Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Awesome OP with a lot of good info for me since I'm staying away from the streams.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is not my GOTY for 2011 beating out Skyrim even. This game just really captures the feeling of classic games as far as the difficulty is concerned and the sheer amount of things you can do is awesome. If this game isn't worth $60 I don't know what is.

Also my tip for new players is learn from your deaths. Don't get pissed about it, just think about what you did wrong and what you could have done better. A lot of times the key to success is just understanding the attack patterns of the enemy. Strategy will beat out skill pretty much all the time.

EDIT:
Also what the hell is this and can I do it when I invade people?
http://youtu.be/wslRZw9XVdA

Ralconn fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I really need to stop watching these streams but they keep pulling me in. The IGN one is really good quality too.

Here is my referral link, whatever it does. http://goo.gl/KNACU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I kind of regret pre-ordring this at Amazon rather than Gamestop because now I can't get it at midnight. :(

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Whoever is going to be bringing this to my house in their lovely Honda civic (I live right by an Amazon distribution center) better hurry the hell up tomorrow, I want this by the time I wake up.

Otherwise I feel sorry for people trying to kill the dragon in Demon Souls on 1-2 because I'm going to invade the poo poo out of you.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Wow, unboxing videos are not known for their quality or anything but this one is pretty bad.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

I got that same email and after I got it the status changed to shipping soon and gave the 4th as the date it would arrive. I'm assuming I will get it later on today more than likely. If I don't I'll probably just go buy the regular edition of the game and play that and when the collectors edition comes just take out the game (which is wrapped) and just refund that.

Also:

quote:

"Amazon :When we offer an item for Release-Date Delivery, we need to be extra careful in working with our shippers to honor the release date restrictions specified by the product vendors. Sometimes this requires us to process orders outside of our normal procedures, which may result in less detailed tracking information displayed in Your Account."

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Tolain posted:

So I'm really on the wall about which version to pick up. I want to pick it up on 360, but am worried its community will be way smaller due to the lack of japenese players and existing fanbase. Any opinions on this? I have both consoles, 360 is just my system of choice.

Well if you are worried about the community size I don't see why you would get the 360 version over the PS3. Not to say that the community will be dead in the 360 version (far from it I'm sure) but you will not have any of the asia players or people without gold account.

I personally am going with the PS3 version but that is because I have an older 360 and that thing is pretty loud when I turn it on.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Well I just contacted Amazon because my order was still showing as shipping soon and it is 8AM over here. Glad I did because it turns out that the order was actually not going to ship today. I just canceled it because I really don't care about an art book and will be going to Walmart or something to pick it up now.
If your order is in a similar status you may want to hit up their live chat and check to make sure everything is ok if you actually care about getting it today.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Oh god I might be in trouble.
So I released that guy in the gold armor in that church that you ring the first bell and I think he killed the fire maiden at firelink. Is this guy going to kill more people and do I need to hunt him down? Also will this chick come back I need to upgrade my flasks.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Darkmoon faction question
So I joined the darkmoon blade faction and went through the fog gate like a dumbass and got booted from my covenant. Can I request absolution and join the faction again or do I have to wait for new game+?

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

evilalien posted:

This isn't an answer to your question, but I am curious. What exactly is behind that fog door that causes you to be booted from the covenant?

Gwyndelin the faction leader... guess she doesn't like people looking at her.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

God I really wish they would fix the matchmaking in this game. I find it hard to believe that there is nobody around my level (53) in the catacombs for me to kill. Thankfully I joined the darkwraith covenant and grinded out the red eye orb so that failed invasions don't mean -4000 souls anymore.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Tgent posted:

Is there any reason to not consume the regular souls you come across? I know to keep the Boss souls around so you can make a weapon out of them or whatever, but what about the regular ones? Do they have some other use later on?

They have no use other than to gain souls. I just save mine to round up to a level or when I need souls fast and don't want to go to a grinding area.

Elysiume posted:

Are there any tips for getting past the red dragon? I tried getting it onto the bridge, and it just ceaselessly breathed fire and I couldn't get past. If I just try to run across, it knocks me down with fire, and kills me with fire before I can make any progress. Should I just not bother and continue under the bridge?
Yes, go under the bridge. That is what you are meant to do and also you unlock a bonfire shortcut.

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Well I think I just got the best PvP kill in the first area of the catacombs. There is a bridge that you have to turn to get to the other side that you can turn and then unturn. Well somehow I got ahead of the guy in the level so I went to the lever where you turn the bridge. The guy was oblivious to the fact I was by the lever and just went across the bridge and I turned it and watched him fall to his death. Then I got indicted. :c00l:

Ralconn fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 11, 2011

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Well I just invaded a guy and killed him and ended up with 150,000+ souls. I really don't feel like these are legit and almost want to just suicide to get rid of them. Is something wrong with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

adj posted:

Yeah so it turns out, like in Demon's Souls, massively overleveling your first playthrough makes the game incredibly boring. Running around with an SL439 and +5 Divine weapons (I haven't even bothered with Occult) makes the game pretty much a joke. Oh well. This one's getting deleted. And I just gave Frampt the Lordvessel too.

I really hope you exploited to get that high level.

• Locked thread