Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
artism
Nov 22, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

The 100% guaranteed way to kill any and all Titanite Demons, except that one rear end in a top hat in Lost Izalith.

Get the Longbow from Darkroot Basin and pump that poo poo up to +7 or 8, and then buy a ton of Large Arrows. You can plink the demons to death with impunity after that. That seems to be the intended way to do it, even, since quite a few of them are in areas strewn with rubble that blocks their lightning blasts but not your arrows.

They're horrible to fight in melee, though, so don't blame yourself for getting smoked by them.

If you have patience I think the intended way to fight them in melee is actually to bait lightning, roll dodge forward to avoid getting hit by it, get a swing in and roll back out. That's how I have dealt with every single one since the very first one near Andre and while it takes awhile it's rewarding I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

NG+ is hard. Took me literally one hour to get past those loving archers in Anor Londo. Those gargoyles got pretty beastly, too. I summoned a guy who helped me from the bonfire after the archers through the rest of Anor Londo, helping kill two invaders, and probably S+O but I decided to visit the blacksmith by way of the hole in the wall for some reason. Dropped onto the gargoyle platform, took fall damage, got one-shot by the loving thing while I was still recovering. It was so embarrassing.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could get people's opinion on poise. I had to trade down in the leggings department to free up carry weight for the dragon greatsword, and haven't noticed much difference between 55 and the 75 I had before (except my most recent death, which is why I'm asking about it now). What's your favorite amount of poise and why? Notice diminishing returns? Anecdotes encouraged.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I'm nearing the end of the game, is there anything I should do in my first playthrough before I finish if I'm intending to get a platinum trophy?

PS gently caress the Bed of Chaos.

And if I don't request absolution this playthrough will I have to the next playthrough or is it reset?

ArtIsResistance fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 6, 2012

Frogmarched
Jul 11, 2011

Gaggins posted:

NG+ is hard. Took me literally one hour to get past those loving archers in Anor Londo. Those gargoyles got pretty beastly, too. I summoned a guy who helped me from the bonfire after the archers through the rest of Anor Londo, helping kill two invaders, and probably S+O but I decided to visit the blacksmith by way of the hole in the wall for some reason. Dropped onto the gargoyle platform, took fall damage, got one-shot by the loving thing while I was still recovering. It was so embarrassing.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could get people's opinion on poise. I had to trade down in the leggings department to free up carry weight for the dragon greatsword, and haven't noticed much difference between 55 and the 75 I had before (except my most recent death, which is why I'm asking about it now). What's your favorite amount of poise and why? Notice diminishing returns? Anecdotes encouraged.

Here's a post I stole from GFAQS:

1) Poise is a meter as suspected. Identical to a status build-up meter, but it regenerates much faster... it's actually much more like your stamina while blocking, except it refills pretty quick. Increasing your Poise increases the size of this meter.

2) Whenever you resist a hit-stun by being hit, you're Poise meter empties by a variable value (determined from a composite of weapon and swing).

3) When your Poise meter empties completely due to taking successive hits (or a big hit) you are prone to hit-stun for a very brief period. This period is like 1-2 seconds. Probably less then 1 second in fact.

4) Damage probably does not factor into the amount of build-up you get (as Toast could crush my poise fairly easily with a unmodified Claymore). It's by weapon-type and swing type. Weapons are rated the same if they share a type. A Bastard Sword and a Claymore can both be resisted by the same amount of Poise (aside from special R2s that vary between weapons, also, there may be some special cases). Swings are mostly rated the same... but some WDs/WRs/R2s can reduce your poise much more then a vanilla R1.

5) The properties of some swings can be altered by increasing poise. For example, Greatsword 2h R2 has a knock-back property against low poise. If you add a fair bit of poise this instead becomes a heavy stun. If you add even more poise... even this stun can be resisted.

6) I'm uncertain how long it takes a sizable Poise bar to refill from nearly empty. It looks like like 4-6ish seconds. It's pretty hard to test. A test like this is like trying to see how long your it takes your stamina to refill from empty... without emptying it 100%... while the bar is invisible.

I tested a few breakpoints to find some jazz, see what I could puzzle out. I didn't test everything... I couldn't. I didn't have the stats to wield everything, nor did I have it all on me. Adding poise also appears to be additive... not diminishing, which means you'll probably never want to stack it to high-heaven unless you're some kind of idiot.

- 40 poise seemed to stop most non-issue light stuns. Nothing that will combo you, but junk like Katanas, Barbed Swords, etc. This would probably be the minimal amount to have if you're using any larger weapons.

