Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hardships are like training with lead weights...
When they come off, you go flying down the road!

Grand Fromage posted:

The GRA challenges are great. I can't be the only one who already did A Slave Obeys, Nyah! See? and Talk About Owned my first playthrough, before they were actually a thing.

This has been a long and involved play through for my current character. I can't wait to finish and then do a Legion run.
I love the Bioshock reference and I want to do A Slave Obeys and kill Kimball Wilkes-style.

So far I've done NCR and am now doing a Yes-Man ending.
I want to try to avoid companions on that one but I love the story lines around them and it's always nice to have a pack mule or two.

I just spent a couple of hours fighting in The Thorn. Great way to garner XP and you get paid - and laid!
The Heated Super-Saturnite Fist with the Pyromaniac is loving awesome against Deathclaws, even at my Unarmed Level of 40 and my character is Level 39.
I one-shotted the Legendary Deathclaw! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hello, thread.

I played this a few times on my XBox but recently purchased the game on Steam. I'm replaying it for the first time in over a year and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I was poking around areas I just never got around to visiting and came across Brook's Tumbleweed Ranch and was asked if I wanted to buy a Wind Brahmin.
Like a fool, I fell for it and had to shoot the Night Kin to get my caps back.

I've enjoyed reading the debates between which faction is best that's gone on for many pages. I went into this run thinking I'd finally get around to doing House's ending but now I'm not so sure.

As an aside: Despite me distributing power to the region, there's no lights in Freeside and the inside of the Lucky 38 is dark.
Any way to correct this bug?

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I think the only thing distributing power does is increase your reputation with NCR/FOTA, some people suggested that there was cut content regarding power outages in Freeside/Mormon Fort that the FOTA had to deal with.

Thanks for explaining it. On the 360 the power lit up the Lucky 38 tower and suit. Maybe it's different on the PC. Oh well.

I just did "Return To Sender" and I love how everyone demands what you're doing there and then you say you're giving them new codes and then they thank you and politely answer questions.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Although I've done "Beyond The Beef" before, I would usually just go in and straight-up kill Mortimer. I'd then either kill the chef or lock him in the freezer.
On this play-through I discovered that you could make Phillipe quit by getting him to talk about his lovely childhood. I also lied and told him I wanted to publish a cookbook with his recipes.

Doing OWB now. I really think this is my favorite DLC because of the open-world play. The Animal Friend Perk makes that part of the game easier since you don't have to deal with Night Stalkers.
Having high Explosives with all the perks that go with it and using Thump-Thump makes short work of any other enemies. For other situations, A Light Shining in Darkness is effective.

I love all the useful crap you can find here and I've got a soft spot for Muggy and the SINK/butler.

So has anyone bothered to get Roxie? I think I'll do it this time around if only for the sweet ending between her and Rex. :unsmith:

I think next time I'm going to go for an energy weapons build with unarmed on the side. I'm currently playing a smooth-talking survivalist.

The first and only time I played Dead Money I got annoyed and reloaded an earlier save. All the comments about how it was better the second time makes me want to give it another go. I'm already looking forward to it.

This game is really funny sometimes. I love how one of the quest options is to "Make that bitch Gloria eat her hair."

And lastly: Nuka-Bombs are fun! :getin:

MissConduct fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 19, 2013

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Finished my game today. I've played New Vegas before but this time I either picked up companions I never have before or did quests in ways I've never done before or ignored things totally. Did not do Dead Money or Lonesome Road this go-around though I will next time.

My game crashed right after I secured everything for my Mr. House ending and some of my saves were corrupted so I just got pissed off and decided to kill House and go with Yes Man. I think the independent ending is the best ending even if Yes Man is a little creepy and sinister. The very first time I played this game, it was jarring to hear him gleefully telling you that he helped to get you shot. And let's not forget his new-found assertiveness at the end!

Cons:

1) Did nothing to eliminate the Powder Gangers apart from running them out of Goodsprings
2) Screwed the caravans over
3) Made The Kings hostile
4) Didn't help The Followers
5) Let the Brotherhood live
6) Did not touch Black Mountain
7) Kicked NCR out of Freeside

Pros:

1) Helped the Kahns move out of Red Rock
2) Helped The Boomers
3) Killed all the Fiends
4) Helped Jacobstown and the Nightkin
5) Shaped up the Misfits
6) Made Primm Slim the sheriff
7) Helped Joanna and her girls escape Gomorrah
8) Abolished the Legion
9) Made that bitch Gloria eat her hair

I also tossed the general off the dam for the first time. :cool:

Companions:

Did Cass's quest and made her more aggressive.

Gave Rex Rey's brain and he and Roxanne had puppies that ate everything!

Helped ED-E by having the Followers upgrade him

Helped Lily by telling her to take her medication at all times. I'm always conflicted by her ending. Is it best to let her remember little Jimmy and Becky or not? :ohdear:

DLC's:

Honest Hearts: Had Follows-Chalk head off to seek his own fortune and he was never heard from again. Choose to fight against the White Legs and kill Salt-Upon-Wounds.

OWB: Tried to get my brain to stay but with the dialogue choices I went with, I accidentally talked my brain into coming back. Killed the Think Tank after having a nice chat with Mobius. All it took was one shot with Esther!

I feel like I wound up with interesting results and will be starting my next game soon.

MissConduct fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 27, 2013