Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Astroturf Man posted:

This and the Sierra Madre Vending Machine Infinite Money Device
What's your tactic for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Wow, coming out of Old World Blues back to the Mojave makes me appreciate the enemies there so much more. Walk into an ambush? 5 unanswered shots later your enemies are lying dead around you and you're calmly reloading and wondering what to do with all your extra bullets.
Seriously, though. Max level with all the best equipment in Big MT and you're still borked. Makes me wonder if the enemies there level with the player.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I'm glad I had Wild Wasteland for my first run just so I could see them all, they're certainly not worth the loss of another possible trait though and I wouldn't bother taking the trait again.

Though I did get a laugh out of the poker game in OWB.
There's a Futurama one in the next DLC that you'll dig. It's the funky mineral that won't cop out when there's heat all about.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Did anybody else notice that Lonesome Road was a Half-Life game?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have seen everything there is to see in New Vegas and all its DLCs except for Gun Runners, so I'm playing through Fallout 3 again. I installed the Fellout mod to take away that loving awful Matrix green tint the whole game had and I have to say, that alone is making me enjoy the game much more than I did the first time around.

New Vegas, though, is unparalleled. I'll have to wait a few years to really be sure but it might be my favorite game of all time. It's already trumped Fallout 2 as my favorite Fallout Game.

I really hope Obsidian gets another shot at Fallout.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I just finished Lonesome Road,
Did you find the Futurama Wild Wasteland encounter?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm so freakin' bummed the game is real-and-for-serious over now. I've seen just about everything.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

The safehouses own, because the majority of them are one fast travel and then a loading screen away, whereas the Lucky 38 takes forever in that you have to fast travel to Freeside's Strip entrance, enter the Strip, enter the Lucky 38, then take the elevator to your suite. That, and most of them have neat little touches. I like the shelves they have to display stuff :3:
This is exactly why I only use the 38 for storing NPCs now. There are way too many steps between me and my base and since I'm a giant fake videogame thing hoarder who saves everything, I need to be no more than three steps away from a gun cabinet and a bed.

Novac hotel room has been my home since my second playthrough.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I had 100 science and never found a way to hack out.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

After finishing my fourth playthrough and all the DLC, seeing everything there is to see in the game and finishing every quest, I played through the entirety of Fallout 3. So what do I do now? Well, gently caress it. I'm starting New Vegas again and I'm going to be cheap as all poo poo. First thing I did was beeline it to Freeside. I'm at level 4 and I have awesome armor, Veronica, Ed-E and a Recharger Rifle. Gonna' break the poo poo out of this game.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Corte posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with Sunset Sasparilla caps? I had 22 sitting in my inventory, drank 256 bottles and ended up with 29...
Not all sunset caps have stars on them. What you're looking it is your total number of stars.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Corte posted:

I've played plenty and am fairly thorough, I know star caps come off certain NPCs and are found in the environment. So far in 30hrs of this run I have 22, I figured bottles would fill it out, I suppose 5% of 256 is only 12.5ish. This is a pretty annoying quest to complete, why can't it have other solutions like high science to hack Festus or something!
Because then you wouldn't learn anything like we all had to as kids with the loving tootsie roll stars.

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

Oh man, anything that auto-sorts my obsessed collection of weapons/armor etc is the best. Why oh why don't these games give you dummies to put armor onto? I would love to have one of each armor type for all of the factions to catalog my kills.
Holy poo poo I have to pick this up when I get out of the Sierra Madre.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Last week you folks were talking about some rapist in North Vegas. This may be the only quest I haven't ever encountered. Can somebody rock some details my way?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think you get less money if you broke the bank.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's not what the president says at the oil rig.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Leinadi posted:

I'm kinda with Avellone in the sense that I think Fallout needs to be "reset" a bit (and not in the manner of Fallout 3 which simply didn't make any sense whatsoever) to make it more post-apocalyptic again.
I hope this happens by moving the setting and not undoing all of the progress made by the player in Fallouts 1, 2, and Vegas. We still don't know anything about the areas north of Arroyo or East of Modoc. Washinton and Montana are still available as are the southeast and the southern states proper.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The Mr. House solution seems like the most ideal one all things considered, even though it wouldn't be effective beyond a 3 mile radius around New Vegas.
This is what I don't get. The independent ending is exactly the same except you're in charge instead of House. Why would anybody pick playing second banana to a megalomaniac instead of taking over themselves?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

gohuskies posted:

It's about not having an ego and recognizing that for the good of the people, House is probably better at running a city-state than the Courier. If you need some Fiends killed, the Courier's on it, but House has been doing this for a while and would frankly probably do a better job, and you can have the humility to acknowledge that.
House kills the King. gently caress House.

Node posted:

rope kid and team, make another Fallout game please thank you.
I thought I'd grown out of videogames for the most part until New Vegas came out, so yeah. Do that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Revolver Bunker posted:

Does he get energy weapons? I've only ever seen ballistic weapons.
I've never seen him sell an energy weapon and I kill the Van Graffs every playthrough. They suck, sure, but I mostly do it because of the voice actor. Suck it, First Citizen.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I need some help. I've started my fifth playthrough and for some reason all of NCR began the game completely hostile to me. I think somebody else had this problem awhile ago. The only thing I could think of that may have caused it is I killed a bunch of legion guys sequence breaking and accidentally put one of their armors on for a second. It seems like the reputation change stuck. No console commands I know are working for me and even with an NCR armor on they still hate me. I've changed my reputation to accepted and worn NCR armor and they're still all hostile.

Buggy-rear end game. Good thing it's so loving awesome.

