Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
Has anyone else been reading the covenant descriptions on the wiki? Apparently joining the Forest Hunter covenant lets you work for a huge cheshire-like cat who summons you to the forest area to kill non-covenant members, rewarding you if you succeed slaying trespassing players but not allowing you to kill a lot of the local monsters. That sounds like the kind of PK I could get used to, like the Old Monk PvP in the Tower of Latria but having an actual semi-RP reason and a whole level to stalk your prey in.

Going hunter with that camo spell suddenly sounds even better. Also, any sighting of fist/claw weapons yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
Was really surprised to find TWO npc summoning signs close to the Gaping Dragon on this playthrough. Was Lautrec's something that was patched in or has it always been this way? Is this the only fight where you can summon two npcs? I'm in the Way of White if that matters.

Also: does damage type matter when trying to chop of a boss's tail? Can I club a tail off? Damage type seems to matter less than in Demon's Souls but those stone garden knights go down in just a couple two handed swings from a +5 reinforced club.

Ceramic Shot fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 30, 2012

• Locked thread