Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
LR suffers from the "we gotta make this harder" syndrome with it's point blank death claw spawns and the gameplay suffers from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

Fallout 3 had Washington DC, the heart of the country, bombed to utter poo poo and nobody cared. Whatever setting they choose next will probably be the same.

They should have made it Fallout Hawaii, each island is a vault and that one little island where we put all the lepers we make all ghouls.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

2house2fly posted:

Hell no, Melee in Fallout 3 is rubbish. Maybe it gets better as you go on, but at about level 5/6 I had maxed out Melee, 9Str and a sledgehammer, and I was doing better with an assault rifle and 15 points in Small Guns. Start off with a high Agility so you can use VATS a lot, and stick your points in Small Guns for now and Energy Weapons for later.

Additional Fallout 3 tips: in character creation don't set any SPECIAL attributes to 10, because you can find items that boost each one by an extra point. For the same reason, don't take any skills over 90. I'd actually recommend not taking anything over 75 for a while at least, because a bunch of the perks boost skills by up to 15 points. That only really matters if you want to optimise a character though.

Also in FO3, VATS is not an option.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I still want to see fallout Hawaii where one of the islands was bombed.