Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roshnak posted:

For the record, the US Mint says that their gold bars weigh 400 ounces or 27.5 pounds. That's not 35 pounds, but there's basically no way that the gold bars in DM weigh 10 ounces.

It's stamped on them. They're too big to really weigh that little, but it's stamped right on them. That's why I have a problem with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
so what? Want me to make a mod which changes the texture to read 560 OZ instead of 10 OZ?

this is just like the most minor of minor things. You even acknowledge the number can't be right given the size of the bar, so I don't get why you're hung up on it still. minor texture art not matching in-game? quelle horreur.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
10 ounces of gold would be about 15 cubic centimeters

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

so what? Want me to make a mod which changes the texture to read 560 OZ instead of 10 OZ?

this is just like the most minor of minor things. You even acknowledge the number can't be right given the size of the bar, so I don't get why you're hung up on it still. minor texture art not matching in-game? quelle horreur.

Actually, I'd prefer a mod that made the bars 10 oz each. :v:

I know it's minor. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the game or using/displaying the gold bars. It's just one of those niggling details that happens to bug me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Psion can you make a mod that changes the gold bars to bricks of weed instead tyia

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Yeah, I think 10 oz of weed would be about that size.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Then there'd be an actual reason to take ALL of it out of the vault with you, because Elijah deserves not a gram of it

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Getting trapped in a vault with 40 bricks of weed is a helluva lot less punishing than getting trapped with 40 bars of gold.

What were you thinking, Sinclair??

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Does Elijah have extra dialgoue if you listen to his frequency after locking him in, but before leaving to return to the Wasteland? I know he loops his dialgoue if you listen to him back at the base game, but I saw a transcript of dialogue he apparently has asking you to come back increasingly desperatly online. It's on the second Fallout wiki (why are there two Fallout wikis anyway?).

Is that in the game or not? I'm not a huge fan of Dead Money (good story and setting, awakard gameplay mechanics), but I might have to boot it up if he does.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 23, 2014

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I never heard any of Elijah's post-DM dialogue, his radio station was bugged and every time I switched to it I just got his dialogue from when you can find it in the villa. How unusual that something in New Vegas would be buggy :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gyshall posted:

Psion can you make a mod that changes the gold bars to bricks of weed instead tyia

I'm gonna look into this for real, I'll get back to you

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Killing Benny is so depressing every time. If he was only capable of trusting literally anyone, he could've survived. House was going to make him the most powerful man on the strip, and the courier may have been willing to deal with him, but he just threw it all away. :smith: Then at the end he bequeaths his entire scheme to you, no hard feelings. :unsmith:

I still haven't bring myself to kill House on a playthrough too. I love Yes-Man, but House is almost as good.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

SlothfulCobra posted:

Killing Benny is so depressing every time. If he was only capable of trusting literally anyone, he could've survived. House was going to make him the most powerful man on the strip, and the courier may have been willing to deal with him, but he just threw it all away. :smith: Then at the end he bequeaths his entire scheme to you, no hard feelings. :unsmith:

I still haven't bring myself to kill House on a playthrough too. I love Yes-Man, but House is almost as good.

I hate yes man, I want him to die in a fiery robot hell.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Kill him. Repeatedly. It's not like he'll go anywhere.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

SlothfulCobra posted:

Can I just say that gunning down Caesar and his minions and then releasing Benny as a female Courier is unexpectedly amazing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I solved the Benny problem by disarming him then shooting him in the head with his own drat gun. Shoot ME in the goddamned head, will you?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

DeathChicken posted:

Bad robot Bad

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Maybe that's not 10 ounces, maybe it's just 10 OZ. Those bars are Australium.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

itsjustdrew posted:

Would you recommend any others that go with it / complement it well?

The Nexus page for Project Nevada also lists a bunch of supported mods with integration packs - the weapon mods stuff is all good. Generally speaking, if you've got PN running, you don't want to get any more gameplay mods (it changes and rebalances just about everything), but general bug-fixes, new quests and visual mods are all good.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'm assuming this is the correct use for pre-war money:

Seems like something's missing, though... ah, THERE we go:

My only regret is that I didn't try to haul more than six gold bars out of the Sierra Madre vault.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I'm playing through Dead Money again -- is there any way to bring up Veronica to Christine or the other way around? I know it's no guarantee that they were involved, but it seemed odd to me that you couldn't at least mention one to the other, considering their similar situations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pattonesque posted:

I'm playing through Dead Money again -- is there any way to bring up Veronica to Christine or the other way around? I know it's no guarantee that they were involved, but it seemed odd to me that you couldn't at least mention one to the other, considering their similar situations.

No. It is one of the limitations of making the main game and all the DLC esm files.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Although you can bring up how you met Elijah to Veronica, so who knows.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DeathChicken posted:

Although you can bring up how you met Elijah to Veronica, so who knows.

