Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

V!ntar posted:

Nice OP man! Maybe I can make some logos for Old World Blues and Lonesome Road if you want to.

Thanks, just make it the same porportions. I tried to find the "Downloadable Content volume xyz" pics from GIS, and I got one of OWB, but it's rather small compared to the others.

Edited out.

What I really need is banners like my Skyrim thread as mentioned above.

Something like that.

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

RBA Starblade posted:

I was thinking about the ending of LR, and I think a big part of why I liked it was because it tied into themes of the other DLC. Unless you're playing someone who WANTS to nuke everything, you have to let go of ED-E (the rear end in a top hat options around ED-E are great in how dickish they are, too, and I can't ever take them). You either accept and take responsibility for your part in the past (though a lot of the time the answer "I didn't/don't recall doing that" has Ulysses call you a child or a jerk), or you deny it. You accept the symbolism and meaning of history or you reject it and create your own.

You either get smacked down by that mutated creature with the ability to kill you in one hit or you take every drug known to man and blow everything in the Courier's Mile away with a shotgun. :clint:

Has anyone done a low-int run of Lonesome Road yet? Does it have any unique dialogue with Ulysses?

I swear, I must be the only person who plays NV and doesn't use drugs. (Outside of the basic medical stuff) Why risk addiction when you can just saw everything in half with a Thompson loaded with .45 Auto Spr? (The condition goes down as fast as the enemy's health bar!)

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Throw Cass some good armour and let the good times commence!

I walked in there and those smug loving Van Graffs were probably still thinking how it was funny that I used something as quaint as a hand gun. Probably thought they'd found a real sucker, bringing in Cass and then getting all upset they were going to kill her. Couple of dumb chumps. Every idiot knows laser and plasma poo poo is the best, it goes without saying! Energy weapons skill for life, that's the Van Graff way.

Then I pulled out a grenade machine gun.

Explosives bitches :clint:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I swear, I must be the only person who plays NV and doesn't use drugs. (Outside of the basic medical stuff) Why risk addiction when you can just saw everything in half with a Thompson loaded with .45 Auto Spr? (The condition goes down as fast as the enemy's health bar!)

I usually just stockpile drugs but the Deathclaws in LR, irradiated or not, can kill me in one hit. That's 450 health. Only a sneak attack critical from Christine's sniper rifle could do the same to them. And they travel in pairs.

That said doing that in Courier's Mile where Deathclaws and Marked Men, all irradiated, jumped me by the score and kept pouring in while I was tripping my rear end off on everything and unloading the riot shotgun into every last bastard was amazing fun. I left with my armor completely destroyed.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 26, 2011

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

RBA Starblade posted:

I usually just stockpile drugs but the Deathclaws in LR, irradiated or not, can kill me in one hit. That's 450 health. Only a sneak attack critical from Christine's sniper rifle could do the same to them. And they travel in pairs.

That said doing that in Courier's Mile where Deathclaws and Marked Men, all irradiated, jumped me by the score and kept pouring in while I was tripping my rear end off on everything and unloading the riot shotgun into every last bastard was amazing fun. I left with my armor completely destroyed.

You let them get close enough to hit you? Now THERE is your problem. :clint:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Acebuckeye13 posted:

100 guns and my anti-materiel rifle still isn't phasing them. :negative:

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

RBA Starblade posted:

Explosives forever.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Thanks, just make it the same porportions. I tried to find the "Downloadable Content volume xyz" pics from GIS, and I got one of OWB, but it's rather small compared to the others.

What I really need is banners like my Skyrim thread as mentioned above.

Something like that.

Check my edit :)

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I'm seriously having so much fun right now. I've got A Light Shining in the Darkness and it has changed my brain. I accidentally left Ed-E and Cass at the fort while doing some poo poo for House which had made the Legion hostile towards me. So I had to go back into hostile Legion territory to get my robot and my lady friend back. Donning Josh Graham's armour and .45 I thought to myself, "is this what it's going to come down to" as my careful machinations to play the sides off against each other unravelled.

