Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Wolfsheim posted:

Before Fallout 3 came out a guy made a thread about being excited for it and they closed the thread and banned him.

That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they were 100% right about FO3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Doug Lombardi posted:

lmao 2 goggles.

Sometimes two pairs of goggles isn't enough.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Omnicarus posted:

Wait what? I thought that Confirmed Bachelor was like a ladies' man. An alpha male like George Clooney or Benecio Del Toro that is ripped and masculine and doesn't get married because hey, plenty of fish in the sea.

Hahaha you're this guy on rope kid's formspring: http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/1792563742

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bash Ironfist posted:

I wouldn't rag on him too hard. Not a lot of younger people these days know that it used to be a code phrase for a gay man. :corsair:

Yes... this is what I think when I see an image of a dude massaging a naked dude with a heart floating above him.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Tewratomeh posted:

To supplement this, if you happen to have Dead Money be sure to find the Weapon Repair Kit code and Return Cigarette Packs/Cartons codes for the vending machines, then scavenge any and all cigarette packs and cartons you find. You can get a ton of Weapon Repair Kits that way, since apparently everybody in Pre-War times smoked like a chimney.

One of my characters, the one that found the Repair Kit code, has about 50 Weapon Repair Kits now. I could probably get more but I got tired of traveling back to the vending machine to unload cigarettes.

I hoarded like hell during Dead Money, and thanks to the vending machines I have over 150 stimpacks. I don't die anymore unless a few deathclaws eat my face.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Electric Phantasm posted:

Same thing happened to me, I reloaded an earlier save and after talking to Crocker I left the building as fast as I could and there was the MP out there, but instead of becoming aggressive he asked what did I want and just stood there, so I stealth killed him. :iiam:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_19

The story behind that vault was so cool, I was hoping it would get included in the game some day. I wish there was more of it.

Rope kid, you guys should make another DLC where you're the male character in Vault 69 :twisted:.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 29, 2011

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Jet Jaguar posted:

Vault 11 is still my favorite vault to explore. "Walk towards the light."

That vault was superbly presented. I love how that first holotape presents you with a dialog between four/five people, but the conversation doesn't make sense to you since you don't have any context. Then as you progress through the vault and find out what has been going on, you realize they were the last four/five people alive. At first, reading the computers with candidates saying "Don't vote for me! I have a family." was really odd until you figure out the story. Obsidian did such an awesome job with that one.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Having just finished Honest Hearts, I've got to say that the Survivalist's subplot was easily the best part of that DLC.

Is there any reason that Three Mary's is full of trash? I'm wondering if I'm missing something subtle, or if it as simple as the White Legs like collecting junk.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I couldn't imagine playing without hardcore mode. It doesn't make it 'harder' since satisfying those basic needs are trivial, but I can't fathom playing New Vegas with weightless and therefore infinite ammo, and stimpacks that healed instantaneously. I actually wish there was an animation time for using stimpacks or drugs so you have to make the decision during combat if you want to make yourself vulnerable for a few seconds.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

YOURFRIEND posted:

What I do when the legion assassins come up is stand still until veronica has punched all their heads off. Spending all of my caps to get it fully repaired for her was well worth the investment.

My biggest problem with all the fallout games are really the vaults? I like the concept and atmosphere and theme of them, but actually navigating them is so horrifically tedious. Every one of them is like a self-contained sewer level from another game with a neat twist that you get over soon enough because there's no landmarks or anything to help navigate.

They aren't that huge, and they are fairly linear. Toughen up cowboy.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What's up with OWB and spawn rates? Just a minute ago I paused my game (pressed escape) and when I unpaused it, two nightstalkers actually spawned right in front of me, five feet away. Is it supposed to be this much?

Also I might be missing something, but I can't seem to upgrade the sink. I've got a couple holodisks for it, but I can't do anything with them. Does the option to upgrade come later in the DLC?

Node fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 7, 2011

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Yodzilla posted:

You should have a quest to grab upgrades. Follow that and you'll eventually get to use them. As for spawns, get yer shootin' pants on because that's how OWB rolls.

Dang. Pew Pew just ain't going to cut it then. Time to carry around Esther for the outdoors and the sprtl-wood for everything else.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah that happens. Somebody majorly hosed up designing the spawns in OWB, there are way too many and it'll happily drop three lobotomites out of thin air in front of you. Fortunately the rest is awesome so we can overlook it.

