Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

For everyone that doesn't know Doug's age, look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Doug was 3 blocks from where I live doing DLM a couple months ago and I was stupid and didn't go. I've made it a point to see him since no matter what, and while listening to Rental Car V they mentioned Minneapolis (where I live) and said they would be here this Saturday. Guess what show is sold out!

I've never bought tickets for something that's sold out and I don't know how it works.. if I went 1-2 hours early and just waited outside would I eventually come across a ticket? I've searched craigslist and facebook marketplace with no luck

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Binowru posted:

First you should check if the venue will have a waiting list. That way you can at least get in if someone buys a ticket and doesn't show up. Otherwise you'll have to rely on scalpers, and I have no idea what scalping is like in Minneapp.

Thanks I'll check that out. Also are these type of shows the kind of crowd that would have people outside scalping.. or does that also fully depend on the city?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I asked him in his AST q&a thread about tickets and I'm stupid haha. The one that was sold out was a 20th anniversary for the club (that he is in) and DLM is before that at 4:20 with tickets still available. Looks like i'm going! I just need to think of a nametag and make it before saturday...

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 3, 2011

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Went to the taping today and got mentioned.. He looks way more high in person goddamn hahah.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Riptor posted:

Doggone It - Movies in which a dog dies

This category already exists and Im pretty sure that's the exact name

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

so far 9 different episodes have been named out of 28 so I'd say it's safe to try it out. I really like it, but the shtick of being SO over the top with how they talk about the show gets old after a while.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Sa9hXA4mo

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yeah he was joking but I think it'd make the game much better if he put some sort of condition on the movie titles. Right now it's pretty boring to listen to.

I just don't see how he can think it's a good idea. Say you're playing with three other people and your first letter is D, it'd be pretty easy to just think of movies that start with H, L, P, T, Z, etc. quick and remember them.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Im not sure if other people don't "get" graham or if I have the wrong perception of him (since I only know him from DLM), but I see graham as an amplified version of himself for comedic value. It's genuine frustration on the podcast but it feels like he really boosts it to anger, more than he knows is acceptable, as his shtick.
Am I wrong? Am I right? Is the sun's color chicken?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Find the Doug Loves Movies with Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss, Nick Kroll as El Chupacabra and Andy Daly as the creepy film producer.

You're welcome.

As someone who has listened to this episode at least 8 times, it is the only right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Seriously, when was this ep released?

I can't find it on the DLM archives, but it's "Cake Boss, El Chupacabra and Don Dimelo guest" from 11/4/11.
It's the hardest I've laughed from any podcast, and extremely accessible for people who have no idea what podcasts even are.

• Locked thread