Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
That terrible Austin show is simply the result of having guests whose job is to talk about nothing for four straight hours a day, every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
"Your face appears infectious."

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
A lot of people find it annoying, for good reasons, but I would try Punisher: War Zone and Crank: High Voltage from last week. They are both episodes where the directors showed up to talk about their movies and the cast actually like both of those films, so they are not necessarily representative of the show but they are my favorite episodes.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

Pet peeve: when you can tell who's going to win LMG by how much time is left in the episode. I guess the solution to that is to not look at your iPod when you're listening.

I never considered this benefit to owning a shuffle.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Kulap got hosed on the "Story of Usual Suspects" call. Come on Doug!! :mad:

It's by sound, not spelling. It has to make sense when you say it aloud.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

It's actually a combination of the latter two: the Leonard Maltin app.

For build a title they typically use no references. If you did use something it would just be to check that someone isn't bluffing, and you would use IMDB since LM App isn't comprehensive.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Davincie posted:

Also does he ever leave the USA?

This whole week has been episodes from Vancouver.

So no, not really.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
I'm sick of podcasters being thin-skinned and changing their shows for a vocal, but narrow, slice of the audience that complain about things that don't matter. I have to assume part of it is trying to keep their metrics up in iTunes' absurd and mysterious ranking system, but I suspect some of it is the pathological need for acceptance comedians seem to have. I've noticed on several different podcasts now comedians taking comments about their shows absurdly personally.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
That sounds crazy irritating and Scott Aukerman is really pushing his luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Was he too high or too drunk in that REALLY bad episode few months ago he later apologized for?

He does refer to that one as the "How high is too high?" episode, but it's still not as bad as that panel of morning show DJs he had on once.

• Locked thread