Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Pretty god-drat excited for this game. Less excited that retailers are still enforcing this tuesday = US friday = UK bullshit. 9 loving days :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The only thing wrong is the British chick getting to play before Friday :argh:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Gotta stop reading the thread..3 more days :ohdear: I really hope shopto ship it early so I get it before Friday :smith:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Shopto are really good about early shipping. I just got a mail saying my copy is on the way :woop:

I only preordered relatively recently so I'm probably pretty far down in the queue. If I get it Thursday i'll be a happy bunny!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Bastard! mine shipped this morning. Knowing royal mail it'll get here on Friday some time after midday.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

ShopTo you beautiful bastards :swoon:

Time to die!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Seeing everyone's blood stains and watching them die at the skeletons at the start is hilarious. Then I find the hidden bit full of the chests, run away. Try to kick one off the ledge and roll past him and fall to my death. B is not kick..gotta remember that.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Trying to jump between these 2 buildings. am I just not doing it right or do you get there later?

http://i.imgur.com/gwVqa.jpg

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

You aren't doing it right, I jumped that gap easily with my bare-assed Deprived. What sort of armour are you wearing?

Brigand? I guess it's leather? I tried it with no armour on and I still can't make it :I

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

How the gently caress do you aim the bow, I must be missing something really basic here ?_?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

It feels really good when you come up against the big skeleton knights in the undead parish, beat your head against them for a while thinking they're impossible and manage to beat them a good few times. the black knight and the undead cardinal looked unbeatable to me. When I attacked them and saw I actually did damage it clicks and you go "yeah..I could actually beat this guy" until he fakes you out and does a double attack :stare:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Fffffffffffucking gargoyles! 3 times I've been close to beating them, 3 times I've hosed up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

gargoyles wiped out my humanity. Where's the easiest place to get some more :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Vanguard Warden posted:

VVV The gargoyles of course. Drop a summon sign in the church.

I thought you couldn't drop a summon sign while hollowed?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Well, that was weird. I was walking in firelink shrine where the small pool of water is, and then something started snoring and the subtitles popped up transcribing the sounds of the snoring :stare:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

This should play every time you die.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I found a neat little attack last night. If you tap B to hop backwards, then press RB your guy will spring back and do a strong overhead attack.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

There's a bonfire and a blacksmith to the right where the chapel/big knight is. Down a long forested path.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I screwed up I think Is there a way to get the drake sword if I already ran past him in the bridge? I haven't beaten the gargoyles or anything yet. I think I remember him coming back once when I ran around a different place. Is there a way to trigger it?

You can get back under the bridge any time you want, did you kick down the ladder for the shortcut?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Well..that was an adventure :stare:

Just stumbled onto the gaping dragon in the depths..I saw a litte lizard head pop up out of the water...then the rest of it. It loving *flattened* me. The Depths themselves were a loving breeze. When everyone was saying how dangerous the frogs were, I was expecting a dick destroying armoured hell amphibians. What I got was a bug eyed little scamps who couldn't do poo poo to me because I got the curse resist ring from the ruins of londo.

So how do you get to blighttown? through which area is it?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

(weapon)

http://i.imgur.com/4i49z.jpg

Jesus this thing is huge :stare:. 32 str to wield it. Mines 23 and I can only 2 hand it. Got it from the black knight at the very start of the undead parish. It's labelled as an 'ultra greatsword' in the description. Seems appropriate!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

hcenvirons posted:

Is there any way from stopping the big enemies in the forest from spellcasting? The titan dudes slow me down and take away my one major advantage over them and it just makes the process of murdering them so much more tedious

get into position behind them, then do 2handed normal attacks before they can do anything..it might have been easier for me because I was doing 100 damage per hit with the black knight sword.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ok, so where do I go after Undead Parish?

I tried New Londo Ruins, but that doesn't seem right...those drat ghosts raped me in half a second. Can't hurt them, and they have a much bigger attack range than they initially look...

The locked door before the bridge in the UD burg. You need transient curses to fight the ghosts in new londo ruins. They also do a grab attack that can hit you through block. I was able to clear new londo and get the curse resist ring in there that made the area you're about to go into a lot easier.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

Keep playing with it, I seriously doubt that you have some showstopping bug that keeps you from upping your stats.

