Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Someone from the last thread wanted me to explain how to land the riot gear/shotgun/red glare at level 4.

Well, basically you take skilled twice, using the rebuild character DM perk glitch, have 9 int and 5 per (like most of my builds since I am an unimaginative gently caress.) tag Lockpick and pick up the locksmith's reader from Goodsprings. you'll have base 16 plus ten for skilleds, plus fifteen for the tag. Add in a total of 44 skillpoints to hit 85. "But even with the plus ten for the Reader, that's not enough!!!" you say. Well guess what, you get +2 points per PER, so get yourself a loving cowboy hat and`some Mentats to land a cool 91 base +10 for the Magazine.

But the fun part is getting there. That's where you seperate the men from the men-children with too much time on their hands :c00l::respek::spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Doug Lombardi posted:

Both of those games are total garbage though. Fallout 3 was embarrassing Fallout fanfiction and Civ V is permanently crippled by the unworkable One Unit Per Tile battle system that ruined the basic economics of earlier games and to top it off the AI still can't play the game.

:goonsay:

Seriously, we get it you have ~opinions~ but this isn't an f3 thread, I mean could you at least wait until page 2 before you poo poo up the thread.

I don't even like f3 either, but still.

EDIT: Rad, as I posted this we already hit page 2 and people are arguing about the merits of f3 again. Doug Lombardi strikes again!

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
GRA has a Katana in it.

:japan:

Edit:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Yes, two of them. Johnny Guitar and Big Iron. Enjoy!
I unironically like Big Iron. :v:

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So I'm planning a quick power-start:
- INT/LCK at 9, Skilled + Good Natured for Traits, Tag Lockpick/???/??? (leaning towards Barter & Guns)
- Cemetary snowglobe + stealth boy from school
- Sneak past deathclaw highway to McCarran
- Buy NCR clothes, get This Machine, take tram to Vegas.
- Get 4000 for 2 snowglobes
- Get INT implant
- Go to the Divide, grab Riot Gear and ED-E (can you even take him back with you to Mojave?)
* Gamble some money to repair your riot gear or somehow figure out how to get 100 lockpick at this ridiculously low level?
- Begin OWB at level 1-2 and get The Sink all pimped out (or just do the main quest, go back to mojave to begin the game and pimp out the Sink later?)

This should be easy if you can sneak up on the fuckers. I know there's a nice cluster of them near the underwater bomber in a dock/warehouse I can always come up from the water and bomb the gently caress out of. Even easier if you do OWB's first.
I posted a guide to level 4 100 lockpick on, like, the first page. I'd link it but the SA droid app is truly Awful.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Chinaman7000 posted:

What's the deal with ED-E if you never picked him up before you went to Lonesome Road? Just an intro of "woah what's this robot" then business as usual? Is there changed dialogue if you repair him in Primm afterwards? I figured they might account for that since he doesn't actually have voice acting.

Basically "hey you look useful"

I found out when I got my riot gear at 4 :smug:

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Bottomless, Lethal, Rapid, Big Boomer Red Glare.

With HE Ammo :911:

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

V!ntar posted:

Ok, so I got this:

*Riot Shotgun for close encounters
*Automatic Rifle for "spray" situations
*Oh, Baby and Pushy if I run out of ammo/want to knockdown people easily
*Medicine Stick for long range shooting
*Esther, when I want blow poo poo up

Best build, or bestest build? :smug:

Ok, so I got this:

*Gatling Laser for close encounters
*Gatling Laser for "spray" situations
*Vigilant Recycler if I run out of ammo
*Gatling Laser for long range shooting
*Gatling Laser with Meltdown, when I want blow poo poo up

Best build, or bestest build? :smuggo:

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

The Good, the Bad, and the Sleepy: Legend of the Pajama Samurai. Coming soon to a theater near you!

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Ygolonac posted:

:nms: :barf:

Yup. I actually had to do some waiting and fast-travelling between the Legion place and the BoS joint, so I could murder the last named members of each, on my last run. :black101:

For being "safe"-houses, they're in some piss-poor locations - Legion is just over the hill from a bunch of Ghouls, Brotherhood has Deathclaws wandering by, the NCR Ranger hole has Deathclaws downhill and Super Mutants uphill, and the Followers is in Cazador Country.

Don't worry, Dala sterilized it with her gentle "ooooOOOOOOooo"ing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Leal posted:

Well think of it, you can get skyrim now for 60 bucks, or wait later for its inevitable DLC ultimate edition that'll be 20 bucks for all skyrim dlc. :v:
This is literally what I'm doing.