Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Astroturf Man posted:

With the added bonus that they run off and get eaten by ghouls.

Figure a ghoul's got as much right to eat as a crow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ribbo posted:

I will just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc9dQVOmkUM

If Boone had paid more attention during the history classes they didn't teach at the bombed out remains of what could have been his school, maybe his wife wouldn't have been sold into slavery :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Jerusalem posted:

If Boone had paid more attention during the history classes they didn't teach at the bombed out remains of what could have been his school, maybe his wife wouldn't have been sold into slavery :colbert:

If his wife had a concealed Gobi sniper rifle, it would never have happened.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't Boone from back west in NCR's core territory? He probably went to an actual school actually.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, I think my game is bugged. I helped that smuggler in the NCR camp. He gave me This Machine, but his inventory is still the same as before, and doesn't update.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Wasn't Boone from back west in NCR's core territory? He probably went to an actual school actually.

He has 3 Intelligence, cut the man some slack.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He also has 1 CHA; I'm disappointed Obsidian didn't make him look like Sloth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

He also has 1 CHA; I'm disappointed Obsidian didn't make him look like Sloth.

You would be able to bypass his personal quest requirements if you just give him a Baby Ruth :)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

Okay, I think my game is bugged. I helped that smuggler in the NCR camp. He gave me This Machine, but his inventory is still the same as before, and doesn't update.

Yup, that's a bug. I thought the latest patch fixed it but I guess it didn't.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yup, that's a bug. I thought the latest patch fixed it but I guess it didn't.

God drat it! Is there any way to fix it? :(

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Bloody Pom posted:

I crucify the bastard. Every single time. Let's see how you like being left to die slowly and painfully, you snake. :smug:

In my current playthrough I killed Caesar, dragged him over to Benny and devoured the corpse before his eyes. Following that, I placed ten packs of C4 at his knees, walked to the other side of the tent and tossed a grenade on the pile.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benny is still safe and well in the Presidential Suite at The Topps in my game.

Well, his head is, anyway....

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

CJacobs posted:

Taking a closer look at it, you're right, but technically he could kill Benny and take Maria, kill the weapon taking guy with it, take the stuff out of the chest and get ALSID back, THEN massacre everyone in the fort with it(which is the correct course of action).

Thinking about it, could you pickpocket ALSID onto Benny at the Tops, then get it back off him when he turns up at the Fort? Or would gamebryo's weirdness not let that work?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AXE COP posted:

Thinking about it, could you pickpocket ALSID onto Benny at the Tops, then get it back off him when he turns up at the Fort? Or would gamebryo's weirdness not let that work?

Nothing could possibly persuade me to give up ALSID. Not ever. It is never leaving my side.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

AXE COP posted:

Wouldn't work. It's actually a different Benny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love the fact that if you're a girl character, you can convince Benny to give up the chip, sleep with him, talk to Yes Man ONCE on the way out, and complete his original con without him even being a part of it as long as you don't go back. Not only does he not get his comeuppance for shooting you in the face, he gets laid AND gets his plan fulfilled. At least, I think that's how I remember it going.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

CJacobs posted:

I love the fact that...

I miss your LP :saddowns: Any luck on unfucking your saves?

Back on topic, something I've been wondering. Is it possible to max out your SPECIAL legitimately? Implants, Intense Training, Small Frame, Four Eyes, the Lonesome Road perk, various bonuses from clothes/headgear/other perks... I spent like ten minutes trying to work it out and then got bored :shobon:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

eating only apples posted:

Back on topic, something I've been wondering. Is it possible to max out your SPECIAL legitimately? Implants, Intense Training, Small Frame, Four Eyes, the Lonesome Road perk, various bonuses from clothes/headgear/other perks... I spent like ten minutes trying to work it out and then got bored :shobon:

Depending on your definition of "legitimately", there's the AGL glitch with the Sierra Madre machine.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Four eyes is a questionable one as well.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

With Claustrophobia and Early Bird, you can max out your stats... but only when you're outdoors, between 6 am and 12 pm.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I gave up and just started over. Once I get the whole thing recorded, then I'll start doing commentary on it. As of now there are five half-hour episodes up on YouTube under Unlisted waiting for me and some other brave soul to do commentary on. The LP isn't coming back until I have enough worth posting and have literally no chance of any backlog, I want to do this thing right this time!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

CJacobs posted:

I gave up and just started over. Once I get the whole thing recorded, then I'll start doing commentary on it. As of now there are five half-hour episodes up on YouTube under Unlisted waiting for me and some other brave soul to do commentary on. The LP isn't coming back until I have enough worth posting and have literally no chance of any backlog, I want to do this thing right this time!

