Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Well it's no problem to stay loyal to the courier when you're a frail human form that tends to get into gunfights all the time and he's an immortal machine capable of jumping between bodies. All he needs to do is give you 60-80 years of slavish loyalty and then vegas is his for all eternity/whenever he runs out of securitrons assuming he never builds a new factory.

Nothing preventing you from pulling Houses' dead skeleton out and hopping into his immortality pod. Maybe put a better lock on the door first though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

What would be the Three B's of the Post Apocalypse?

Benny
Boomers
Boone

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I've never checked- what happens if you go Wild Card but destroy the Securitron bunker?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cheston posted:

I've never checked- what happens if you go Wild Card but destroy the Securitron bunker?

There aren't enough Securitrons to keep order and New Vegas falls into bloody anarchy for a time. Also, if you get the New Vegas Uncut series, blowing the bunker up will make Victor challenge you to a gunfight.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Also Yes Man gets really upset about it, which of course he can't express because he's your loyal servant. So he tries to put a positive spin on it saying that now taking over Vegas is going to be much more "challenging"

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Blowing up the Securitron bunker is worth it just to hear the best dialogue in the game.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Arcsquad12 posted:

There aren't enough Securitrons to keep order and New Vegas falls into bloody anarchy for a time. Also, if you get the New Vegas Uncut series, blowing the bunker up will make Victor challenge you to a gunfight.

So I guess it forces you to break the hoover dam instead? Also, if you cooperate with House at first, and then go and destroy the securitrons, what happens when you go back to him? Does he get real pissed and turn on you?

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

Blowing up the Securitron bunker is worth it just to hear the best dialogue in the game.

I just listened to this entire thing. Never picked Independent but Yes-Man is the bestest buddy.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is that FO4 (The laser rifle looks like it is), and if so, what outfit is that?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuligin posted:

One of the Fallout 3 DLCs was set somewhere in the south, wasn't it? Like one of the Carolinas?

e: oh I guess it was just Maryland.

The part of MD that's set in is like the deep south in many, many ways.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuel Clemens posted:

Dave Foley is a treasure. We should thank his terrible divorce lawyer for forcing him to VA for a video game.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

khy posted:

Is that FO4 (The laser rifle looks like it is), and if so, what outfit is that?
yep, it's the field scribe outfit.
it's the only outfit in the game with a backpack and also one of the only ones that doesn't look dumb as hell

Samuel Clemens posted:

i challenge you with owb toaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3eBY4XsoWE

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

super fart shooter posted:

So I guess it forces you to break the hoover dam instead? Also, if you cooperate with House at first, and then go and destroy the securitrons, what happens when you go back to him? Does he get real pissed and turn on you?

Yeah iirc he'll attack you with securitrons if you go in the Lucky 38 again, though the ones on the Strip leave you alone.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Interview with Obsidian

quote:

When can we expect any official announcements?

Feargus Urquhart: Not to tease, but we will have news in the next two or three months. We absolutely are looking at crowdfunding one of our next titles as well, so we’ll have news on that soon. I can say it’s been fun to sit around and talk with Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout, about ideas for our next thing. I wish I could talk about it more.

quote:

:siren: Game Director of the original Fallout :siren:

Now that's an interesting thing to randomly inject into the conversation.... :pray:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

The part of MD that's set in is like the deep south in many, many ways.

Point Lookout is, the rest isn't. I used to go to Point Lookout a good bit when I was younger for the fishing around a scuttled military ship, and it's pretty much just that marshy and just... blech. Tons of hicks about.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Fintilgin posted:

Interview with Obsidian

Now that's an interesting thing to randomly inject into the conversation.... :pray:

Could Tim Cain be heading a new post-apocalyptic game?
I can only hope.

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
I've never played a Fallout game before. The setting just seems so drab with all the broken and all the gray and brown. 50's diners are the worst irl. Yet, all the hype over in the Fallout 4 thread peaked my peaking-bits, and with all the praise piling up for New Vegas, and it being less than :10bux: I decided to give it a shot. I love Bethesda games not "in spite" of their flaws, but probably more for their flaws. Every time I load into Goodsprings, Trudy's headless corpse does some weird Bethesda physics and its like a welcoming party. Its great.

I have a problem, though. Well, a couple. First off - crafting. I have no idea what I'm doing with it. I'm constantly going to weight capacity with tin cans and wonderglue and conductors and sensor parts, taking them back to goodsprings, dropping them in a box. Occasionally, I'll pull em all out, fly up to, like 150lbs, trudge over to the workbench and see that I can make nothing. I think the most I've seen is a silencer for a rifle? But I'm using energy weapons, so eff that noise. So what-the-figurative-heck? Should I just give up on crafting? Am I doing it wrong? How have you handled carrying around 200lbs of empty sasparilla bottles?

