Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Not precisely relevant to the thread, but I've been reading this book called The Drowning Girl by Caitlin Kiernan - it's excellent, but I just came across this paragraph.

Caitlin Kiernan posted:

Back home on Willow Street, Abalyn was sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of her television playing a game called Fallout: New Vegas. I only knew the name because she’d told me the night before. She was playing a character named Courier who was wandering about a post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert trying to find a lost package containing a platinum poker chip. None of it made much sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The House and Yes Man dialogue for LR depend on your Strip reputation - if it's higher than your NCR/Legion rep, the game picks what dialogue you get based on whether or not House is dead.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Fallout: New Vegas: White Supremacy

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Does Right to Bear Arms nerf the MF Hyperbreeder Alpha or am I just misremembering how kickass it was?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Moriarty was Irish, he came over on a boat when he was a child. And somehow retained his accent despite growing up in DC. I wouldn't overthink it; the writers certainly didn't.

Isn't he faking it?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What would cause Dead Money not to load? I've uninstalled and reinstalled, checked the load order, all my mods that depend on it work, but I don't get the quest and when I start a new character I don't get the Dead Money message.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Nope.

ETA: Disabled all my other mods and started a new game - still no dice.

packetmantis fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 31, 2014

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Okay, what the hell. I basically kicked the game until it worked, so... crisis averted? I guess?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
A little more investigation reveals that the Roleplay Start mod was the problem after I redownloaded the game. Once I went to Goodsprings, talked to Doc Mitchell, and walked out of his house, I hit the trigger point that gave me the quest. :confused: gamebryo

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Dean trapped Christine in the autodoc and tortured her for his own petty revenge on people who have been dead for 200 years. gently caress him.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I thought that trader was supposed to be there. Weird.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Sounds like a paper jam.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Just kill 'em all, they deserve it.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The Great War didn't actually happen in the game, so it has no bearing on the plot.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
You accidentally typed some quotation marks there.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Airfoil posted:

Here's a question... what would Bethesda have to do to get negative reviews and sell under 10 million units?

poo poo in a bag and put it on sale, maybe?

What would Bethesda have to do to make a game that people don't whine about constantly in this thread?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

The actual gameplay may be smoother in Fallout 4, but I have yet to see a game beat New Vegas in terms of enjoyment. The plot and potential options for resolution are far better, the characters are more memorable, and the world fits together much better.

Here we go again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

Remember too, that the NCR has (mostly) early 19th century transport and resources and the two minute walk from the Quary to Mojave Outpost is in 'reality' like 50+ miles of incredibly hostile and uninhabited desert wasteland.

It's more like the old Wild West and the NCR is the biggest and best organized gang trying to move into the frontier territory with a (comparative) small number of men then something like a modern state.

NCR has cars and tanks.