This is becoming a problem and I'm running out of ammo for my energy weapons. I brought all my ammo over from the Mojave, too. The Sink vendor doesn't sell any of it, and being forced to run from a group of lobotomites with brush guns is really hurting.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Don't you have the recycling perk?

Nope. This is the first time I wish I had it. I never picked it since I completed all of Mojave, Dead Money, Honest Hearts without ever having to worry about it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
(OWB and HH) Does it ever confirm this later or are the children that eventually formed the tribals in Zion from Big MT? The survivalist logs mention the children saying "you better be nice or the principle is going to get you!" Then when you enter the testing area in x-8, Borous sounds very strict and calls himself the principle."

Node fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 8, 2011

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I don't buy low yield or tiny tots because their radii are so tiny. I know they're not supposed to be as strong as big kid or normal nukes, but their mushroom clouds are deceiving.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I think the timed nukes are my favorite because you can just shoot a nuke through a doorway, and step into another room that isn't within line of sight to clear a room out. I find it entertaining that I'm launching nukes five feet away from myself and not getting hurt.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Doug Lombardi posted:

Actually it's the other way around. The United States reverse engineered the cloaking technology in the Chinese "Black Ghost" Stealth Armor to create the Stealth Boy and Big MT's MKII Psychoanalytic Cardiac-Dampening Sneaky Stealth Suit.

Do you like me?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I got the courier's pack even though I was already max level and didn't need the items because I wanted to support Obsidian. :cheers:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Boogaleeboo posted:

There is ED-E with LR, and then there is every other companion in the game. That is the scale of effectiveness. If the fucker could make a campfire with his laser, he would literally be the only thing you'd absolutely positively want to get every single time.

He doesn't have Cass' sass or Veronica's wit though. You can beep all you want, trash can, it ain't ever going to grow you a pair of tits.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Whenever I use the Red Glare, I just think to myself "Man, a big kid mini-nuke launched from Esther would get the job done and look more awesome than that puny rocket launcher." Then I nuke whatever is attacking me.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

I'd be interested in seeing what's up with the Legion in Arizona. It'd be a pretty good setting that would provide some varied locales while still keeping with the OG Fallout Southwestern US vibe. If they threw in some areas like the Mogollon Rim you could have your lush green forest (it would look a lot like the northwest part of New Vegas where the super mutants have taken over that lodge, I forget the name of it, but larger) and you could also have plenty of open desert wasteland, plus there would be some drop-dead gorgeous scenic vistas.

I would love to see the Legion territory. I was super bummed when I realized that section of the map east of the river isn't explorable.

And for the people wanting another Fallout in [place that wasn't the United States], I wouldn't hold your breath. Fallout is all about American culture and what the 50's thought The Future would look like. If it is set in China, it's a different game. It'd be neat to visit China in a special side quest or something I suppose. Maybe you can hitch a ride there on the Boomer's plane.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Zorak posted:

Given how the quests with the Institute in FO3 worked, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the New England area for the next Fallout. Especially since civilization apparently has re-developed a ton in that area (somehow?)

That would be definitely be interesting, to see how civilization is reestablishing itself after the tribal phase is over. Still, my Fallout micropenis gets hard at the thought of exploring more nuclear wasteland, Vaults, and ruined cities.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

HitTheTargets posted:

And yes, it's crawling with hipsters. But think about it; Fallout's version of America never moved beyond the culture of the Fifties. Those aren't just any hipsters, they're BEATNIKS.

If a single beatnik survived in Portland then the earth wasn't nuked hard enough.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I want to find a death ray that's constantly frustrated by its inability to make toast without vaporizing the bread and the entire building that it's in. If only there was a robot out there with a more modest power supply that he could swap with...

Hasn't the world suffered enough?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Just finished Lonesome Road, that's all the DLCs down and only Hoover Battle to go. LR was probably my favorite DLC because of the setting and atmosphere. The story, particularly the ending, was frustrating because I didn't quite understand why the two couriers did what they did.

I know Ulysses and your character were couriers before the beginning of the game, and he knew/saw you deliver some kind of device to the Divide. You use it to detonate lots of warheads underground, sundering the earth and killing off some community that wasn't NCR or Legion. Right? Why?

