Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
right behind you

e: perfect for a new page, not changing a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

2house2fly posted:

The DLCs take it to a whole new level. That Pip-boy... maybe I'll tear it off your arm, wear it on my neck.

(Christine crouches down)

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There already is a No Bark. What are you talking about?

I think No Bark has my favorite line in any game ever: "Well, says No-bark, we got a chupacabra with an automatic weapon. And that's when they get real quiet, 'cause now they see the predicament we're in."

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

posh spaz posted:

I think No Bark has my favorite line in any game ever: "Well, says No-bark, we got a chupacabra with an automatic weapon. And that's when they get real quiet, 'cause now they see the predicament we're in."

I kept hoping I'd run into one of these during the OWB DLC, but nope. Would have been a perfect project for Dr Boreus.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I could use some help. I'm trying to do 'You'll know it when it happens' but Ranger Grant is kinda off by the Enclave bunker, and doesn't show any signs of moving to the dam. If I fast travel to him, he'll end up in Red Rock Canyon, so I'll have to fast travel again. When I catch up to him there, he'll initiate dialogue mention timing ect, then there will be a fadeout, and immediately after that quest failed.

If I try placeatme, he doesn't have anything to say. Waiting around at Hoover Dam does nothing, because he's stuck on his side of the map until I travel over that way.

Help. I've never done this quest before either.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

posh spaz posted:

"Ghosts! Commie ghosts what don't know they're dead! Hoping to steal our rockets so they can fly up and paint the moon pink and draw a Lenin face on it! I seen one of them disappear and reappear before my very eyes. Although, being a scientist, I have to admit I might've just blinked for longer then usual, what with the shock of seeing a commie ghost and so forth."

It's a bit longer than "chupacabra with an automatic weapon," but I just love the delivery of "Commie ghosts what don't know they're dead!"

Also, Fantastic gets some good lines. "They asked if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard!" and "gently caress, man, [I do] everything! I push buttons, I pull levers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean. Like, this one time, I imagined they were a code to open up a Vault full of naked ladies. How cool would that be?"

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

"Don't you laugh at me! I know a spell that will reveal your true form."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Hey, what's the air taste like?

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
The doctor who wanders around Novac, Ada Straus, has some good lines, too.

"Between you and me, I don't think she studied at an accredited institution." (her old-man bodyguard says this one)

"I think I might be addicted to something."
"Hey, pipe down! We can't talk about that out here in the open... oh! You want a cure. Oh."

"I need medical supplies."
"Yeah, and I need sterile medical supplies, but let's see what I have with me."

(when you're injured) "Okay, let me get my scalpel and... ugh, did I leave that sitting outside? Well, you know what? Free tetanus shot!"

Also, I just checked the Fallout wiki to make sure I had those quotes more-or-less correct, and

quote:

tag skills
Barter: 50
Guns: 48
Speech: 50
... she doesn't even have Medicine as a Tag skill. Of course.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 3, 2014

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Moryrie posted:

I could use some help. I'm trying to do 'You'll know it when it happens' but Ranger Grant is kinda off by the Enclave bunker, and doesn't show any signs of moving to the dam. If I fast travel to him, he'll end up in Red Rock Canyon, so I'll have to fast travel again. When I catch up to him there, he'll initiate dialogue mention timing ect, then there will be a fadeout, and immediately after that quest failed.

If I try placeatme, he doesn't have anything to say. Waiting around at Hoover Dam does nothing, because he's stuck on his side of the map until I travel over that way.

Help. I've never done this quest before either.

I've never had this problem so I can't say for sure, but usually during this quest Grant is waiting for you inside the lobby of the dam, so maybe try placing him inside there? There's a list of bugs for this quest here, although I'm not sure if I'm finding anything that matches up to your problem

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*say you don't have enough money to cure your addiction*
"Why didn't you say so? No problem. I'll give you my free cure. Here, lean in. It's a special doctor secret....stop doing chems!"

