Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
So where's a good place to store your poo poo? I got this yesterday and aside from my brief playthrough on the console version where I got an apartment at the dinosaur town I have no idea where any good places to store my gear would be at until I get there again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I seem to have an odd thing going on with traders. Not only are they very few and far in between but the rare few times I do manage to run into them in the Novac hotel area they don't spend any time waiting around like in Fallout 3, they just immediately turn around and begin heading towards their next stop which they will also instantly pass through without any waiting. They also don't seem to like restocking at all, one of them is still carrying no caps from when I sold them a ton of guns and has an almost empty inventory from when I bought them out. Are there any special commands that will reset and respawn all the wandering traders or some such?

EDIT: Now as I was walking a road just now I see two of them stuck and tangled together, like they can't seem to 'seperate' and seem stuck together as some kind of cluster despite being able to walk places. Ugh. Again though some kind of merchant reset would do wonders.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 16, 2014

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I have a question for people who use ED-E. Which upgrade do you choose and why? I'm looking at the wiki and both sound pretty great on paper, but I'm really wondering which one I should do. More armor is obviously good as weapons get stronger and creatures become harder hitting. But then again a weapon upgrade seems good too because I'm running into more assholes who have armor and all I have is a fire axe and a thermic lance for that end. I guess I'm just looking for recommendations. Also, are there any mods related to the wandering traders, or commands rather like to reset them or some such?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
So there's a bugged out trader who's standing outside the novac hotel forever, it's a guy with a stormchaser hat in case that's familiar to anyone.

Are there any mods or console commands that will fix or at least 'reset' the wandering traders or something?

I just finished honest hearts and am moving on to old world blues next with the other two DLC untouched still. Honest Hearts is kind of eh. I mean it's really nice for gathering ingredients and junk like that there's good opportunity to get some nice weapons but goddamn are the constant attacks of giant yao guai, giant cazadores, and green geckos spitting poison like a machine gun annoying as heck.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Ok is there a place I can grab individual files? Cause I'm on old world blues right now and trying to select that sonic emitter - revelation just causes a crash. It MIGHT be the sound file though cause I was still able to select it but it makes no sound on firing. It'll spam me with several 'THERE IS NO DISK IN THE DISK DRIVE' crap before finally stopping.

EDIT: Verifying the files didn't work.

EDIT: Ok I fixed this. And by fixed I mean realizing that as long as I never alt tab out the weapon will function perfectly fine. Otherwise it will crash if I try to use it post alt tabbing.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I have a problem. I bought some weapon mods for some weapons and just now I tried to mod my weapons but no weapon options are showing up despite the fact I have the appropriate gun mod. Like the lighter frame for the chainsaw for example. I tried dropping the mod and picking it back up but no luck.

EDIT: This is just bizarre. I have an anti-material rifle custom bolt for this anti-material rifle sitting in my inventory but it won't let me mod it. But strangely enough it let me mod this laser rifle with this laser rifle mod I bought for example. Is it the fact that some of the mods are GRA and that they won't be compatible with non-GRA labeled weapons?

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 9, 2014