I fought my way to the peak, A Light Shining in the Darkness doing just that, Legionaries were illuminated by the vengeful return of Joshua Graham's avatar in the waste. Ed-E and Cass were all right on top of the hill, blasting away when I got there. We hit Caesar's tent and my grenade launcher obliterated everything in sight thanks to the Boomers, from whom I had liberated a large number of missiles and 40mm grenades before killing their leaders and ineffectively firing a sniper rifle at their children just to make sure...

The Brotherhood, who had made me their honourary brother and their close friend, found me arrive in the very power armour they had gifted to me for my meritorious service. They bid me hello but as they raised a hand in salute they found themselves awash in high explosive fury. The zealots died in droves before I annihilated their bunker, ridding my wastes of yet another threat to the perfect harmony that was to come.

I returned to Vegas and put a .45 round into House. This is my town now.

I have set off into the hills, I believe a tribe called the Khans take refuge there.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
you can release companions to go back to the 38 if you go to the terminal built into the side of the gun runners :ssh:

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

Cityinthesea posted:

you can release companions to go back to the 38 if you go to the terminal built into the side of the gun runners :ssh:

I was telling a cool story, thanks rear end in a top hat.

Also, I did not know that terminal could do it remotely... I always wondered what the gently caress the point of that thing was.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

RBA Starblade posted:

Hand loaded .308, Christine's rifle, head shots. Add to that list "A fuckton of drugs" for Rawr, and the little freaks don't even get a chance to move at me. For added hilarity, hit them with like a .22 to get them mad, then blast them with the Flare Gun when they get close. Then kill them with a real weapon as they run in terror.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pfft, I don't let them get close enough to hit me. I let them get close enough for me to hit them, with Old Glory. And 90 in Melee. Plus Elijah's Ramblings and Super Slam. One or two whacks and they're on their back, then I swing like a madman until they don't get up again.

Unless there's two of them. And there usually is :doh:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Explosives forever.

My Annabelle hosed up those deathclaws. First rocket crippled the legs and the second blew them into air. Then I brought out Mercy for the Marked Men. The only problem with Annabelle and all the explosive perks is I kept crippling myself even when it seemed I was far enough away.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the gently caress was going on in Lonesome Road.

He sure is pissed at the wrong people over it.

Astroturf Man
Nov 2, 2006
Falsifying grassroots support since 2006!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Logan's loophole and Chemist. You're a permanently drugged up god.

TLG James posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the gently caress was going on in Lonesome Road.

He sure is pissed at the wrong people over it.

It helps if you think of him as somewhat crazy, broken and stalkerish.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I'm seriously having so much fun right now. I've got A Light Shining in the Darkness and it has changed my brain. I accidentally left Ed-E and Cass at the fort while doing some poo poo for House which had made the Legion hostile towards me. So I had to go back into hostile Legion territory to get my robot and my lady friend back. Donning Josh Graham's armour and .45 I thought to myself, "is this what it's going to come down to" as my careful machinations to play the sides off against each other unravelled.

I fought my way to the peak, A Light Shining in the Darkness doing just that, Legionaries were illuminated by the vengeful return of Joshua Graham's avatar in the waste. Ed-E and Cass were all right on top of the hill, blasting away when I got there. We hit Caesar's tent and my grenade launcher obliterated everything in sight thanks to the Boomers, from whom I had liberated a large number of missiles and 40mm grenades before killing their leaders and ineffectively firing a sniper rifle at their children just to make sure...

The Brotherhood, who had made me their honourary brother and their close friend, found me arrive in the very power armour they had gifted to me for my meritorious service. They bid me hello but as they raised a hand in salute they found themselves awash in high explosive fury. The zealots died in droves before I annihilated their bunker, ridding my wastes of yet another threat to the perfect harmony that was to come.