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
One of my favorite lines is when Mr. New Vegas remarks about the destroyed Securitron bunker. "Dang it, I could have used one of those..."

Also, quote discussion always reminds me of this video, in case anyone hasn't already seen it more times than they want to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWi6-BcGCQ

You eyeballin' me? :smugjones:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Wait, wait, wait a second. What's going on? Am I playing Vergil to your Dante?"

"I'd like to assume that we're tiptoeing into the mouth of hell out of academic curiosity, but I'm not so open-minded that I've lost my brains."

Arcade isn't very thrilled about being your companion if you decide to visit the Legion fort.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 3, 2014

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

<Sneaky Beeping>

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I just finished a "kill everyone" run of Dead Money. Killing Christine made me feel like a monster but her dialogue when I got to her floor was great, she was all "come and get me jackass, I'll make you WISH you were trapped in an elevator like you did to me" and went off at me about how she thought the collar actually stopped me from doing something even worse to her. It was a pretty great showdown. Anyway, I killed Dean and Dog and Elijah as well, and that somehow caused the "everyone survived" ending slide to play. New Vegas always has a new bug waiting for me whenever I play :allears:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Mierenneuker posted:

"Wait, wait, wait a second. What's going on? Am I playing Vergil to your Dante?"

"I'd like to assume that we're tiptoeing into the mouth of hell out of academic curiosity, but I'm not so open-minded that I've lost my brains."

Arcade isn't very thrilled about being your companion if you decide to visit the Legion fort.

"Yes, yes, I get it. You're very virile. Now would you please point that thing somewhere else?"

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I finally broke down and got all the DLC and started over with jsawyer mod. What's the recommended order and levels for tackling the DLC content?

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

I finally broke down and got all the DLC and started over with jsawyer mod. What's the recommended order and levels for tackling the DLC content?

Order:

Sierra Madre -> Honest Hearts -> Old World Blues -> Lonesome Road

If you want more of a challenge start the Sierra Madre around level 15. For less of a challenge start it around level 20.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'd personally put Honest Hearts before Dead Money, since the latter has way more skill checks than HH.

It might not matter that much if you run the J. Sawyer mod though, since I believe it lowers the XP gains from quests.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

HappyHelmet posted:

Order:

Sierra Madre -> Honest Hearts -> Old World Blues -> Lonesome Road

If you want more of a challenge start the Sierra Madre around level 15. For less of a challenge start it around level 20.

Alternately, do HH at around level 10 if you can get there early enough. The enemy scaling makes it much easier to tackle at low levels than high levels, and most of the gear you pick up has rather easy requirements.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Jsawyer mod evened out a lot of roughness with the DLCs for me. Last playthrough I went into OWB with a guns character and could actually use my guns for the entire run when in vanilla I'd inevitably run out of ammo and have to rely on proton axing and the sonic emitter. Brought along Paciencia and Lucky because off the relative abundance of .357 Magnum and .308 in the loot tables and because of their crit multiplier, killed everything just fine.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Stunt Rock posted:

If you want to do everything with no repercussions then I reccomend doing all dlc before you meet Mr.House. It's a minor thing though so feel free to ignore the advice.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I'd specifically suggest to ignore the advice as it would gently caress up Lonesome Road

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I don't think I've ever had a run where that aspect of lonesome road wasn't hosed up anyway.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
If you're playing New Vegas on PC there's really no reason for not having the mod that fixes that aspect* to work correctly.

* I feel like an Ace Attorney character as a I say that :v:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've only played LR once (maybe twice?) and all I really remember out of that was thinking Ulysses was kind of a hypocritical rear end in a top hat. I'm curious as to what's being referenced here. I guess slap some spoilers on it for people who care. I honestly don't remember anything in particular about that dlc...maybe I should start a new game.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
There's a good deal of dialogue - and one piece of loot - that changes depending on whether you're following the NCR, Legion, House or Wildcard paths.
The problem is that it solely uses the player's reputation to decide what faction your courier is aligned to, with not that great logic. So for example if you haven't gone out of your way to piss of the NCR, but are following the House path, LR can still decide your allegiance is NCR.

