Leonard Maltin. Long shows are a lot more fun.

Unless DLM gets moved to midnight, he's still gonna have to rush through the end.

I wish he'd just get rid of the non-Leonard Maltin games and just talk with his guests. Maybe save them for episodes with guests who are actually good at the games.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Going by PFT's Instagram updates, this year's 12 Guests of Xmas is going to be over 3 hours long.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sam the Ma'am is the best because he's just playing up his "evil person twirling his mustache after tying kate miccuci to train tracks" persona.

I don't dislike Graham or Hardwick. But they still haven't made any impact on me after dozens of podcasts. Hardwick is strange though considering how big he's become. He seems like a nice guy and is obviously a smart businessman, but I don't see his appeal at all. He's not particularly funny nor is he good interviewer and he doesn't have an interesting background. Unless you consider going from hosting MTV game shows to being a new media king a redemption story.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Drunk Chris Evans is the best. They need to pair him with Martin Starr way more often.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

escape artist posted:

He's nearly 50 but acts like a drat adolescent. And has the same taste in movies, too.

I'll never forgive him for saying Federico Fellini is boring. No cinephile would dare speak such words.

Doug Benson would never use the term "cinephile" to describe himself because his whole profession revolves around not taking himself seriously. Dude loves movies.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

God forbid women decided to send softcore covered-nudity to a man... who's in his late 40s!

Do you also get mad at 40 year old rock stars who have sex with 20 year women who want to sleep with them?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

As they say in Goodfellas, HOOO-AAHHHHH!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For those of us who weren't following Marc's career at his most spiteful (basically all of us), that was a delight. Especially since it was very genuine.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought that was the perfect DLM panel. A loud-mouth, a quick-wit, and a (relative to the others) quiet guest who chimes in with a great quip when needed.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If your opener is funnier than you, you're a dumb comic.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I like Bane voice. It's just a silly thing an old stoner says. It's like getting mad at Doug for saying Two Oceans Thirteen.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"My mom's French, so we only celebrate Bastille Day."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Golbez posted:

So this is the "Doug Loves Movies, and people who don't get Who Charted" thread.

The Earwolf thread is tooooo far.

I still like WC but Kulap's voice acting is beyond horrendous. Has she ever heard Jackée speak?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you haven't subscribed to Doug Loves Minis yet, he does apologize for his dumb outburst.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 2, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Yeah Randy making a bad Kumar joke and having Kumail hate him with a passion for the rest of the episode is much more awkward than Doug's rant.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I honestly don't get how people don't get that jokes about peoples names are never that funny or original, but that a dude who hangs around a mostly white comedian crowd hasn't heard that literally a million times. Like people could at least try to not just say the first thing that pops into their head, but I guess being super high plays into it as well.

It gets even more awkward since one of Kumail's funniest bits is about a guy driving by ad yelling KUMAR at him in Orange County.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anthony Jeselnik is today's guest on Getting Doug with High. I'd watch but I'm saving it for when I get a G Pen in a few days. Was Jeselnik smoking? I can't imagine him high at all.

edit:

ALSO, guy who interns at the UCB, how soon do the Friday night improv shows at 9:30 and 11 sell out? I'm trying to buy tickets for next week's performance (either one).

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 17, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm def in the minority of people who think Bert's laugh is not (that) annoying and actually makes me start cracking up at its ridiculousness. Also, movies ruined by removing the white privilege of its characters could be its own podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Thanks for not spoiling that the Avengers win at the end of The Avengers.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fiendly posted:

Awesome, thanks! I've actually listened to Legacy Music Hour a few times and I subscribe to his YouTube (although the video I know him best for is Ultimate Drumming Technique, hosted outside of YouTube), so it's ridiculous I didn't remember it was him. I need to check out a lot more of his stuff, he never disappoints (a comedy-and-David Lynch fan, like myself).

EDIT: "Mom, why you gotta buy such a boo?! Oh, hi dad."