- 53 poise stops one 2-handed Claymore swing. Probably the most important breakpoint in the game.

- 55 stops one 2-handed Murakumo swing. Might as well go for this if you have 53. This will likely be the most common amount of Poise for sensible players that use it. Anything beyond here is cake icing.

- 76 stops one 2-handed Zwei/Gaxe swing (R1 swings only). This is probably the most you should ever go for. You'll need 106 poise to resist even 2 Claymore swings, which doesn't seem reasonable. Increasing Poise beyond 76 however will start turning certain Zwei/Gaxe (and like other) knockdowns into stuns.

Other issues.
It seems Poise may potentially suffer from the same issues as Bleed build up, aka you can damage Poise with a Phantom Hit. This is good and bad. It means that if your Poise meter empties during a Phantom Hit, you won't get stunned... however on the flip-side, you can take some Poise damage from a Phantom Hit during a roll (or what-have-you) and then have it break on a clean hit immediately afterwards that normally wouldn't have broke your Poise.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Shanty posted:

In other Dark Souls news: Just started rocking Pharis' hat, feeling pimp as gently caress.

Seriously though, I'm like the undead prince of the pimps over here.
Considering my first playthrough had me in onionbro armor since I got to Anor Londo this is a huge improvement for me.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

artism posted:

If you have patience I think the intended way to fight them in melee is actually to bait lightning, roll dodge forward to avoid getting hit by it, get a swing in and roll back out. That's how I have dealt with every single one since the very first one near Andre and while it takes awhile it's rewarding I guess.

The easiest way I've found to battle these is to get right on up in their grill and constantly hug him to the right. From what I've seen he has 3 attacks at this range:

1) 1-2 strike. Easy enough, as the first strike misses but the second usually hits, easy enough to guard.

2) 1-2-3 strike. Same as above but he does a lunge at the end, this won't hit either. Block the second and wail on him.

3) The diving attack. Just dive back and it'll miss.

Then he has his 'oh god get away from me jump' but you can just run back in for that.

These fights I've usually had a SKS+5 and -50% enc though, so it may be why it's easy to block and dodge.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
So yeah I got this last night and played through the tutorial and am now working my way up (I guess?) to ring the bell in the church or something. All I can say at this point is "yep, this game is tough". But wow it looks good and the play is very responsive. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Fingerless Gloves posted:

The easiest way I've found to battle these is to get right on up in their grill and constantly hug him to the right. From what I've seen he has 3 attacks at this range:

1) 1-2 strike. Easy enough, as the first strike misses but the second usually hits, easy enough to guard.

2) 1-2-3 strike. Same as above but he does a lunge at the end, this won't hit either. Block the second and wail on him.

3) The diving attack. Just dive back and it'll miss.

Then he has his 'oh god get away from me jump' but you can just run back in for that.

These fights I've usually had a SKS+5 and -50% enc though, so it may be why it's easy to block and dodge.

There's also the grab move which is unblockable and will kill most characters. It comes out super slow so it should be easy to avoid, but sometimes you can mistake it for a regular hit and roll too early.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I can't believe how different this feels to Demon's Souls already. I've just started and I'm running round the castle. I can't believe how huge and sprawling this place is. Is it the kindof thing where if you can see it you can go there?

Can you instal any of the game on ps3, it's chugging a bit especially when I go near water.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

I can't believe how different this feels to Demon's Souls already. I've just started and I'm running round the castle. I can't believe how huge and sprawling this place is. Is it the kindof thing where if you can see it you can go there?

Can you instal any of the game on ps3, it's chugging a bit especially when I go near water.
Well sure, you can go anywhere, but it's not like you'll survive against enemies you shouldn't be facing. Hell, it's not like you'll survive anyway. Welcome to die.

I don't have a PS3 so I don't know how installing games even works on it, but the game does have pretty serious framerate problems at certain parts and at least on the 360 installing did nothing to help it.

edit:
VVVV Gone through that part three times now and I've never gotten hit by the spears, do you guys just walk casually over there or what?

smuh fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 6, 2012

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

GOD those Anor Londo archers suck. And the flying rats leading up to them.