There's a mod on the nexus that changes this so it's based on your main quest progress. I wouldn't call that mod a fix though: If you're doing the DLC with that mod - before completing the main quests the mod checks, it'll default to Wildcard.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 3, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

If you're playing New Vegas on PC there's really no reason for not having the mod that fixes that aspect* to work correctly.

* I feel like an Ace Attorney character as a I say that :v:
But is there a stepladder mod?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This is probably the mod Raygereio is talking about.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Garrand posted:

I've never had this problem so I can't say for sure, but usually during this quest Grant is waiting for you inside the lobby of the dam, so maybe try placing him inside there? There's a list of bugs for this quest here, although I'm not sure if I'm finding anything that matches up to your problem

I read through them. There seems to be a couple that match up with my issue on the notes page as well, but no one seems to have any fixes. Maybe I'll just delete my saves and shelve New Vegas for a while. :/

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Moryrie posted:

I read through them. There seems to be a couple that match up with my issue on the notes page as well, but no one seems to have any fixes. Maybe I'll just delete my saves and shelve New Vegas for a while. :/

Try typing "prid 0013721f" then enter, then "moveto player", then click on him and type "disable" and then type "enable". Don't type the quotation marks though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Neat, I thought NCR allegiance was the only option for LR. Even after I ate house and both Caesar and NCR had been sending hit squads after me :v:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Anyone have any luck with vaultmp for new vegas? I got the server up and running, was able to connect locally, but my buddy got wierd ends on his end when connecting.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I always seem to get the NCR version of the duster even if I've not completed any NCR quests. Honestly I think it's the best version since it adds more carry weight, which is never a bad thing, that's like an extra gun, some ammo, and a couple meals.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So rePopulated Wasteland really adds a lot of Powder Gangers to NCRCF. Unfortunately for them attacking a courier armed with a combat shotgun through a choke-point is not a winning strategy...

Don't worry, I cleaned up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Necroskowitz posted:

So rePopulated Wasteland really adds a lot of Powder Gangers to NCRCF. Unfortunately for them attacking a courier armed with a combat shotgun through a choke-point is not a winning strategy...

Don't worry, I cleaned up.

Neat.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
I have a problem. I bought some weapon mods for some weapons and just now I tried to mod my weapons but no weapon options are showing up despite the fact I have the appropriate gun mod. Like the lighter frame for the chainsaw for example. I tried dropping the mod and picking it back up but no luck.

EDIT: This is just bizarre. I have an anti-material rifle custom bolt for this anti-material rifle sitting in my inventory but it won't let me mod it. But strangely enough it let me mod this laser rifle with this laser rifle mod I bought for example. Is it the fact that some of the mods are GRA and that they won't be compatible with non-GRA labeled weapons?

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 9, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Blackray Jack posted:

Is it the fact that some of the mods are GRA and that they won't be compatible with non-GRA labeled weapons?
Yep, that's correct. Gun Runners' Arsenal doesn't modify the existing weapons, but instead adds new versions of them which can have weapon mods applied to them. So you need to buy the weapons labelled with (GRA) to apply those mods.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Raygereio posted:

Yep, that's correct. Gun Runners' Arsenal doesn't modify the existing weapons, but instead adds new versions of them which can have weapon mods applied to them. So you need to buy the weapons labelled with (GRA) to apply those mods.

Unless you use the jsawyer mod, which replaces all weapons with their moddable versions and removes the (GRA) tag.

My courier is still carrying the laser pistol he started out with, with all the mods added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I figure this is the place to ask if anyone has the ini edits for Fallout 3 that make it run on multicore machines?