Post it here, I can't wait to see it return man.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
No one has mentioned the news about the Ultimate Edition yet so I guess I will.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Includes:
  • Dead Money
  • Honest Hearts
  • Old World Blues
  • Lonesome Road
  • Courier's Stash
  • Gun Runners' Arsenal

Release Date:

North America: February 7, 2012
Europe: February 10, 2012

Price:

Xbox 360 & PS3: $49.99
PC: $39.99

Source: Joystiq

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Xik posted:

Price:

BETHESDA.

The entire thing for less than half what I initially paid+DLC? Just... :argh:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 7, 2011

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

CJacobs posted:

Good to hear! I was getting a bit worried. Looking forward to its return :3:

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Anyone know what the deal is with Sunset Sasparilla caps? I had 22 sitting in my inventory, drank 256 bottles and ended up with 29...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Corte posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with Sunset Sasparilla caps? I had 22 sitting in my inventory, drank 256 bottles and ended up with 29...
Do you mean the special Star caps?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Every Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle has a 5% chance of containing a star cap.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Do you mean the special Star caps?
Sorry yes, it just seems odd I'd drink 256 bottles only to receive 7, reading I guess it gives a 5% chance of getting one but how the gently caress am I suppose to get the 50 required?

Parselmouth
Feb 4, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Murder people for them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Corte posted:

Sorry yes, it just seems odd I'd drink 256 bottles only to receive 7, reading I guess it gives a 5% chance of getting one but how the gently caress am I suppose to get the 50 required?

They appear in the enviroment as well, like pretty much every unique point on the map will have one on a desk or something to pick up.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Corte posted:

Not all sunset caps have stars on them. What you're looking it is your total number of stars.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Corte posted:

Oh, you can find star caps laying around just about anywhere, especially in pre-War buildings. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Corte posted:

They're scattered throughout the wasteland in various areas, either in containers or simply lying on top of an out-of-the-way desk or something.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
If you've ever gone into a place and you're like, "What the gently caress is the point of this? There's not even anything here." it's probably because there's a star cap on a table in there.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I've played plenty and am fairly thorough, I know star caps come off certain NPCs and are found in the environment. So far in 30hrs of this run I have 22, I figured bottles would fill it out, I suppose 5% of 256 is only 12.5ish. This is a pretty annoying quest to complete, why can't it have other solutions like high science to hack Festus or something!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Xik posted:

No one has mentioned the news about the Ultimate Edition yet so I guess I will.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Includes:
  • Dead Money
  • Honest Hearts
  • Old World Blues
  • Lonesome Road
  • Courier's Stash
  • Gun Runners' Arsenal

Release Date:

North America: February 7, 2012
Europe: February 10, 2012

Price:

Source: Joystiq

Posted a while back, but not with price specifics.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Corte posted:

I've played plenty and am fairly thorough, I know star caps come off certain NPCs and are found in the environment. So far in 30hrs of this run I have 22, I figured bottles would fill it out, I suppose 5% of 256 is only 12.5ish. This is a pretty annoying quest to complete, why can't it have other solutions like high science to hack Festus or something!

It's fun and encourages exploring! Go in all these dumb abandoned empty shacks! Star caps!! They're everywhere, seriously. There's a bunch of places where there are a handful scattered around, so it's not even one at a time. I love collecting them, but I guess I'm a terrible hoarder.

Hey guys, what do you hoard? I'm a sucker for teddy bears. I bring every one I find back to one or other of my houses to live on the bed... unless they seem happy, like the ones all arranged neatly in Dala's house in Higgs Village, and the ones all lined up on the mantlepiece in one of the buildings in Honest Hearts. :3:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Everything. I installed the underwater vault house with the sorters and the display shelves so it fans the flames of my hoarding. It's just shelves of guns and ammo, or food and drink, or currency, or drugs. It arranges them on shelves and walls FOR ME! How can I resist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Corte posted:

Here's a list of locations.