Next is modding. I found in a shop a mod for a laser pistol that makes it do more damage. Neat! So I get it, go to my pipbow, press the mod button and there are no available mods lists. So I run over to the crafting table, use it. Nothing. I open my pip boy and go to the mod menu while crafting-table-adjacent, still nothing. How do I mod?

Over all, though, I'm enjoying the game! I don't really feel like more options have opened up to me as ways to handle situations. Mostly just seems like pull out plasma pistol, vats for head shots, then run away till vats is up again. Still, its fun and the story is moving me along. I'm in the spooky broken down rocket factory and have jumped quite a few times, so I'm having fun with it.

One last thing, I have a bunch of mods installed, mostly whatever is on the top of the nexus mods thing, excluding fallout boobs and such. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I have a more weapons mod or whatever. I found a "recharging pistol", its some sort of energy weapon (I'm guessing by the lightning bolt next to it in the description with a number 50 next to the lightning bolt (meaning it takes 50 energy weapon skill?)). It's about as strong as any other weapon I've found, but its ammo keeps recharging (hence the name). It feels a bit like cheating. I'm wondering if this is likely a weapon from a mod I have installed, or is it something that can be found in vanilla? I know all modding is technically cheating, but if its not in the vanilla game, I feel dirty using it and I'll go back to my plasma pistol. Any idea?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You have a recharger pistol. It's a base game weapon that is balanced by having a low damage but high rate of fire. You will drain your recharge pretty fast fighting something strong.

The crafting in New Vegas is pretty bad in the vanilla game, I'd recommend getting Weapon Mods Expanded because it gives you a whole lot more options for crafting. Generally I don't carry that much junk on me because I can buy most of my crafting materials from Crimson Caravan or the Gun Runners once I get to the Vegas outskirts. Dump those sarsparilla bottles, you don't need them unless you have a good Survival skill and are using a campfire to make homebrewed sarsparilla. Also, if you are using Weapon Mods Expanded, download the Weapon Mod Menu as well. You will need it to easily add and remove mods.

Question: I can't remember, but was Vera Keys a Med-X addict or a Jet addict? Was Jet a prewar drug or not?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 1, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jet's from FO2 IIRC. Keyes was hooked on Med-X because she had a terminal illness

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!

Arcsquad12 posted:

You have a recharger pistol. It's a base game weapon that is balanced by having a low damage but high rate of fire. You will drain your recharge pretty fast fighting something strong.

The crafting in New Vegas is pretty bad in the vanilla game, I'd recommend getting Weapon Mods Expanded because it gives you a whole lot more options for crafting. Generally I don't carry that much junk on me because I can buy most of my crafting materials from Crimson Caravan or the Gun Runners once I get to the Vegas outskirts. Dump those sarsparilla bottles, you don't need them unless you have a good Survival skill and are using a campfire to make homebrewed sarsparilla. Also, if you are using Weapon Mods Expanded, download the Weapon Mod Menu as well. You will need it to easily add and remove mods.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
I have Weapons Mod Expanded, and I'll download the mod menu and give it a shot, thanks.
And yeah, I have like, 50? 55? in survival, not that I really know what that lets me do. I've cooked some food and seen lots of options to make all sorts of things at the campfire, but A) campfires are out of the way and annoying to get to, and B) it seems like I need all sorts of stuff for it, so I don't know what to keep or toss =(

But I guess I'm pretty early in the game, I haven't gotten to New Vegas yet, so maybe with all the supplies around it'll be easier. Hopefully I want have to pick up everything I see fearing I might need it again in the future and WHAT IF THIS IS THE LAST ONE OMG I (might) NEED IT!!!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rahtas posted:

First off - crafting. I have no idea what I'm doing with it. I'm constantly going to weight capacity with tin cans and wonderglue and conductors and sensor parts, taking them back to goodsprings, dropping them in a box. Occasionally, I'll pull em all out, fly up to, like 150lbs, trudge over to the workbench and see that I can make nothing. I think the most I've seen is a silencer for a rifle? But I'm using energy weapons, so eff that noise. So what-the-figurative-heck? Should I just give up on crafting? Am I doing it wrong? How have you handled carrying around 200lbs of empty sasparilla bottles?

