Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Cervixalot posted:

Even though I haven't finished the game yet, I already have a second playthrough character waiting in the wings (cannibal melee legion-friendly brute) waiting to cause havoc with the super sledge, but it seems like most of the companions aren't legion or evil friendly (Boone, Cass, Veronica in particular). Who (if anyone) would be worth recruiting (besides the obvious ED-E who doesn't judge my cannibalistic habits :) ).

It's worth noting that unlike other NPCs, companions won't care about cannibalism. You can chow down right in front of them and they won't do anything. Also there is a void left in that there is no Legion companion but that's because it was supposed to be Ulysses before he was cut from the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Freeside hobos messed with the wrong crew.

Dr. Abysmal fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 27, 2011

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was able to talk to Ulysses about the demise of Mr. House, am I correct in assuming that he has additional dialog if you kill Caesar as well?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Amoxicilina posted:

'Kill Benny with his own gun, Maria.'

How the hell is this even possible? I assume unique weapons cannot be pickpocketed. I've tried to pickpocket the mysterious magnum from the lonesome drifter and all he carries is .44 ammo. But if you even get near benny in the tops he'll auto talk to you as well. Does he still carry it if he escapes to the legion fort and gets captured?

I think crippling his right arm will cause him to drop the gun, or you can attack the gun itself (this method might break it so you'd have to be able to repair it to use it). I've had pretty decent success disarming people with melee attacks to the arms outside of VATS too, although he will try to recover the weapon once dropped so you'll have to be quick about grabbing it. Theoretically you could just be lame and use the console to give yourself a copy of Maria to kill him with too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CJacobs posted:

I still enjoy how Yes Man shows his displeasure in you betraying him for another faction by pointing out just how great you are for wanting to help others. What a great guy he is. :allears:

I like how he reacts to doing retarded stuff that is counterproductive to his plan, like destroying the Securitrons or supporting the Omertas plan to attack the Strip. "Yeah! Take the Strip down a notch or two, right? That'll show it! OK!"

Galewolf posted:

I am planning to give this another go as a cowboy themed character (with science, lock picks and speech tagged but :ssh:) and i wonder if there are new revolvers in the DLC? I love Ranger revolver (sequi-something?) but i can only find one through late game at the Camp Golf.

I don't think there's a new unique revolver but GRA does add a version of the regular Hunting Revolver that will accept mods.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The wiki page for the embassy says that the MP will act that way if you have Don't Tread on the Bear active, although in my case he was more interested in chasing me down and asking about Lily than threatening to kill me.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ygolonac posted:

Oooh, forgot about that Followers chick who fixed up Yes Man, running into the Lucky 38 to check on my progress in bugging the place. (Someone else had that happen, as well.)

No one's allowed inside the Lucky 38 except for you (and me). This actually startled me because I wasn't expecting somebody to appear behind me and start dialog while I was messing around in the suite.

Aside from this I've never really had very many spawning bugs with this game, everybody is usually where they're supposed to be. These stories remind me of the STALKER games where you'd follow a marker to a quest giver and discover they wandered off into an anomaly or spawned inside of a flaming barrel or something.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Noted Literally posted:

I dunno about the Legion, but I believe Motor-Runner for one carried a chainsaw.

Legion troops and their blacksmith can spawn with it but it's random. I think the only guaranteed chainsaw spawns are Motor-Runner, Bonesaw (a marked man in Lonesome Road), and inside the Legion safehouse which requires high Legion reputation.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Death by Cranes posted:

Boone and that Gladius blade. "Where you going you're a sniipeeerrrr!!..."

"Melee's not my strong suit."

*runs around slaughtering everybody with a machete*

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

lactomangulation posted:

I'm at the part in Dead Money where you need to get Dog to stay at the switching station, and he keeps complaining about being hungry. Tried giving him all kinds of crap, locking him in, etc. All dialogue options lead nowhere. I gave up and looked at a guide and it says to get a drop from some of the ghosts in the area. But I've already cleared the area out beforehand and don't have anything. Is there a way to get more of them to spawn?

You have to change him into God and ask him to do it, he will then ask you to get the meat (you can skip this with an intelligence 7 check) and it will spawn new ghosts.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm curious about this too. The first time I did LR it was on a Legion character, but I still had pretty high NCR rep (since they have most of the sidequests, and since you have to stay on their good side for awhile to complete stuff like blowing up the monorail) and as a result the ending consisted entirely of "NOW I KILL YOUR PRECIOUS BEAR NATION" and all I could say was "Okay guy, whatever?"

If you go in with only high Legion rep, is the dialogue about that? And can you still talk him down or do you have to fight him?

Yes, he does have Legion specific dialog. For example, when he compares tunnelers to the packs of feral dogs in Denver, you can point out that Denver is Legion territory and he will mention having gone there before. You can still talk him down too but just not with the [Legion] option since he won't believe you're truly behind Caesar's cause since you came from the west. You can also try to convince him to return to the Legion but that won't work either, he says he's wandered too far to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You can also use a radio to talk to Tabitha and convince her to kill all of the dumb-dumbs, which causes the nightkin to turn on the normal mutants.