Ragequit count: 2

e: Came back and did it on like the fourth try. welp

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 6, 2012

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

kirbyabc posted:

I know that the benefits of levelling a stat drop way off after 40-50 or so, but how much difference in damage would it make to say WOTG at 50 faith vs 99 faith? Anyone know? I'm lvl 180 or so on this char and I have nothing to spend my souls from farming on but leveling up

The difference in Magic Adjust at 50 FAI and 99 FAI is going from 226 to 240, so a 14 point difference. I can't find where I wrote it down, but WOTG has a Magic Adjust ratio of something like 1.4 I think. So 1.4*14=19.6, so it'll do about 20 more damage for a 49 stat point investment. THAT'S why nobody levels damage stats past 50. If you need something to put points in, END gives a non-diminishing increase to equip burden all the way to 99, and VIT is good as well.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up

Angryhead posted:

flying rats leading up to them.

Do you mean those guys who quite happily jump to their own deaths if you run at them?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Lethemonster posted:

There's a lot of that, yeah. A lot of the time you'll be able to see some stuff in the distance and think "huh, that's a nice backdrop" and then ten hours later you'll realize you're now looking back at where you were from the place you saw. Sometimes it's just backdrop, though, but you'll never feel like the gameworld is cheating you with invisible walls or anything. I can only think of one area that looks a lot more sprawling than it is (giant locked doors and impassable gaps), but the tiny corner you do visit is so heavily filled with content that you can't really comprehend exploring the rest of it.
Some of the locations you get to are just mental, though, like you can't believe they're not just static backdrop but nope: suddenly, there you are.

e: One thing I do love is that the world is sort of inhospitable in a really meta-gamey way. You're always poking around what feels like hidden passages, as an unwelcome visitor. But instead of having, like, a "Press A to climb through fence" button prompt, the game uses its physics in a straight forward way, so that for a second you're thinking "whoa am I cheating the game here". It's a bit like that classic game trick of strafe-jumping up a steep incline to get to unfinished areas in other games. I'm thinking specifically of (post bells:)climbing around Anor Londo via buttresses and catwalks here, but it also applies to things like (optional areas:) the great hollow, getting to the Crow's nest in Firelink and even the first trip into the Undead Burg via the aqueduct.

Shanty fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 6, 2012

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

BigLeafyTree posted:

The difference in Magic Adjust at 50 FAI and 99 FAI is going from 226 to 240, so a 14 point difference. I can't find where I wrote it down, but WOTG has a Magic Adjust ratio of something like 1.4 I think. So 1.4*14=19.6, so it'll do about 20 more damage for a 49 stat point investment. THAT'S why nobody levels damage stats past 50. If you need something to put points in, END gives a non-diminishing increase to equip burden all the way to 99, and VIT is good as well.

Hmmm, thanks for this, wasn't aware. If I have a STR build, and my STR is at 49ish, would it be worth it to start pumping some points into INT/FAI so I can use miracles/spells? I kind of feel like changing my character up. Also, I'm going for plat so I need to be able to get to the sunbro's covenant and trade [spoiler]Gwyn's soul[/quote] for the spell. (Requires 25 FAI or INT to do so, or you can help people, not sure what I'm going to do yet).

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Will I lose the Black Eye Orb forever if I try to invade Lautrec and die, or do I get to try again?

e: nvm, beat him on the first try.
Now for the boss!

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 6, 2012

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

BigLeafyTree posted:

Good info, thanks!

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
Rock Paper Shotgun posted an article about convincing Namco to port Dark Souls to the PC.

A Namco employee posted:

There is always possibilities to have games adapted on PC and the good news is that Dark Souls is not a 100% typical Console game so the adaptation is possible.
Now to make things happen, let's say the demand has to be properly done. someone to make a successful petition?

This would rule, I bet Blightown would be smooth as silk on my 2500k.

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax
NG+ seems really easy compared to normal NG. Just beat O&S with some help from a phantom, and the fight was over before it even started. I'm not sure how much of it is to do with you being familiar with the game, and how much because of the insane damage you are now doing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Angryhead posted:

Will I lose the Black Eye Orb forever if I try to invade Lautrec and die, or do I get to try again?

You can try as many times as you need!

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Peppi posted:

NG+ seems really easy compared to normal NG. Just beat O&S with some help from a phantom, and the fight was over before it even started. I'm not sure how much of it is to do with you being familiar with the game, and how much because of the insane damage you are now doing.

What the gently caress! I am on NG+ as well and everything was a breeze until I got to O&S, now I'm kind of just grinding a few levels than trying again!

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

casual poster posted:

What the gently caress! I am on NG+ as well and everything was a breeze until I got to O&S, now I'm kind of just grinding a few levels than trying again!

What level are you? I took my time with NG and ended up finishing the game at lvl 92. If you are a lot lower than that, I can imagine it being a lot harder.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Beat Ornstein and Smough on like the fifth try, so that went really well, considering all the horror stories.

