Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
Somehow (don't ask, I have no goddamn idea how or why this happened) my left-click in FNV has gotten rebound to "walk forward" so it performs the same function as the W key. But I can't rebind left-click to fire in settings in-game because it doesn't seem as if it ever should have been rebindable to begin with. Is there a console command or something I can do to fix this?

Nevermind, I'm a loving dimwit who missed the "device" option when rebinding. Sorry, and thanks anyway.

Smudgie Buggler fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

I've got spuuuuurs that jingle

jangle

jingle

JINGLE

JANGLE

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Ddraig posted:

I wouldn't call the Legion evil. Caesar is a very, very smart man that decided that the current faction's ways of doing things weren't really productive to the rebuilding of society. As well-intentioned as the Followers are, they very rarely actually get anything done. The Legion may crack a few eggs, but if you want to make an omelette that's what you need to do.

Take that one dude in Helios One. He knows there's a huge secret about it, and he has the means and the ability to find out what it is, but he doesn't do anything because he's just a passive observer.

e: As an aside, I love how having high luck completely breaks the blackjack games.

Queen and a 10? Double down on that motherfucker :smug:
I think if we're going to define evil meaningfully, we have to include an organisation that enslaves people, excludes women from their ranks for no good reason, and literally massacres a town for being a little bit lewd, sons and daughters murdered in front of father and mothers, with the only reprieve from crucifixion or immolation being a lottery.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

To be fair, the mayor was double-crossing factions left and right. It wasn't just because prostitution = bad, and the point behind massacring the town was that it was overly horrific. It was intended to send a strong message to the NCR of "we're loving coming for you, get ready."
Okay, so inflicting retribution (however righteous) on a leader by massacring the people he leads isn't evil? Brutally murdering people to send a message to a government (however corrupt) isn't evil?

Seriously, stop trying to justify the Legion's actions. I have a megalomaniacal psychopathic character who was basically Caesar's pit-bull until it came time to play her own cards and take over the strip and turn it into a giant lab for human experimentation with the Protectrons as her loyal servants. But I still recognise that, if we can even talk about evil as a thing (which I don't think we can in seriousness, but let's just say), Caesar's Legion is it.

Smudgie Buggler fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 1, 2011

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Assumethisisreal posted:

I'm with Ddraig on this one. The entirety of the Legion forces you interact with in the game are the guys who have been sitting on the other side of the river for five years since the first battle for Hoover Dam. They've been essentially training under the most brutal conditions and likely under intense psychological conditioning since then for the sole purpose of loving up the NCR. They're bound to be a little...unhinged.

For all we know Ceasar's territory in Arizona really is a glorious new Rome. Sure Rome had slaves and some awfully misogynistic ideas and some brutal laws, but they were also the most successful, cultured and advanced civilization in the region, at that time period, by a large margin. Whos to say that the Legion wouldn't be the same thing given some time?

Of course, out of the entirety of the Legion you interact with, only Vulpes and Ceasar and maybe Lucius seem to have the intelligence to be anything but thugs. Of the other Legion leaders we see, Aurelius of Pheonix and Dead Sea just comes off as soldiers really gung-ho about killing people, and Lanius is a Hulk sized Hannibal Lector. Maybe Ceasar is just really, really confident in his ability to survive his cancer until he wipes out NCR, or he's already set up a successor(s) wherever the Legion's "capital" is.

Edit: I keep rereading what i typed, convinced that somehow I've forgotten my Fallout cannon and I'm totally off base on my assumption.
I wasn't really talking about the foot-soldiers. I wouldn't consider the average Wehrmacht soldier or SS guy evil, but the Commandant at Auschwitz and other assorted leaders of Nazi activities I would. I was really talking about Caesar, Vulpes, the Legate etc.

turboraton posted:

Fiends are evil, Caesar is a deluded tyrant.
No, fiends are drug-addled hobos. I don't have much but pity for fiends. Maybe Motor Runner is worthy of vilification, but most fiends are just ostracized, uneducated and hosed up on nasty chems. Caesar and the officers in his Legion have purposeful, organised, systematic cruelty and oppression. And we don't know that Caesar is deluded. He might just be playing a character that he thinks works for his ends. But he is definitely a merciless, sadistic megalomaniac. If you can't call that evil then I don't know what you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

But Bakunin said Mankind need not be governed.