In regards to crafting. There's 2 different types of crafting prevalent in the game - weapon and survival. Weapon crafting, despite its name, is primarily meant to craft better ammo for your guns, not your guns themselves (you can create some melee weapons and things for later expansions, though). If you're using energy weapons then I strongly recommend making 'optimized' ammo. It does significantly more damage per shot and reduces enemy armor effectiveness, but doesn't reduce your gun's condition as fast as the 'overcharge' or 'max charge' ammo does. Other weapon crafting stuff that's important is weapon repair kits with all the tools lying around, AP ammo if you prefer guns to energy weapons, and explosives (Mines, satchel charges, rocket/missile ammo, etc).

Optimized ammo is unlocked with the "Vigilant Recycler" perk so I strongly recommend getting it as early as possible if you're big into energy weapons.

Survival crafting, OTOH, mainly produces food and medicines (With a few pieces of armor mixed in). Survival food generally produces a long-lasting regenerative effect. Pile on multiple food bonuses and you could easily be regenerating 25-30 health per second for five minutes. Other things it's great for are limb-restoration, improving medicine (Party-Time Mentats for life), tanning leather for armor or to sell for a higher value, creating belts from hides, etc.

quote:

Next is modding. I found in a shop a mod for a laser pistol that makes it do more damage. Neat! So I get it, go to my pipbow, press the mod button and there are no available mods lists. So I run over to the crafting table, use it. Nothing. I open my pip boy and go to the mod menu while crafting-table-adjacent, still nothing. How do I mod?

The modding is a little hosed up because of Gun Runners Arsenal. The default "Laser Pistol" cannot be modded, but the "Laser Pistol (GRA)" can be. Conversely, the laser rifle can accept mods without having to be a GRA variant. Why did they need to create a specific GRA variant for the laser pistol but not the rifle? I don't know. It frustrates the hell out of me though because it means that until you've played multiple times it's hard to get a solid handle on whether or not a weapon needs to be a GRA variant to accept mods.

That said, when you do find a mod and have the appropriate weapon, go into your inventory and select the weapon. In the upper-right there'll be somethign saying "Mods (X", click that or hit X and you can click on the mod you want to add.

quote:

One last thing, I have a bunch of mods installed, mostly whatever is on the top of the nexus mods thing, excluding fallout boobs and such. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I have a more weapons mod or whatever. I found a "recharging pistol", its some sort of energy weapon (I'm guessing by the lightning bolt next to it in the description with a number 50 next to the lightning bolt (meaning it takes 50 energy weapon skill?)). It's about as strong as any other weapon I've found, but its ammo keeps recharging (hence the name). It feels a bit like cheating. I'm wondering if this is likely a weapon from a mod I have installed, or is it something that can be found in vanilla? I know all modding is technically cheating, but if its not in the vanilla game, I feel dirty using it and I'll go back to my plasma pistol. Any idea?

The recharger pistol and recharger rifle are both vanilla weapons. They do have 'infinite ammo' but they have pretty crappy damage, especially because you can't use optimized ammo with them. When you start encountering higher DT enemies you'll notice how awful they can be.

A note on DT and ammo types and poo poo :

DT works like, if you fire a 10-damage plasma pistol shot and the enemy has 8 DT then the shot only does 2 damage. It's a straight-up numeric reduction. Optimized energy weapon ammo will say "DAM x 1.25, DT - 5.00" meaning that your 10-damage plasma shot would do 12.5 damage and the enemy's DT would be reduced down to 3, so the exact same plasma pistol using optimized ammo would do 9.5 damage instead of 2.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 1, 2015

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Rahtas posted:

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
I have Weapons Mod Expanded, and I'll download the mod menu and give it a shot, thanks.
And yeah, I have like, 50? 55? in survival, not that I really know what that lets me do. I've cooked some food and seen lots of options to make all sorts of things at the campfire, but A) campfires are out of the way and annoying to get to, and B) it seems like I need all sorts of stuff for it, so I don't know what to keep or toss =(

But I guess I'm pretty early in the game, I haven't gotten to New Vegas yet, so maybe with all the supplies around it'll be easier. Hopefully I want have to pick up everything I see fearing I might need it again in the future and WHAT IF THIS IS THE LAST ONE OMG I (might) NEED IT!!!

Most of the junk doesn't become useful until you play through Old World Blues tbh. Scrap Metal is always worth having, empty bottles not so much.