Edit: Just to be clear, my Pip-boy registers me as being accepted since I used the setreputation cheat, so it's not that.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 9, 2011

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have Boone, Willow and J.T. (popular mod) with me.

Weirdly, Boone keeps killing the NCR guys forcing me to reload and run before I take another rep hit.

Edit: My wife's out of town, I just finished finals, Community's almost over and I wanted to drink a lot of whiskey and play New Vegas. :(

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 9, 2011

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Willie Tomg posted:

If only there was some kind of emitter. Say of sonic waves. With plentiful ammo in OWB that could take down those enemies in a few shots.

Alas, such is ours to dream.
If you go into OWB at level 40 then the Sonic Emitter is loving useless.

In fact, while I have everybody's attention I'd just like to remind everybody that all of the DLC enemies level with the player far more than the main game enemies do. Ghosts are loving tough if you're level 30.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Leinadi posted:

The final choice of the Lonesome Road can affect the Mojave (possibly opening up a new area or two and it will affect your reputation with factions) but there is nothing there that will end the game.
What will open up new areas?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rope kid posted:

I think the price was set on that very early (Novac was the first area we built) and may have even been in a line of VO. In any case, it never changed, even after the currency scale was inflated.
It's bought back somewhat in the writing, as she says if anybody else shows up you'll have to pay more or give up the room, I think.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

Or maybe the Courier didn't want to tell Veronica that her beloved had been turned into a mute, mind-controlled freak who, after being saved, decides the Sierra Madre is a good place to stay.
Shouldn't that be my call since I'm the courier?

Anyway, I just noticed something when launching from Steam. How in the CRAP did Fallout 3 get such a better metascore than New Vegas when it's an inferior game in literally every way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'know, cash registers with pre-war money were all well and good, but pre-war registers full of bottlecaps always strained believably until today when next to our seat at a BBQ restaurant, my wife mashed a button on an old antique cash register and this happened:

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 1, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That still blows my mind. Yes Man sounds nothing like Dave Foley.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Having an actual dev here who knows the entire backstory of a world I've spent over 377 hours in is incredibly badass. Cheers, Ropekid.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, I really don't understand why people bother arguing about who'd gently caress things up worse between House, NCR and the Legion when they can just take over themselves and not gently caress everything up.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OldMemes posted:

And he programmed Mr. New Vegas, so he's a pretty chill guy, I guess.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. what?! Mr. New Vegas isn't a dude? Where is this mentioned in-game?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Stroth posted:

He's an AI.
Is this said in the game anywhere? (If you've posted a video or something, I apologize. I'm using Opera Mini and it doesn't load those things.)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Just found out the wife's taking me to Vegas for my 30th birthday. We go every year, but we almost never leave the hotels since we generally go in August. I want to visit some New Vegas locations. Goodsprings is obvious as it's only 40 minutes away, but that does mean we'll have to rent a car. Are there any other suggestions? Obviously I've already been to the airport.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

35.5 hrs last two weeks / 467.8 hrs on record

Uh... I might have a problem.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God loving dammit, it's bad enough that Ulysses thinks that I'm with the NCR even though I've done every Yes Man quest, but I get stuck with the NCR Courier's Duster? How in the hell am I supposed to get the Vault 21 duster? Do I have to kill NCR guys or something?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thanks a lot. I'll see if that works.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sounds like your brain's an idiot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Rage posted:

Someone a few pages back mentioned a mod to improve Fallout 1 and 2 playability on Windows 7, but for the life of me I can't find the post about it. Anyone know off hand how to make these games run better? The graphics on mine are abysmal, even in compatibility mode.
No mod is ever going to change the graphics in that way. They're sprites. They can't be updated with new textures or anything like that to make them prettier.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OldMemes posted:

That's another reason why I consider the House ending to be the best, he ends up selling the NCR water at a reasonable price, and curbs thier destructive campaign of expanding regardless of cost.
So who's to say I didn't do that to? The Yes Man ending doesn't preclude it. You can do whatever the hell you want as ruler of the Mojave.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OldMemes posted:

You know how the Legion is going to tear itself apart without Ceasar> Courier run Vegas will do the same, except the Legion see eye to eye, and aren't loads of different, violent, armed gangs. An independant Vegas is simply not sustainable. Does Arcade think that everyone is going to hold hands and sing campsongs without Mr. House? Even Freeside, which is right outside where he lives, is a lawless slum, and that's fairly a independant settlement.

Independant New Vegas will tear itself apart, especially if the Legion hit again.
Maybe that's what would happen under your watch, but not mine. I have an army that can hold the region pretty much literally forever and will never have the will to mutiny, the only air bomber support that exists on the planet, I have the technology for sustainable living I've acquired through my travels, I have nearly unlimited wealth, I control the water, and I'll pick successors who don't suck. The awesome part about the Yes Man ending is that it's really whatever you want it to be. You think you couldn't hold Vegas, so it's a bad ending. I think I could, given all of my other choices as Courier, so it's the best ending.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah. Considering the fact that the Courier has access to anything NCR, The Brotherhood, The Followers, and The Legion can muster plus everything from the Sierra Madre, Big Mountain, and Lonesome Road, we're talking about the most powerful individual on the planet. More than the Vault Dweller, more than the Chosen One, more than The Lone Wanderer (stupid loving name since they're all lone wanderers), and more than any leader of any faction.

The Courier, at his/her zenith, could destroy the planet if he/she wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The DLCs are a lot less fun when your character is at a reasonable level. Dead Money in particular is almost impossible if you have no Unarmed or Melee skill even at level 40.

Jump right in. Go nuts.