Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Someone in one of the other Fallout threads asked if it was possible to kill Ulysses before he raises the missile and turns around near the end of Lonesome Road.

I can confirm that it's possible, but I had to jack up the critical chance as high as I could and used stealth. I used Christine's sniper rifle, marked Beast face helmet, and True Police Stories magazine, which all increases critical chance levels. I also used hollow point .308, a stealth boy, one shot of Steady, and some drugs to increase strength.

Crouch down, stay hidden, and walk to the middle of the walkway. 2 to 3 shots in VATS, and he's down before he starts up his helper ED-Es.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lazaruise posted:

Does this actually affect anything? Or does the game continue like normal afterwards?

Some of it continues like normal. After Ulysses dies, if you time it right, the helper ED-Es won't show up. After that, the invasion of the marked men will happen like usual, followed by redirecting the nukes or stopping the launch.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schlegel Mach posted:

Lonesome Road spoilers: I wonder if he says anything about meeting Graham. He's really quite a pleasant stalker once you get to know him. :3:

He does. He basically says he's seen him, but did nothing, and to leave him be if you find him.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fallout New Vegas is a Flash Deal on Steam right now until 10am PDT:

main game $4.99
Ultimate Edition $9.99
GRA and Courier's Stash $0.49 each
all other DLC $2.49 each
IT'S OVER

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 17, 2012

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Gamestop is selling the download version of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $10.19. This requires the Gamestop App, yet still needs Steam to activate. :confused:

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
All Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas items are on sale again on Steam. This time it will last until 10pm PDT Friday.

Fallout New Vegas $4.99, Ultimate Edition $9.99
GRA $0.99, Courier's Stash $0.49
all other DLC $2.49 each

Fallout 3 $4.99, GOTY edition $4.99
all FO3 DLC $1.24 each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are discounted for the 3rd and probably final time in the Steam Summer Sale. Discount goes away at 10am PDT. Same prices as before:

Fallout: New Vegas $4.99, Ultimate Edition $9.99
Gun Runners' Arsenal $.99, Courier's Stash $.49, all other DLC $2.49 each

Fallout 3 $4.99, GOTY Edition $4.99
All DLC $1.24 each