I returned to Vegas and put a .45 round into House. This is my town now.

I have set off into the hills, I believe a tribe called the Khans take refuge there.

By the end of the game, I was rolling in full Brotherhood Power Armor, carrying the Inversional Protonic Axe, and had basically all the perks related to melee, including the knockdown one, the stonewall one, Piercing Strike, etc. I was pretty much running up to people as they emptied a full clip into me to no effect, and then one swing would cause severed body parts to go flying everywhere. I essentially turned into a horror movie monster. This game is fantastic.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For those that like to snipe deathclaws with Christine's silenced sniper rifle, I find AP rounds to work 1000x better than normal rounds.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

StarkRavingMad posted:

By the end of the game, I was rolling in full Brotherhood Power Armor, carrying the Inversional Protonic Axe, and had basically all the perks related to melee, including the knockdown one, the stonewall one, Piercing Strike, etc. I was pretty much running up to people as they emptied a full clip into me to no effect, and then one swing would cause severed body parts to go flying everywhere. I essentially turned into a horror movie monster. This game is fantastic.

Same here. I just rolled through Old World Blues with Bitey Jim the Cannibal (Full up Melee/Unarmed with perks to match) wielding the named Proton Axe and Remnant Power Armor. I'm pretty sure that no enemy in the entire DLC took more than 4 strikes to kill, except for the big-rear end robo scorpion at the end.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've got Pushy and 95 melee + perks. Every now and then I decide I just want to be scary death God that punches things and sends them flying hundreds of yards.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dead Man Posting posted:

For those that like to snipe deathclaws with Christine's silenced sniper rifle, I find AP rounds to work 1000x better than normal rounds.

If you don't rock out your Repair skill and only use the stuff you can buy, true that. At a certain level of innate gun damage, hand load is *always* better than AP though. Depends on the particular round how much damage that is. In the case of Christine's rifle, the .308 hand load is the better option. Even if someone wanted to make a semi-retarded chimp character, if that character focuses on Guns/Energy weapons it's a cool idea to grab Repair/Science to make the stupid good ammo.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

I was telling a cool story, thanks rear end in a top hat.

This would be a magnificent title for the thread!

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I always end up rolling with energy weapons. The allure of the YCS/186 is too much for me to resist. In LR I cam across a pair of deathclaws and set up a line of 3 satchel charges between them and me. I then insta-popped the one and shot the other, who then proceeded to run right over 3 satchel charges. And for tunnelers, I pop one or two with the YCS, then switch to my modded Elijah's Advanced LAER for close combat. I really should roll a character with more points in unarmed so I can use the Super-Heated Saturnite fist though.

That psych check OWB at the auto-doc, does it let you reallocate skill points or just special?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

MonkeyFit posted:

That psych check OWB at the auto-doc, does it let you reallocate skill points or just special?

Uh. I think the psyche check only lets you change your traits, not your special stats or your skill points.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I love how Old World Blues has pretty much Rusty Venture, Arrogant Jonas Venture and whacked out Jonas Venture all screaming and being sarcastic at you.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Favourite perk of the moment, Sneering Imperialist. That art might be a new avatar at some point for me.
The Sharpe's series was used as one reference for the artist who made the perk icon (Brian Menze).

Assumethisisreal
May 21, 2007
Oh my god oh my god oh my god I want the Mad Bomber perk RIGHT NOW

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

Assumethisisreal posted:

Oh my god oh my god oh my god I want the Mad Bomber perk RIGHT NOW

lmao 2 goggles.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Doug Lombardi posted:

lmao 2 goggles.

It's actually even better when you put on the Roving Trader's hat, outfit, and goggles, and walk around with three pairs of goggles on at the same time. :2bong:

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Xik posted:

Let me tell you about how I launch FNW:

• Launch through game list
  • Immediately crashes
  • Go to it's entry -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache
  • Steam retrieves one single tiny file (It's 808 bytes every time)
  • Relaunch
  • Immediately crashes
  • Launch again
  • It either works now or if it crashes again this time I have to verify it again.

