Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Guess he got lucky: Terrible second movies after a good debut of a director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I was thinking about Richard Kelly. From Donnie Darko to Southland Tales...

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Golbez posted:

What's so amazing about that is that PFT was able to internally keep track of being three parts of a four-way conversation, AND keep the audience entertained and involved.

Yeah, that really impressed me too.

Pretty sure the F stands for Paul loving Tompkins, that's how amazing that guy is.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Holy poo poo that was amazing.

I really liked Sarah Silverman on the first 50-ish minutes of the Todd Glass Show episode with Jonah Ray/Anthony Jeselnik.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The build-a-title was pretty great in the last episode. Would "Love song for Bobby Long" have been okay for the first round?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You're weird.

As much as I enjoy PFT being everywhere, I just wish he'd stop appearing on everybody else's podcasts for a couple hours so he can appear on ep 17 of his own. :(

It's coming back! That's what he said at the end of DLM.
I liked this episode. I kinda hate cake boss but Ice-T was great and the build-a-title game was great.

Still, I want more Rickman and DENVER!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The ABC game is kinda fun though. Still: bullshit!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I want that Planet of the chicks podcast-tableread. Or any other terrible script.

Just grab one of the billion terrible scripts, get 4-5 funny people and have them read it. I would listen the poo poo out of that podcast.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo. Amazing episode and the little girl needs to be on EVERY podcast ever. She is great :3:.

Edit: Chelsea trying to get in Grizzly Man while she was talking about ploar bears was hilarious!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 26, 2012

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Wow, they didn't even start the game. Great episode!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Anna Kendrick is just :3:.
"Officially I'm offended."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

reflir posted:

So who is Olivia Fox, TREVOR.

She's a shithead, you don't want to know.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
But it's way too short! Hot Saucerman's Olivia Munn joke was amazing though.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really liked this episode. The banter was great and I had zero problems with Peretti.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo this was amazing. This finally made me subscribe to the Joe Rogan podcast too. I need more Bert Kreischer!

Was this really recorded on an iPhone? The quality really wasn't bad.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Chelsea Peretti!!! Oh god I hope she does her QVC presenter impersonation again, that was the funniest drat thing.

e: oh dammit I thought I had clicked on the Todd Glass Show thread.

Oh god I want her and Todd on DLM. Throw in Pete Holmes and Doug could just leave after announcing the guests.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Rob-ocop?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
No Pete Holmes :smith:. But that does look like an amazing show!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
But the episode was pretty good :confused:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Good luck!

If you still have some time to edit it, the music is a bit too loud, sometimes you can't really hear what the narrator is saying.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Binowru posted:

Oh my god, Jesse Ventura doing Skrillex noises on the newest ep. I loving lost it.

That was seriously amazing. I also loved the bonus Benson Interruption. Drunk Kumail is great.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Drunk episode of The Benson Interruption was great.
I loved Kumail being shocked Jen Kirkman didn't want to go to the strip club.

Big Irish's poo poo-story was absolutely amazing too.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Doctor Candiru posted:

What's the play?

What's the play, bitches?

Really fun episode. Doug's gently caress up with the years was great too. "You hosed me, bro!"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The radio guys are great though. I really like them.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The episode with Tim League was pretty good.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Haha, a few weeks ago I watched a few of Doug's standup clips with my father on Youtube and when I told him how old Doug is he just went "really? gently caress that guy!"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
For some reason I really like the backroom episodes/bits (like the Motion City Soundtrack episode/the beginning of the Podfest episode with Zack and Agee). They are not very funny but I like the atmosphere :downs:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I like it too but apparently there is a ton of people that really dislike it. Guess it's a Sushi situation, kinda like it or hate it :v:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Great episode! Michael Bane really cracked me up.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really, really! want an episode with Levine and Elliott Kalan (The Flophouse podcast, writer for The Daily Show). Kalan is a walking IMDB too AND he is funny as hell (if you like words that sounds like other words).

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I still want Levine vs Elliot Kalan. If you listen to The Flophouse you know that it would be the best possible matchup for a LM game.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really don't get the Levine hate. First you all cry when there is no game/people don't play it "right" and then you get upset about him? I just don't get it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
If you are one of those people that get whiny when the LM game is cut short: Don't listen to the newest episode!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Fuckin' Hardwick. But I loved how the shut out Samm.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really liked the episode and the game of a b c deez plugs was hilarious.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

LesterGroans posted:

"Hook a Brother Up" is maybe the best Len Maltin category in the history of the show. And Sarah Silverman made it even funnier!

Was that the Mean LaQueefa category?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Trujillo posted:

He's done it so much I've just gotten immune to it. It's crazy that he's done it pretty much every episode since that movie came out and the audience still loves it. I don't think they listen to the show.

I listen to the show and I still think it's funny :shobon:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Binowru posted:

Doug is a guest on today's Comedy Bang Bang. I haven't listened to it yet but I always like when Doug guests on other podcasts. His episode of Kevin Pollak's Chat Show is one of the few eps I've listened to all the way through.

He was also great on You Made It Weird.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

The Ape of Naples posted:

I haven't listened to the new DLM but I'm confused but the guest list.

I immediately lost interest when Doug said that it wasn't a PFT character. The episode was pretty good though. Elwood was annoyed but it wasn't too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I stopped when Elwood started whistling, did I miss anything interesting?

• Locked thread