Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So the Uchi with no elemental upgrades just a straight Uchi, good sword? Or am I gimping myself damage wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I always feel lovely having to fight Sif. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What's a good place to farm titanite chunks?

I'd like to get my Uchi to +15 before I kill the Iron Golem. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Znorps! posted:

You can kill Ingward with a bow and drain New Londo and kill the darkwraiths for chunks and the mythical slabs.

Also, don't worry about the golem if you think your damage isn't up to snuff. Just summon TARKUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!

I know, this is mostly over-preparation for anal rodeo and Kenan and Kel, once they're done I'll head to the archives, farm 99 humanity then spend a week or two assisting others against Jonah and The Whale. With those mighty profits I'll probably just go apeshit upgrading gear and making spare weapons.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Uchi+15. :woop:

Iron went down like a chump solo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
CJ and Big Smoke went down super easy, even the shittiest pubbie can provide a good distraction while you kill either one. I also had my first straightforward invasion, no twink poo poo, just a straight fight, I only won because I know how to cancel the recovery animation from when you fall and had enough time for sippy while the other guy was standing up.

Also took out the 4 kings, I HAVE THE RED EYE ORB WOOHOO.

I'm 62, where can I invade? I'll probably get annihilated but I'd like to see what its like to invade for once.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

At 62 you are unlikely to find targets outside of the forest (huge pvp zone), Duke's archives, tomb of the giants and the DLC zones. You can only invade down to like 55 or 56, and levels that high are rare even in Anor Londo. If you do invade in AL you're likely to end up with NG+ dark AL guys who are waiting to gank you or are doing mass PVP against darkmoons.

e: also, maybe the painted world, but these days I hear there isn't as much PVP there as there once was.

Well that doesn't sound like any fun at all. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

manny kaltz posted:

Hello, I just started out this game as a Sorceror and am still currently in the Undead Asylum. I have the Healing Arrow spell but I don't seem to have a catalyst so that I can cast them. Is that what's supposed to happen?

Keep going bro, you'll find it as you do the asylum.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So Ima make a battle cleric dealie, need a few things though.

Where exactly does Leeroy invade? Is it near the entrance of the Tomb of Giants or near the room where Nito is?

Which talisman should I be using for my miracles?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how do I access the DLC?

I found a golem just staring off into nowhere, killed his rear end and he dropped a pendant.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looked more Demons than Dark to me which is not a bad thing as atmosphere wise I prefer Demons.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how the invasion stuff will work.

I'd prefer to opt out of it due its overall shittyness but I know that won't happen.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That giantdad thing went from funny to needs to stop already. :ughh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RobTG posted:

Nah, it's pretty great.

Its boring and unfunny, I've dealt with it twice today and both went down like chumps.

I'd rather fight someone with a unique build than this crap.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chard posted:

Complaining about memes in video games, truly an artform for sophisticated gentlemen.

Is there a meme attached to it? Its just flippy havels 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

I guess complaining is a moot point, it will probably be the norm till people get bored of it and move on to the next thing.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the sky posted:

Has anyone else seen this happen?

A sneaky Undead Parish invader was being very evasive for a while until he tore off across the bridge, and ran to where Solaire first hangs out. After arriving there we played run-around-the-stairs for a few laps until I lost sight of him, and it looked as though he'd clipped through the wall in the middle of the steps. Eventually I concluded he'd given me the slip and had run back over the bridge to the Parish - but after a lot of searching I went back and found him down there, just by clicking the lock-on button repeatedly.

He was AFK by the time I found him, and I luckily had some black firebombs (which just barely made contact) to punish his misdeeds. I wasn't able to get down there myself though, and haven't successfully dug up any info on doing it. Just wondered if anyone here knew what happened / how it's done?

What was this?

I've seen speedrunners do a crazy skip in the parish where they somehow end up on the lower burg, maybe he did part of it to get down there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So where can I find Witch Beatrice's stuff?

I summoned her for the butterfly and 4 kings if that's a requirement.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Berzerker posted:

My SL1 character just beat O&S on my second try, using Solaire as a distraction. :whatup:

I hope he survived. :ohdear:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Lasers posted:

What's GiantDad? My cursory googling suggests that it involves the Mask of the Father and Giant's Armor, and a whole poo poo ton of endurance. I am intrigued- could someone tell me more? I'm not very far into the game and haven't actually had any experience with these items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

Dumb unfunny meme that got way out of hand.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RobTG posted:

Wow someone levels up their dex.

What? :confused:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I finally finished the Onion bro quest line.

Did I do something wrong? I followed it properly, he didn't even get hit during the battle where he helps me in the Lost Izalith, then I find his daughter with him and he's dead in ash lake

Please tell me I did something wrong. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could use some Artorias tips, he is absolutely wrecking my poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Woo I got Artorias.

All the tips helped a lot.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

doctor 7 posted:

Straight up this shield is amazing and everyone should vote for it.

The shield in 4th place is a meme, what the hell DS community.

And agreeing with Doctor 7, that shield is great.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm hoping in DS2, Backstabs get slightly more limited in how they can be pulled off against players.

I don't know how to *fix* backstabs, but just feel like they could be *fixed* to be less aggravating with lag taken into account.

I think they should be backstabs, as in only work when I'm behind you, not I'm at your left shoulder, suddenly I'm behind you and stabbing you in the back.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Which just goes to show that neither no poise or poise was a good idea.

Wonder how Dark Souls II will handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kappa is a twitch.tv smiley of one of their former employees, its primarily used to troll so they aren't actually complimenting you.

• Locked thread