And thanks to all the souls, I got a level and upgraded my Black Knight's Halberd to +5.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
This game. 1st try at Capra Demon: instant death. 2nd try: recovered body but killed again. 3rd try: got him!

Dark Souls.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Dark Souls is the only game where you've died twice attempting a boss??

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Was doing the usual Humanity grinding,assisting,invading in Depths. I come back to the bonfire room and there is a fresh message on the floor:

"Beware of Darkwraith"

:3: I've made an impact. I had to stop wearing that armor though when invading because it has terrible poise on it.

Dual weilding is pretty fun for assisting bosses, You don't really have to block anything Gaping does and just go nuts on him, same with Gargoyles. Might get chewed up a bit on Capra.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Chard posted:

Wow I wonder what the upper limit on phantoms is. I just assumed it was 2 + host and 3 invaders... hmm...

Ha ha no, the phantoms kept leaving and others would replace them.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I realized I want to make an Artorias build. Now, I'm trying to find the minimum stats necessary to carry everything and get a decent roll to go with it. I'm thinking GSwoA and GShoA with secondary weapons being a Talisman and maybe Crystal Tin Catalyst. The question is...what armor would he wear? Silver Knight (28.8 lbs)? He was one of Gwyn's Knights...but maybe something like Paladin (33.1 lbs) would be more fitting?

Assuming Silver Knight set and all that, I need enough END to wear 57.8 lbs of crap and remain under 50%. With a Havel's ring, that means at least 32 END.

Requirements for the Greatsword:
24STR/18DEX/20INT/20FTH
And the Greatshield:
34STR

So, I need to be at least X/X/32/34/18/20/20 for minimum anything.

The best starting class seems to be Wanderer, since you start at SL 3 and already have a decent spread with 10/11/10/10/14/12/11/8. So, I will be at SL 70 when I hit minimum, but I need 2 attunemnt slots, so one point into ATN for SL 71. I plan for it to be a SL85 SUNBRO, so the question now is...what should I do with the other 14 points? END is pretty much set, but VIT is lacking.

I want your guys' opinions. Should I just bump VIT up to 25? Should I forgo any other semblance of defense other than the Greatshield and just bump my FTH to 30 to get WotG and up my magic damage while keeping VIT at 10?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Octo1 posted:

Ha ha no, the phantoms kept leaving and others would replace them.

drat, I had this amazing mental vision of the five of you standing in a circle gesturing furiously.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Polo-Rican posted:

Dark Souls is the only game where you've died twice attempting a boss??

No, but it's the first game in a long time that has made me feel so goddamn happy about it.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Angryhead posted:

GOD those Anor Londo archers suck. And the flying rats leading up to them.

I'm just curious because I see this complaint all the time. Do people not know you can roll and avoid the arrows completely? If you sprint up to the platform they're on, then go left (so the right one can't hit you) it's basically a no effort fight, and taking out just the one is simple. I didn't die to them once throughout 3 playthroughs, and didn't have to do any Iron Flesh/Hidden Body/Ring of Fog trickery either.

Peppi posted:

NG+ seems really easy compared to normal NG.

It is, and it only gets easier. The difficulty jump from NG+ to NG++ for instance is really small. If you're a caster it just gets that much easier. 30 HCSM and 12 Crystal Soul Spear. :getin:

If only HCSM wasn't nerfed

Umberger fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 6, 2012

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Umberger posted:

I'm just curious because I see this complaint all the time. Do people not know you can roll and avoid the arrows completely? If you sprint up to the platform they're on, then go left (so the right one can't hit you) it's basically a no effort fight, and taking out just the one is simple. I didn't die to them once throughout 3 playthroughs, and didn't have to do any Iron Flesh/Hidden Body/Ring of Fog trickery either.

It is, and it only gets easier. If you're a caster it just gets that much more easier. 30 HCSM and 12 Crystal Soul Spear. :getin:

If only HCSM wasn't nerfed

HCSM is still really good even for PVE. The only gay thing about NG+ are, as usual, the kings.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I picked up the 360 version having come from the PS3 version and I'm really disappointed. I'm standing here, SL 150, human form, Cat Covenant Ring in the Forest Covenant waiting to be invaded and it's been 2 hours. One person invaded me - check it, one person - some dude from the UK. I haven't even been summoned to defend the forest or anything.

I occasionally get the odd invade, fog comes and goes, but they don't actually invade.