This is not good advice. You will probably burn all your transient curses before you get to the cursebite ring. I wandered down here and cleared it out the first time only after I got a permenent curse. There is however good poo poo to be had (including a fire keeper soul you can actually get right at the start of the game if you know the run) to be had. The thing is though, you're only going down to get a handful of items and a whole lot of frustration, you can't actually do anything plot related down there for a very long time.

Edit:vvvvv Get a holy weapon, it should kill them permanently.

I didn't find it that tough, I went there after the gargoyles and before the depths. the ghosts only took 3 hits with the drake sword and you just have to look out for their grab attack. I guess I got lucky with the drops because the ghosts kept giving me more curses. There's also a short cut so you can skip the first area with a ladder you can kick down. People should really grab the fire keeper soul if they can though. +2 Estus flasks are pretty great. I only made it to the NPC on the roof of the building once.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

If you want to avoid attacking an NPC but want to break poo poo around them? COMBAT ROLL! FAT ROLL! Just keep your hands off of those triggers!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Godamn, I still can't find the bonfine in Sen's Fortress. It's supposed to be forward of the main chamber where you can rotate the boulders..but I can't find anywhere to drop down.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sen's Fortress stuff:

Is there anything actually down here? Or are my 8k souls just gone? :I

http://i.imgur.com/QsA6c.jpg

And while chasing the boulder down just before you get the serpent ring, there's a caster enemy and an item on a body in the rafters. How the heck do you get there?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I have noticed that a bunch of really basic enemies have a crazy attack where they grab you and bite/stab you till you die, is there any way to get out of their grip or is it just a random bullshit death thing? They can do it through your block and there's at least 3 enemy types that have done it to me so far.

Mash the attack buttons to break out.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sen's Fortress:

Turns out the black knight at the top of Sen's Fortress right near the bonfire respawns a long with the regular enemies. he's dropped a Greataxe, Greatsword, Steel Gauntlets, Tower shield and a few large titanite shards for me. I don't know if he's a black knight like the others but it's a pretty sweet deal.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

If you need poison cures, farm Darkroot Garden. The tree people drop all 3 of the bleed/poison/toxic cures pretty regularly.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Nechronic posted:

Technically it's a "Heavy Knight" not a Black Knight, according to the guide, anyway. The guide shows a C rating for large titanite so with the serpent ring they should be easy to farm. The rest of his drops are rarer, A ratings, but you can get an entire Steel Set off him if you farm long enough. Ironically he doesn't drop his huge mace which is the thing I want the most :argh:

Ah, thanks! That mace did look pretty sweet :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Single undead female seeks like-minded individual to gently caress some poo poo up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Catacombs:

I fought my way all the way to what I believe is the bottom. There's a titanite demon down here, and I know I can join the gravelord covenant if I go in the coffin in the room. I was looking for the Darkmoon Seance ring though. Have I missed it?

I know there's a way to go behind a broken wall that is full of tiny ledges and skeleton archers. Don't have much to deal with them right now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Double Monocle posted:

Thats where the ring is. Good luck!

Thanks! I rolled onto a ledge that a bow skeleton was on and saw that the floor wasn't a bottomless pit like I thought. Pinwheel was a pushover as well! I got the Mask of the Child which boosts stamina regen.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

So I levelled a Scythe I found to +5 then gave it a divine enchant. I just found a chunk of white titanite that says +9 reinforce: divine weapon. +4 reinforce: occult weapon. Does that mean I have to de-enchant my weapon, level it to +9 then enchant it with the white titanite?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

How do you get the fog ring anyway? I joined the covenant. Do you need to be in human form to be able to kill invaders? I'm wearing the ring as well.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Gyoru posted:

You need to rank up the forest covenant to at least Rank 2 to get the Mist Ring. You rank up by repelling forest invaders/players.

Aaannd...you do that in human form? or is it just a random thing while wearing the ring?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Alright thanks or the forest covenant help. I got summoned to the forest to kill some guy, tried to leap attack him while he was stood there wondering what was happening. I missed and then some NPC that was following him backstabbed me for 90% of my health. My +10 Tower Shield saved me till I backed into some trees and got cornered.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Welp, I just invaded this guys world for the second time in the forest. He was with another human player and they just backstabbed me to death. Then one of them attempted something that could be called teabagging. Hitting Y constantly to switch between 1/2 handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The guide is still £12 for us brits so that's like nearly :20bux:. Going to try and get the fog ring tomorrow. Hopefully I don't invade the guy that managed to get his friends phantom into his game to help farm souls. 4 times in a row I got my rear end kicked while they gloated like bastards.

• Locked thread