From what I gathered, Ulysses' motives for attempting to nuke NCR/Legion is to start anew, because he saw you do it and realized that one person could change everything. That seems like a hollow reason - "Because you did it, I can do it too, so I'm going to do it." Did I miss something or is at simple as that?

Was it ever hinted about what the civilization in the Divide was, or why you delivered a package that destroyed it? Was it really your home?

LR made me feel like I have terrible reading comprehension problems. I still really enjoyed it. I'm going to be devastated if we never get another Obsidian Fallout game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

50 Foot Ant posted:

Christ, I was SOOOO glad that I had CC on when I did Lonesome Road.

I swear that fucker

talks

thi

sss

Apparently he's butthurt that Caesar killed his tribe and that the NCR killed the "new nation", so now both sides get to die in a nuclear loving holocaust.

Figured he spoke like this when recording messages to save time. Turns out when you talk to him in person he speaks like this too. Made me mad. In front of you, talk like normal. Will shove Old Glory up your rear end. Ornamental end first.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Vault 31 (32?) security uniform, first recon beret, modded Elijah's LAER and Esther with big kid and tiny tots nukes gets me through every situation. Really, I could drop the LAER too. All you need are mini nukes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Rawr is easy. A couple nukes to the face, or just drug yourself up and shoot his legs so he can't chase you. Simple.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

50 Foot Ant posted:

Because that's how Naked Chainsaw Psycho Bitch rolls!

I was going for the "dead woman walking" look in the character creator. I've got a mod that gives me weird eyes, so here eyes look like something off of Night of the Living Dead, her skins all greyish and her hair is bright pink.

This is my fuckoff kill everything that annoys me, run through the streets of New Vegas with a chainsaw, gently caress the plot, everyone must die, WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN! game.

Her skin was originally bluish tinted, but in OWB I used the med-doctor to change it to grey.

I had a mod that added swirling tribal tattoos to her, but then I found out that it did it to everyone, so I uninstalled the mod.

I WANNA BE SPECIAL, DAMMIT!

:ughh: You're fresh off thenexus aren't you.

Node fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 15, 2011

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

SynthOrange posted:

Get everything except the Courier's Stash. It really is that good.

Agreed. The DLCs Obsidian has done aren't the effortless cashgrabs that every other developer does. The four main DLCs are really more like microexpansions. They have a lot of effort put into them.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I've done every single marked and unmarked quest, finished every DLC, explored every location, and all that is left is Hoover Dam. I don't want to do it... that means the game will be over! :saddowns:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

boo_radley posted:

wait, hold on. This one's not... too bad.

Is that.. is that the guy from that Mexican television show in King of the Hill?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Finished the game and all the DLC. Thank you rope kid, and Obsidian. And, yes, thanks to Bethesda for letting the developer use the Fallout license. This game was a Light Shining in the Darkness of today's gaming industry.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Cowcaster posted:

As always I recommend discovering the RepConn HQ as soon as possible (the one south of Freeside, not near Novac). Once you clean that place out you'll be set on energy weapon ammo for life.

The energy weapon you find in there lasted me the first third/half of the game, too.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Syrant posted:

RING A DING DING BABY!

Maybe I remember incorrectly but wasn't Honest Hearts supposed to add .45's into the games leveled lists and not just exist in the DLC? I haven't seen a single one in my new playthrough. I thought rope kid said that they added the ammo/weapons to the wasteland.

I think they appear in the Mojave after you visit/complete Honest Hearts.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

SynthOrange posted:

Kind of odd how he wants you to bug a scorched, corpse-filled crater, but there you go.

He wanted you to do that so they have access to all the equipment up there, didn't he?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Kharmakazy posted:

I never got the safehouses... It's a loving shack in the middle of nowhere. I could never think of any reason to use them.

The only good thing about any of the safehouses are the Lucky Shades.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bash Ironfist posted:

:catstare: What energy weapon? I've usually taken WW, but if this is true gently caress that.

The YCS-186, named after a forum that was too glorious for the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

SeanBeansShako posted:

So yeah, does anyone really wish they got a better VA for General Oliver?

Yeah no kidding. I was expecting some guy with a grey mustache and a voice similar to R. Lee Ermey.