I have no idea why this happens, but when it crashes try verifying the game cache in Steam and then trying again a couple times and repeat.

If you haven't found a workaround for it yet, what I had to do was go to the Steam folder where it is installed, and set the FalloutNVLauncer.exe file to run in compatibility mode. Worked fine from then on.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Absolutely none of the solutions work. I appreciate the help guys, but this is fruitless. :(

quote:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FalloutNV.exe
Application Version: 1.4.0.525
Application Timestamp: 4e0d50ed
Fault Module Name: FalloutNV.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.4.0.525
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e0d50ed
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0067c1d2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This is the error I'm getting. Annoyingly people on the official forum have had the same problem and 'solved' it, but the irritating fucks don't post how and move on afterwards. Goddammit.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I found the bag with the Combat Armor Reinforced MK II and matching helmet, then wandered into a mine and found Pushy, and then stumbled on Jacobstown. Sold a bunch of stuff I didn't need and bought the 12.7mm submachinegun and silencer and now I'm rollin in style. Was a good day.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

rope kid posted:

The Sharpe's series was used as one reference for the artist who made the perk icon (Brian Menze).

I've got some of the old books from my old man, I expect I can find the exact pose in the cover art too.

Do any Goons do clothing mods for this game?

Alchiba
Nov 3, 2009
So if I were to buy DLCs not necessarily all at once, which one should I start with?

Or is that not a wise idea?

I played once on the ps3 and encountered a bunch of gamestopping bugs back to back, so I stopped before I went into the strip itself. Now I'm back on PC, albeit fearful of the companion-weapon-losing bugs, and at the point where I can enter. I haven't picked a faction yet, but I will be doing legion this playthrough (as I chose NCR in my failed run)

I guess I just want to do more stuff before I get close to the end of the game, with which expansion pack should I start?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Buy them in order they were released.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Boogaleeboo posted:

Hand loaded .308, Christine's rifle, head shots. Add to that list "A fuckton of drugs" for Rawr, and the little freaks don't even get a chance to move at me. For added hilarity, hit them with like a .22 to get them mad, then blast them with the Flare Gun when they get close. Then kill them with a real weapon as they run in terror.

Rawr got stuck on a rock when I found him :shobon:

Then he got stuck on some bullets.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not supposed to be able to stand up to the nastier deathclaws in the quarry at level 20, am I?

I'm getting one-shot and embarrassed trying to tango with Mother Deathclaw in Gun Runners armor and some explosives. I can't get in close enough for a snipe without attracting her ire either.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 26, 2011

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

poptart_fairy posted:

Absolutely none of the solutions work. I appreciate the help guys, but this is fruitless. :(

This is the error I'm getting. Annoyingly people on the official forum have had the same problem and 'solved' it, but the irritating fucks don't post how and move on afterwards. Goddammit.

I don't know if someone told you before, but you should uninstall Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. Then go to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Redists and install both vcredist_x89.exe and DirectX from there. Hope it helps bro :D

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It doesn't. :saddowns:

gently caress sake. Trying one more complete reinstall, going to purge goddamn everything, and then give it one final shot. If not I'm just giving up. I have defended you in other threads Obsidian, why betray your greatest champion. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Are there any 'don't miss' sidequests or areas I should hit up in an NCR - good karma playthrough? I'm at 100 Lockpicking, Speech and Science, and looking to do as many cool/fun sidequests as possible before moving the main storyline on (this is my first playthrough).

Even though I haven't finished the game yet, I already have a second playthrough character waiting in the wings (cannibal melee legion-friendly brute) waiting to cause havoc with the super sledge, but it seems like most of the companions aren't legion or evil friendly (Boone, Cass, Veronica in particular). Who (if anyone) would be worth recruiting (besides the obvious ED-E who doesn't judge my cannibalistic habits :) ).