If you like Weinbach, watch DJ Douggpound's webseries Pound House on the Jash Youtube channel. Weinbach is in every episode and it's very David Lynch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gevxYpJqrYM

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 17, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Chris Cubas having his favorite movie tattooed on him but not getting a chance to play in that round is amazing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mola Yam posted:

No more "two-Oceans-X"!

loving YES

He's said a couple times that he's going to continue doing it past 2013 so ha!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Reformed Pissboy posted:

This Tony Camin dude is pretty obnoxious :^I

Initially I chalked it up to him being a guest that smoked before the show when he really shouldn't have.... But then I looked him up and he's the third guy from The Marijuanalogues. So that's no excuse for acting literally retarded after smoking.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Howard Kremer is adorably awkward.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Who the f are these people on Getting Doug With High? I mean, besides Iron Man.

Redban runs the DEATHSQUAD podcast network which is to The Comedy Store what Earwolf is to UCB. Guys and gals like Stanhope, Joey Diaz, Ari Schifir, Joe Rogan, Fahim Anwar, Brody Stevens, Lil Esther, etc. Tony Hinchcliffe is a Comedy Store regular too and I think he wrote on Jeff Ross's TV show.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

don't expect to get too many huge names considering the nature of the show

Eh, I doubt that has anything to do with it. Smoking weed is more socially acceptable in California than smoking cigarettes and in many ways more legally acceptable. Plus comedians aren't looking to get a job at Best Buy anytime soon.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

No but a lot of them are trying to get hired to be in big studio movies that may or may not be interested in hiring people who have been recorded publicly using marijuana.

The careers of Zach Galiafanakis, Seth Rogen, and the Workaholics guys are doing fine despite interviews extolling their love of pot or in Zach's case, actually smoking on a TV show. Anyone watch Comedy Central these last two weeks? It's been non-stop commercials for Broad City that put the main character's pot smoking front and center. They're doing that to market it as a companion show to its lead-in, Workaholics, a show that features marijuana in its opening credits and is also their highest-rated scripted show.

The only real goal for an executive in charge of comedy development/production is to make money by appealing to the 18-35 demo. As cheesy as it sounds, marijuana is "in" right now and it's increasingly becoming mainstream in America. Marijuana isn't going to stop someone from being hired. Your agent can probably get you a meeting more easily if you have a marijuana-themed spec feature to shop around.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXMFc9C6HE

Live Getting Doug with High from Largo w/ Eric Andre, Harris Wittels, Jonah Ray, Rory Scovel, and Steve Agee at 9PM Pacific time!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The original link I posted is hosed, but someone in the Youtube chat found the working one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAo7l_zukmc

No Eric Andre though.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Haha poor Jonah Ray. It's like he's wishing he wasn't at this party... Except the party is 200 people staring at you.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Such a fitting end to the highest I've ever seen Doug. "Thanks for coming out for the first live Doug Loves Movies!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Also, at first I thought Agee, a well known stoner, was on Jonah's level because he wasn't talking. But nope, he was just uncomfortable on the stool.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

New Getting Doug With High with Reggie Watts and the gals from Broad City in 15 minutes! Broad City is so loving funny. It's like Girls mixed with Workaholics mixed with Looney Tunes.

edit: Dang, I thought the 9PM start meant it was another show in front of an audience.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 12, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Timett posted:

It would require just the slightest extra prep work before a show but he knows all the categories ahead of time so using the book and just bringing a few pages of notes wouldn't be that hard. Use LeonardMaltin.com for In Theaters Now clues and IMDB for the cast.

There are workarounds is all I'm sayin.

Yeah but Doug Benson smokes a poo poo ton of weed.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How good Doug Benson and Tommy Chong look for their respective ages should be advertising for the daily use of marijuana.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Oh those Californians! Always referring to places east of Las Vegas as back east :confused:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Kumail, TJ, Rich Sommers and Kurt B. on tonight's DLM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Has Leonard Maltin ever sat in the audience before?

edit: also, if you haven't listened to Doug Loves Minis in a while, CHECK OUT THE INTRO TO THE LATEST EPISODES IMMEDIATELY.

• Locked thread