The mods are weapon specific too. You won't be able to use a laser pistol mod on a recharger pistol, or a plasma pistol mod on a laser.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rahtas posted:

Well, a couple. First off - crafting. I have no idea what I'm doing with it. I'm constantly going to weight capacity with tin cans and wonderglue and conductors and sensor parts, taking them back to goodsprings, dropping them in a box. Occasionally, I'll pull em all out, fly up to, like 150lbs, trudge over to the workbench and see that I can make nothing. I think the most I've seen is a silencer for a rifle? But I'm using energy weapons, so eff that noise. So what-the-figurative-heck? Should I just give up on crafting? Am I doing it wrong? How have you handled carrying around 200lbs of empty sasparilla bottles?
First of all, all crafting recipes have a skill requirement, which you may not have met. On the right hand side of the crafting menu underneath the name of the selected recipe will be "[skill] X/Y," where X is your current skill level and Y is the required skill. If you don't have enough of the skill, it will be dull in color, whereas if you have enough it will be bright orange (if using the default menu color). Second, it sounds like you're carrying a ton of useless items. Conductors weigh 5 units and aren't used in the base game for anything (aside from ammo for an end-game weapon from one of the DLCs that requires and two very minor quests). Empty SS bottles can be used at campfires to make homemade SS with 30 Survival, a bottle, a bottle cap, a xander root, and a nevada agave fruit. But generally speaking you shouldn't be grabbing every grabbable object, because many of them are either useless or almost useless. Instead, go through the available recipes at a workbench and campfire, look at which items you want to make (even if you don't have the skill for them yet), make a list of ingredients, and stick to just picking up those. You should always grab any scrap electronics and duct tape you find, though, because those two can be a bottleneck.

A silencer would be mod-added, because there are no mod recipes I can recall from the base game.

quote:

Go into your weapons menu, select the weapon you want to attach the mod to, look on the right side of the pip-boy screen for the key that says "Mod." It's LB on an Xbox controller, don't know what it is on a keyboard.

However, most mods (including the laser pistol mods) were added by the Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC, and only work on weapons that have (GRA) after their name. If you're modding your game anyway, you should check out the GRA Integration mod that does away with the base game/GRA split.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Question: I can't remember, but was Vera Keys a Med-X addict or a Jet addict? Was Jet a prewar drug or not?

Vera was Med-X, basically the Fallout equivalent of being a morphine addict. Jet was made after the war by Myron, one of the followers from Fallout 2, from the dung of brahmin fed a pre-war protein extract that somehow made their meat act like meth.

Jet still shows up in Vaults (and once in a Fallout 4 pre-war note) just because of developer oversight.

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
Holy wow! Thanks for all the info. I now feel WAY better about the nonsense going on. Especially the crafting ammo / dt thing and that drat mod thing. I did see it said "gun runner's arsenal" on it. But I... had no idea what it was.

Looks like I'll be writing down on paper a list of things to keep an eye out for, though. Bleh. I mean, its fine. I just things like that in games are... gross. Alternatively I could just not craft, but I wanna.

Awesome, thanks for all the info, pals! Digging the game so far! Any mods y'all like that don't mess with the story or make me into a big fat cheater? Only recommended mod I've turned down so far is called something like "roleplayers alternative start". Which sounds cool, but I want my first run through to be 'legit'.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Rahtas posted:

Holy wow! Thanks for all the info. I now feel WAY better about the nonsense going on. Especially the crafting ammo / dt thing and that drat mod thing. I did see it said "gun runner's arsenal" on it. But I... had no idea what it was.

Looks like I'll be writing down on paper a list of things to keep an eye out for, though. Bleh. I mean, its fine. I just things like that in games are... gross. Alternatively I could just not craft, but I wanna.

Awesome, thanks for all the info, pals! Digging the game so far! Any mods y'all like that don't mess with the story or make me into a big fat cheater? Only recommended mod I've turned down so far is called something like "roleplayers alternative start". Which sounds cool, but I want my first run through to be 'legit'.

Honestly, you should probably do a first run of New Vegas without mods, it's a pretty well put together game on its own. If you start to notice things that are bugging you, you might consider looking for mods, but then once you're done, if you're considering a replay (which you should, the game is pretty good about recognizing different playstyles and giving you plenty of roleplay options), then you can start breaking out the mods.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rahtas posted:

Any mods y'all like that don't mess with the story or make me into a big fat cheater? Only recommended mod I've turned down so far is called something like "roleplayers alternative start". Which sounds cool, but I want my first run through to be 'legit'.
F:NV modding thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3376713

As Crappy Jack already said: You may want to wait with jumping headfirst into the modding pool. At the very least play for a couple of hours so you can get a good idea of what you'd want to add/remove/change to the game.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rahtas posted:

I assume you've gotten the bug fixes/crash fixes/stability/etc mods from the Official Modding thread.

I personally love Nevada Skies from that thread. Especially the huge, booming rolls of thunder in the desert storms.
You pretty much NEED to be using Darnified UI if you aren't already. It's just so good.