I've already put the 360 version up for auction.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
You're mad that at 11:44 central / 12:44 eastern that no one american is playing?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Megalixir posted:

I picked up the 360 version having come from the PS3 version and I'm really disappointed. I'm standing here, SL 150, human form, Cat Covenant Ring in the Forest Covenant waiting to be invaded and it's been 2 hours. One person invaded me - check it, one person - some dude from the UK. I haven't even been summoned to defend the forest or anything.

I occasionally get the odd invade, fog comes and goes, but they don't actually invade.

I've already put the 360 version up for auction.

Wow, yesterday I was invaded 3 times in like 30 minutes. I don't know if it has to do with the location (Anor Londo) or that I was teamed up with a phantom?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Just beat the game last night, I think I was soul level 95 at the time. I took my time and leveled up more than I would have liked, the last half of the game seemed too easy almost. I beat gwyn on my first try with my trusty Velka's Rapier, which is my favorite weapon in the game. I re-started and I'm making a rapier/sorceror build, which could be interesting. I chose thief to start so I won't be doing any sorceries until I save the guy from the undead burg.

I'm trying to assist with the gargoyles right now and I'm level 14, that should be about the right level right? Or should I be closer to 20? I don't want to over level this character because I want to spend a lot of time assisting.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

So I killed a fair amount of forest invaders/spirits of vengeance last night and I feel a little dirty about it all. Its just too easy. Now that I have a firm grip on pvp, I have been dying much much less. I run a havels/zwei build and I've learned a few things in my past few days:

1. Stun locking someone with a zweihander is cheating and makes you gay. High poise makes you gay. Using op weapons without magic makes you gay. Literally, everything makes you gay.

2. 30% of invaders attempt a back stab as their opening move. Whats strange is that they all seem to move to my right shoulder, not realizing that this is WHERE I want them to go since the zwei's 2h swing originates from the rear right. I usually let them circle in and back off while they do this. Then as they get closer to my right shoulder, I'll move back and to to the left, eat a hit, stun lock them, dead.

3. Forest PvP has a lot of really bad players. I am likely one of these.

4. Magic is incredibly easy to dodge. A magic user in this game is mostly screwed for pvp in wide open areas. I like hiding behind trees as people shoot projectiles at me. Wrath of god is the exception.

5. Pyro projectiles placed properly produce pitiful promise. Dodging a pyro blast usually involves walking backwards. Combustion/Greater combustion is only as good as your opponents level of poise.

Finally a fun story from last night :
A spirit of vengeance invades me in the forest. I see him approach from the bridge and I just stand there. A 2h zwei user but no grass crest and armor with almost no poise. Easy peasy. He gets closer, I'm still motionless, just waiting. He walks around a bit and throws a few swipes, but out of my range. I stand there. He gets a little closer and drops something on the ground : its a humanity. He backs off as I take the item. I do a dance, he does a jump. It almost looks as if we're playing dance dance dark souls, very light-hearted. Then out of nowhere, he does (forward+r2) jump attack and misses. I do the same attack, one hit, dead. In retrospect, I believe the humanity was a bit of an insult, implying that I would need it after the encounter.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

KingShiro posted:

Was doing the usual Humanity grinding,assisting,invading in Depths. I come back to the bonfire room and there is a fresh message on the floor:

"Beware of Darkwraith"

:3: I've made an impact. I had to stop wearing that armor though when invading because it has terrible poise on it.

Dual weilding is pretty fun for assisting bosses, You don't really have to block anything Gaping does and just go nuts on him, same with Gargoyles. Might get chewed up a bit on Capra.

The way I pvp in the forest is I wait near the the castle by the cat, dressed in my silver knight gear with the xanthous crown on. I stand silently at the edge of the cliff, facing away. I won't move unless people take aim at me or come close enough to try and hit me, when I move back and thrash them. If they stop a little bit away and start gesturing, I'll turn around and bow, then begin the fight.

I also put a message down behind me saying 'Tough Enemy' because that's just how I roll.

I beat a guy a few times, then once he beat me and I cleared out the forest for my next round, I found a message where I usual stand saying: 'I did it!'

It made me feel so good about myself.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

JP Money posted:

You're mad that at 11:44 central / 12:44 eastern that no one american is playing?

I never said anything about "american". And the game servers are worldwide, so timezones are irrelevant. On PS3 you will be invaded constantly in the Forest in human form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I don't own a 360 but isn't there some thing happening right now where the Live service is really borked and a lot of people can't get online? If I didn't just make that up, it might be contributing.

• Locked thread