Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I would like to listen, but the audio quality is generally super bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I only saw Skyfall just before Christmas. So now I can go back and listen to the ten minutes I had to skip from what seemed like 20 episodes.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Dancing Potato posted:

Considering this is a comedy podcast that features seasoned performers every week, I'd venture a guess that he does this EXACTLY to get that reaction. He's very much the deliberate villain.

Absolutely. It's pure pantomime.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I usually skip the first 30-60 seconds, maybe dropping in for the corrections department, but I will have to check if he uses it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Half of the show is Doug being pissed at his guests. But I enjoy that.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

In this latest one, skip ahead a few minutes when they talk about Gone Girl if you plan on seeing it. I've not seen it, but that sounded like a biiig spoiler.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

12 guests of Christmas is up? I get an error when downcast on my iPhone tries to download it though. Anyone else having problems?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I'm a bit behind, but Michael Sheen is just a delight. One of the funniest non-comedian guests, as well.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

davey_dave posted:

Reverse Maltin isn't so bad.

I find it kind of boring. You either know some names or you don't. It seems that fairly often people only remember 2-3 names. I enjoyed having the clues and I even liked the crappy puns for the category names.

Even if the app is no longer updated, there must still be a ton of films that he could use for the regular LM game.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

-Atom- posted:

I hope Duncan Trussel and Dustin Ybarra are on the same episode one day because not a single soul will be able to tell them apart

Heh, I probably have mixed them up in the past. I now googled him after some jabs at his weight, because I had imagined him to look like the white guy with dreadlocks from True Romance (I might also be thinking of Leon), but he looks quite different to how I pictured him. I don't find him annoying, for the record.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

i am the bird posted:

based on the fact that people hate him

Not heard this episode, but this is news to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Another comic I recently heard complaining that podcast exposure has not helped was Graham Elwood talking about all his appearances on Doug Loves Movies whilst on Bert Kreischer's podcast. I think over-exposure was a big problem in that department.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I dunno I think Graham being annoying on DLM is his biggest downfall not overexposure.
I mean I'd go see Geoff Tate and he's been on a lot too. Heck, I'd go see Doug and he's been on way more than Graham. Doesn't Graham have or had a Podcast himself? (E:yeah since about 2010). I think Graham is just looking for a scapegoat.

Moving this over from the CBB thread.

I was phone posting, so couldn't be bothered to get into it, but I didn't find Graham so annoying. Or at least as annoying as others do. The whistling and repeated bits were annoying, sure. Graham brought this up as kind of being the dynamic that he and Doug went for, and playing up the rivalry with Samm Levine, etc. It was interesting how he was saying that he would get genuinely pissed off at Doug, and didn't like Doug mocking him for wanting to plug his stuff, etc. I guess there had been some real friction. They also talk about the 100 cheeseburgers event as well.

Anyway, the episode is here: http://bertcast.com/?p=529

• Locked thread