Night Vision Implant Mod
It fits the game world perfectly. Vanilla FNV has brain-chip implants and armor plating under your skin, why not ocular implants for your eyes? The night vision has customizable colors and if you use NVSE it can be hotkeyed to turn on/off instantly. The pip boy light, even modded, just isn't nearly good enough IMO.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36273

I really like having extra outfit choices for companions. There's a few small mods that tweak Cass, Veronica, etc. with more interesting (to me at least) outfits. I especially like this one, which gives Veronica a much better looking outfit than her brown hobo burlap sack robes once you recruit her. Very lore friendly at that.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35598/

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If you're dead set on using mods your first go, here is what I recommend:

FNVSE
Darn UI
User Interface Organizer
YUP - Unofficial Patch
Jsawyer
CASM (disable auto saves in game)

maybe Project Nevada (Core) if you're feeling spicy, but not needed.

This setup gets you maximum bug fixing with Josh Sawyer's balance pass, as well as some QOL stuff in CASM and the UI.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Obsidian's always been really big on taking the little micromanaging elements of the engine they're working with and adding an absurd degree of complexity. They did it with KOTOR too. You just have to just get a hang of reading the recipes you have and keep an eye out for the ingredients. Bethesda's engine is totally designed around there being lots of worthless garbage that you'll never have a use for anyways. OWB gives you ways to convert a lot of the otherwise useless items into more useful components, and all of the DLCs have their own additions to the crafting system. The wiki has an extensive list of all the recipes if you want a more comprehensive description of everything, and at the bottom of the page there's even a "shopping list" that shows you the potential uses of every item. If you're using energy weapons, you'll definitely want to hang on to fission batteries, since you can use them to recharge energy cells.

Weapon mods always felt a little weirder to me, since there aren't really item descriptions in the menu, but there's a button in the menu you can hit to slap your mods on.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

hello friends
let's appreciate some good ol' cowboy reloading

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
I only pick up junk if I have one of the crafting-related perks like Mad Bomber. Otherwise, it's not worth bothering with.

It's good to keep your inventory as clean as possible. Ironically, I think I had to do less inventory management on my F:NV hardcore 1-strength weakling character with 60 lbs of carry weight than in FO4... Convert ammo as much as possible at the reloading bench, use one or two specialized weapons at a time, and leave the rest of the inventory space for the valuable loot from off corpses. You can stash extra items in the trash can next to the Gun Runners if you don't feel like using player housing.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Possibly esoteric technical question.. has anyone tried F:NV over Steam Link? If so, are you getting bizarre top and bottom letterboxing at 1920x1080?

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Just dropping by to say that I started playing FO4 but all it did was make me reinstall New Vegas. This game is just so good that it makes me sad there is nothing else that can compete with it, even in the same franchise. The writing, the factions, the NPCs, the choices, the setting, the skills and character development...drat. I play with a very light mod load (basically jsawyer and some visual stuff) and there's still so much cool poo poo that I find every time I play. Not to mention the factions and endings make me want to replay it many times.

I know everyone knows all this already but I just wanted to gush a bit because this game really blows my mind every time I get back into it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Monopthalmus posted:

Just dropping by to say that I started playing FO4 but all it did was make me reinstall New Vegas. This game is just so good that it makes me sad there is nothing else that can compete with it, even in the same franchise. The writing, the factions, the NPCs, the choices, the setting, the skills and character development...drat. I play with a very light mod load (basically jsawyer and some visual stuff) and there's still so much cool poo poo that I find every time I play. Not to mention the factions and endings make me want to replay it many times.

I know everyone knows all this already but I just wanted to gush a bit because this game really blows my mind every time I get back into it.

In several ways I consider New Vegas to be the spiritual successor to Deus Ex. May we one day be blessed with another well crafted and highly reactive world made by people who respect the player's intelligence.

Nicodemus Dumps fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 6, 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to access the New Vegas Nexus without registering and paying money? I don't want to pay for any of this poo poo, I just wanna get unlimited companions. :smith:

Edit: Oh. Oh. It's just a suggested donation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Monopthalmus posted:

it is kinda bizarre that bethesda changed everything for the worse apart from the gunplay.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Considering that Bethesda had gently caress all to do with the writing of New Vegas, not really.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was referencing the gameplay systems (skills, how SPECIAL works, the awful dialogue change). i woulda been ok with a fallout 4 with bethesda writing if it had just played properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Skills getting dropped isn't a bad thing. Just means you don't have to bother waiting 30 levels to become the ultimate jack-of-all-trades like in 3 and NV.