Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Smelly posted:

^^^Rumor, from what I've heard, it looks and plays the same, aside from the controller differences.^^^

Same as any other game, if you think it might be a spoiler, throw it in some tags.

Looking at some of those photos in the OP I have to ask.

Is that a loving cat?

Pretty sure that's aratagator

Its so close. I can taste it. And it tastes like death.

This game coming out in a week is why I finally got around to mailing sony to opt out of the arbitration and finally install the update. I cannot wait to get my rear end handed to me by some Asian players who've had the game for a week longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

GhostDog posted:

What are you people doing spoiling yourself out of the whole game front to back? :psyduck:

You're completely robbing yourself out of the exploration and "holy gently caress what IS that thing and how am I supposed to kill it" aspects of the game. Don't do that :(

Exactly I feel like demons souls was more fun because I went in blind. Until I checked the wiki for that drat flamelurker.

Ugh hurry up Tuesday.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

YorexTheMad posted:

With Rage and NBA 2k12 (why not just call it 2012?) releasing on the same day, seems like some stores are holding a catch-all midnight release Tuesday.

My local store had a surprising amount of signage for Dark Souls. Here's hoping for the game's success.

Yeah, midnight on mondaaaay.
Makes the next three days seem longer though

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Dropping extras of all the terrible armor drops I have. Bwahahaha

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
So where do I find a blacksmith who can upgrade past +5?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

reallyprettymad posted:

Does attunement affect how many spell casts per rest you get? Or is it just how many spell slots? Basically Im wondering how I can get more than 8 fireball casts as a pyro.

Attunement gives you more slots. You can buy multiples of the same spells at equip them to different slots. So with 2 fireballs equipped you get 16.

Also any advice on where I should go next? I've killed these 6 (in this order mind you, i'm speshul like that) Taurus/Gargoyle/hydra/Capra/Gaping Dragon/Moonlight butterfly and I have no idea where to go next.

shove me like you do fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Justin_Brett posted:

Why did they give enemies that are already tanky the ability to heal themselves to nearly full in about one second?

And then put two right in front of the boss door?

If you arent a caster a good method is to kill the archer and then bait the giants by the stairs and do a plunge attack. If you ai m it right (center of their body) this will hit twice and take a hefty chunk out of their health. (My str charas +5 lightning zweihander is a kill if it hits them twice on the drop)

• Locked thread