Yeah, that's why it always stood out that you couldn't be like "hey Veronica I think I met your ex, she's decided to stay on at the Sierra Madre as a warden for some reason if you guys wanna catch up after we murder the Legate"

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The dialogue for talking to Veronica about Elijah was in the base game all along, is the thing. It was camouflaged to look like a cut quest.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

razorrozar posted:

Actually, I'd prefer a mod that made the bars 10 oz each. :v:

I know it's minor. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the game or using/displaying the gold bars. It's just one of those niggling details that happens to bug me.

This is about 0.4 pounds off from the stamped weight, but there you go.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Simsmagic posted:

The dialogue for talking to Veronica about Elijah was in the base game all along, is the thing. It was camouflaged to look like a cut quest.

It probably was a cut quest that they just linked back in for the DLC.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im pretty sure theyve come out and said exactly the opposite.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Simsmagic posted:

God there is some gold here, holy poo poo Cook Cook's dialogue :stare:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

achillesforever6 posted:

Fallout posted:

Betsy the Brahmin is an NPC companion who never made it to completion. See unused creatures. She has two topics directed towards her both lacking responses, but because she is a cow, any replies probably would have been something along the lines of "moo".

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I kind of like it that the overworld Fiends are automatically hostile because it wouldn't make much sense for chemmed-up maniacs to not want to kill you and steal all your stuff all the time, but at the same time we do indeed have a lost opportunity for communicating with these bastards.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Speedball posted:

I kind of like it that the overworld Fiends are automatically hostile because it wouldn't make much sense for chemmed-up maniacs to not want to kill you and steal all your stuff all the time, but at the same time we do indeed have a lost opportunity for communicating with these bastards.

I wish the karma system would play more into this, or being able to offer them chems to join.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

itsjustdrew posted:

I wish the karma system would play more into this, or being able to offer them chems to join.

"Can I hang out with you guys? I brought ALL THE DRUGS."

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

razorrozar posted:

"Can I hang out with you guys? I brought ALL THE DRUGS."

And by that point, they're all hyped up on your chems and completely under your control, because you altered your chems into mind control drugs, don't ask how, but you did, and now you have an army of druggies.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

itsjustdrew posted:

And by that point, they're all hyped up on your chems and completely under your control, because you altered your chems into mind control drugs, don't ask how, but you did, and now you have an army of druggies.

Start modding, fellas.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Start modding, fellas.

I did a good thing for the internet today.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

DeathChicken posted:

Especially if you blow up all the robots in the fort. I think I'll do that again.

And nuke both sides.

Snake Plissken is my spirit animal.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Apologies if there's a specific PS3 thread, but I'm just wondering (at the end of my tether) if anyone has had any success in fixing the unbearable lag in Camp McCarran or Red Rock (the Khan place)

I've completed all of the DLC and hours and hours of content, but those 2 places specifically are a complete sideshow and it's impossible to move around, interact, and a struggle to even get the pipboy out. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game to my PS3 HD as well as shutting down the console and stuff, but not having any luck.

I've been having such fun playing, but now I have quests I can't complete and it's really frustrating :( I can't believe the Ultimate Edition has these issues, does this happen to everyone?

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
This is an issue I have with both New Vegas and Skyrim.

When I run either game with the script extender running, the game has a border along the corners as if I'm running in a window. ALT+Enter doesn't help.

Any tips on how to fix this?

EDIT: Whoops, this should have gone on in the mod thread.

prometheusbound2 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
People complain about Sunny Smiles and that one Bland White Nerd Voice Guy in New Vegas, but I'm replaying Fallout 3 right now (only because of Tale of Two Wastelands) and there's this one VA who just sounds like he doesn't even understand English. I don't mean he's a bad actor; almost everyone in FO3 is a bad actor. I mean that this guy reads every single line in a way that makes it sound like he is reading English for the very first time. This is the VA I'm thinking of and I wish I could find his more terrible lines on youtube but this really isn't worth the effort. I think there's some inherent problem in the way that Bethesda does the voice recording for their 4 voice actors because I constantly had this same feeling in Oblivion—"here's this rear end in a top hat again, time for him to pronounce some sentences like he's a really stupid robot that broke." I've realized over the years that most people don't care about voice acting nearly as much as I do, but holy gently caress it's bad in FO3 (aside from the famous people).

Given that, I'm looking forward to migrating to New Vegas. I don't know if anyone else in this thread has done TTW, but I think it's kind of fitting to migrate to the Mojave at level 25 or whatever (I'm using a 25% exp mod, otherwise I'd probably be at the level cap by now). You start NV as the total badass that a wasteland courier would probably be, but you still have a long way to go before you're at the cap. It even makes your outsized influence in NV more palatable because you're not just some level 1 courier, you've been through a lot of poo poo, and it's not surprising that you'd end up influencing world events :unsmith: