Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Waterhaul posted:

Well it was bound to happen sooner rather than later given the constant art changes.

source

That letter is so loving classy I just blacked out from class overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

d00gZ posted:

That letter is so loving classy I just blacked out from class overload.

No kidding; I don't think anybody has ever said "I quit" so well before. Totally non-negative. I'd suggest he deserves a raise, but that wouldn't make sense.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah from everything Rivera has done he's always been complete class and I can't wait to see what he gets to do when he spreads out to creator owned books.

In regards to DD Chris Samnee has said he's continuing on as the sole artist on the book. Don't really know for how long and if he'll truly be the sole artist given how many have gone through the book.

source

Also this Rivera cover for 15 is too great not to post.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Aaaargh what the hell did Foggy see in Matt's drawer?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Nude pictures of all the chicks he banged.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bobkatt013 posted:

Nude pictures of all the chicks he banged.

And they were so poorly framed it hurt Foggy's eyes and sense of taste. He's secretly blogging about it being a "holocaust of the photographic medium".

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
They just announced they're finally coming out with the miniseries Daredevil: End of Days, by Bendis/Mack/Sienkiewicz: very spoilery news link.

Two things in the conference have stood out to me so far. One, that they said it was going to be like Citizen Kane for Daredevil. Two, the following: "Bendis says he and Mack were particularly influenced by Children of Men and Brazil." I don't know how that applies but I'm pretty stoked for this.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

What in the world are Children of Men and Brazil?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

notthegoatseguy posted:

https://www.imdb.com

Also what the gently caress, how have you never heard of either movie?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Hahaha, what the hell?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
They're both exceptional movies that you should see.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Not much of a movie person, so I'll take your word for it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They just announced they're finally coming out with the miniseries Daredevil: End of Days, by Bendis/Mack/Sienkiewicz: very spoilery news link.

Two things in the conference have stood out to me so far. One, that they said it was going to be like Citizen Kane for Daredevil. Two, the following: "Bendis says he and Mack were particularly influenced by Children of Men and Brazil." I don't know how that applies but I'm pretty stoked for this.

So in Joe Quesada version love conquers all?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I know it says October but I refuse to believe this will be released until I have then entire series in my hands :colbert: .

Jokes aside I really hope this is great. I know i'd buy it just for the Sienkiewicz art but even then the Bendis' run on Daredevil is probably my favourite run on any book so I'm really hoping he can bring his A game.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Book needs more Maleev :colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sienkiewicz?! :swoon:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Happy Hippo posted:

Book needs more Maleev :colbert:

I think it's going to be pretty interesting to see what Maleevs covers end up looking like for the series. His art style has changed a good bit and that cover they showed off for #1 is promo stuff he did in '09.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Multi posting.

This issue straight up sold me on Samnee being the full time artist now that Rivera has left. Not that he isn't a good artist in his own right but this issue was all around great and he actually did multiple different styles with Matts radar sense without ever resorting to just copying the style Rivera used in issue #01.

I also like to think that every room in Latveria just has a giant portrait of Doom looking angry with crossed arms.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Multi posting.

This issue straight up sold me on Samnee being the full time artist now that Rivera has left. Not that he isn't a good artist in his own right but this issue was all around great and he actually did multiple different styles with Matts radar sense without ever resorting to just copying the style Rivera used in issue #01.

I also like to think that every room in Latveria just has a giant portrait of Doom looking angry with crossed arms.

There has to be one portrait of him over a defeated Richards. :doom: Also one of his mother.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Well we found out what it was in this issue :stare:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
No kidding. Well, I'm pretty confident Matt didn't do it, but who? Mole Man?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

No kidding. Well, I'm pretty confident Matt didn't do it, but who? Mole Man?

I dunno, maybe Matt really is having mental problems. (Which would be a crying shame, because I think "happy Matt" is one of the best things in comics lately.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What if Foggy did it?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Lurdiak posted:

What if Foggy did it?

I would denounce Mark Waid publicly, on a busy street corner.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

prefect posted:

I dunno, maybe Matt really is having mental problems. (Which would be a crying shame, because I think "happy Matt" is one of the best things in comics lately.)

Didn't Waid say that his being happy is just denial and that everything that did happen would come back?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't Waid say that his being happy is just denial and that everything that did happen would come back?

I know Foggy said that; I don't remember if Waid said it.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes. That was the entire pitch of the reboot, that Matt would just try and pretend/force things to be all okay when they really wouldn't, himself included.

It'd be interesting for this reveal to go down a Born Again route where a villain tries to break down Matt only this time everyone else just thinks Matt is delusional.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

So...I don't really get what it is that is so similar between Pym and Matt. Pym is a science/tech based hero who mostly utilizes gadgets he creates and shrinking or growing himself or other objects. Matt's powers are in his physical combat training as well as his enhanced senses. I guess they tried to make a connection that they've both lost love interests, but Matt has been losing love interests for decades while Pym has only lost Jan a couple of years ago.

Still loved the issue, and I really like it when Pym, Strange, and Tony get together to be scientific adventurers.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

notthegoatseguy posted:

So...I don't really get what it is that is so similar between Pym and Matt. Pym is a science/tech based hero who mostly utilizes gadgets he creates and shrinking or growing himself or other objects. Matt's powers are in his physical combat training as well as his enhanced senses. I guess they tried to make a connection that they've both lost love interests, but Matt has been losing love interests for decades while Pym has only lost Jan a couple of years ago.
Pym's first wife got killed in an early pre-Wasp issue of Tales to Astonish. He also "lost" Jan several times prior to her getting killed in Secret Invasion.

Plus Pym and Murdock have something in common in that out of all of the Marvel Heroes, the two of them have had the most troubled careers in terms of having their reputations ruined through a combination of manipulation and their own dumb decisions.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Both have become villains and murderers due to mental problems.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
When did either of them kill people? Daredevil's whole Shadowland thing was retconned into DEMONIC POSSESSION.

Hank Pym... I thought he accidentally killed Egghead, but turns out that was Hawkeye. Who has Pym killed (beyond secondhand Ultron guilt)?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Edge & Christian posted:

When did either of them kill people? Daredevil's whole Shadowland thing was retconned into DEMONIC POSSESSION.

No no, killing Bullseye was his own decision. It's the stupid crap that followed that was demonic possession.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was mostly referring to Ultron with Pym, and Lurdiak beat me to Bullseye.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Edge & Christian posted:

Hank Pym... I thought he accidentally killed Egghead, but turns out that was Hawkeye. Who has Pym killed (beyond secondhand Ultron guilt)?

I'm not sure about killing, but Pym built robots to attack the Avengers so that he could defeat them and look like a big hero. (This was in the Yellowjacket days.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

prefect posted:

I'm not sure about killing, but Pym built robots to attack the Avengers so that he could defeat them and look like a big hero. (This was in the Yellowjacket days.)

Pym blames himself for everything that Ultron does since they share brain waves.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 4, 2012

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

In an effort to prove that End of Days actually exists Bendis has posted some art.

Sienkiewicz :allears:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Waterhaul posted:

In an effort to prove that End of Days actually exists Bendis has posted some art.

Sienkiewicz :allears:

Holy kafucko.

Sure wish I could see these things but Bendis blocked half of the comics press on Twitter for no discernible reason!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
You really got me down this morning with the thread title change. :(

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Finally, a superhero I can relate to!

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

It's alright, even though he doesn't have any friends he can always fall back on his girlfriend or wife :v:

• Locked thread