Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

Chard posted:

:aaa: I didn't know From made Tenchu too. I used to play the hell out of that on my friend's PS1.

Wow I had no idea that they made Otogi either. That game was great, but no one ever really played it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
There was some discussion on elemental bows earlier and I want to chime in:

If you're not pumping dex, Lightning is the strongest bow type. A +14 Longbow has 86 base damage with minor scaling on Str and a lot of scaling on Dex. A Lightning Longbow +1 is something like 143 base physical damage and 143 base lightning damage with no scaling, meaning that if you're not pumping dex, a lightning bow (even without lightning arrows) will do like 3-4x as much damage as a +14/15 bow.

Actually, I guess Raw may actually be better with no scaling, I've never tried it.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 6, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Read posted:

No, it will do piss poor damage because elemental bows only function with their respective elemental arrow and there is no lightning arrow. You can easily test this by using a fire bow with and without fire arrows, the jump in damage is much higher than can be accounted for by the stronger arrow alone. Or an enchanted bow with moonlight arrows.

The reason this works is that when you equip an elemental arrow it adds it's damage stat to the bow/xbow you're using, and the bow/xbow only uses that stat if it notices the arrow is adding it. When you're using an elemental bow it adds the arrow to the bow's bonus and uses the entire elemental bonus for damage.

Fire bows have lower base than Lightning, because they scale. The increase to physical damage alone with a lightning bow over +15 is enough to make it do more damage than a +15 if you have no dex.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Read posted:

Ohhhh, my mistake. I misread your post, didn't realize lightning bows got such high physical damage.

I didn't either until just yesterday when I happened to stop by the Giant Blacksmith with a +10 bow in my bag.

Though I guess bow damage isn't really a big deal unless you're going for a bow-focused build, at which point you would be stacking dex. But now I have a Lighting Bow +0 and I can hit things for like ~200 depending on distance with only 11 dex :unsmith:

Edit: huh, I was wrong about fire, it loses scaling too. Fire +10 is 162 Phys/162 Fire on a Longbow, I'm not sure about Lightning +5 (wiki only has numbers for unupgraded: 133/147). But a Regular +15 Longbow is 90 Physical and S Dex scaling, so Fire +10 should beat out Phys +15 as well if you have no dex... unless there's something I'm missing here? Looking at the numbers for Pharis' Bow, they're much lower, so maybe this is unique to Longbows?

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 6, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I hate it when they quit the game when I invade them in the Undead Burg. Don't you realize kids! I bring presents! Ok, this one didn't quit, let's spread joy.

:argh: people misunderstanding my intentions during "pvp"

I saw a dragon eye on the ground, so I summoned the guy and dropped 30 scales on the ground as he was being summoned. Guy shows up, I'm standing next to the scales so I bow to him - the plan was to let him take the scales, then give him a fight.

He runs up and backstabs me during the bow, killing me, and never even loots the scales.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Nazi Zombies posted:

Can anyone explain to me how invading/being invaded works in the different zones? In Undead Burg, and the zone right before Capra Demon I keep getting invaded by people who have gear that looks about 10 times better than mine. One guy even had that ribbed dark wraith or whatever armor it was.

I'm only like level 29 and wondering where the hell they are getting all this poo poo. Oh and half the people I summon in to help me on bosses look the same.

There's a glitch that allows you to transfer equipment from any character you have to a brand-new character, it makes low level pvp pretty dumb because everyone has +15 weapons that will just one-shot you until you level up your Vit.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Switched.on posted:

gently caress, I was getting ready to borrow this from my buddy and start it. I'd much rather play it on pc, but I really don't wanna wait. Any advice?

And no, I don't have the attention span to beat it now and get it to beat again later.

It's the kind of game that you either won't like, or you'll like it enough to beat it multiple times. I rarely even beat games once but I've played through Dark Souls to completion 3 times now.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Apparently the new bosses have been on the disc all along (unconfirmed) - maybe we're getting them as DLC for consoles.

http://imgur.com/a/xAK7r

quote:

Saw this by chance back when I first browsed some of the 3D files (there are thousands). Instantly recognised it when I saw the "new" pics!

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

EC posted:

This is definitely it. Apparently it happens when people rate your messages as well.

This gives you Humanity, not Estus Flasks. The animation may be the same, though.

e: beaten :(

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Zereth posted:

You can lose it? If you're making it out of solid, yeah, you want to keep it on hand.

If, on the other hand, you are assisting and/or invading your rear end off and getting stuff which was liquid to start with hand over fist, your perspective on wandering around with 10+ liquid humanity changes quite a bit. I considered humanity an incredibly precious resource to be hoarded for emergencies until I switched ISPs and could meaningfully participate in multiplayer.

I felt this way until I realized how easy it is to get 99 hard humanity from Pisacas, now I just use it instead of my Estus most of the time

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Sometimes I see an "I can't take this..." message right in front of a corpse that you find loot on and I like those ones. I don't know, maybe their inventory is full, or maybe it was the corpse itself that placed the message... :ohdear:

Edit: vvv Dex increases casting speed for Sorceries so I wouldn't really want to go Str/Int (at least, if you plan to pvp), Dex/Faith is fun, though!

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 9, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
I still feel worse about killing Dusk than I do about killing Priscilla.

"Ungh--Farewell... my rescuer..." :smith:

Edit: vv She had nothing else to sell me :colbert:

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 9, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
The problem with that is that even if you start as a Sorcerer you're not going to be able to use any spells better than Heavy Soul Arrow and Greater Soul Arrow. You won't be able to attune enough to kill a boss with base 15 int and then you'll be stuck using a dagger or something.

Pyro would have stronger spells but only 2 attunement slots which isn't going to be enough to kill a boss with just pyromancies.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
You need to buy all of his spells before he moves on.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Yeah sorry, I was thinking of making him hollow (need to buy all of his spells in Duke's for that to happen). He should leave for Duke's once you place the Lordvessel, though I'm not sure if I've ever had him actually disappear from Firelink before I was in Duke's.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
That might have something to do with it, because I've never done that. The wiki just says that once the gold fog is gone, he'll move. The wiki also says that you don't need to rescue Griggs (which makes sense because griggs is apparently just spying on Logan anyway, he's not a real apprentice).

I assume you've tried saving and reloading? I really don't know, then - I've had to restart a few characters because something along the chain of an important NPC broke and never triggered :smith:

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 9, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Low-level PvP where neither side is using the BB glitch is incredibly fun, wow. I'm doing a low-SL run as a Knight, using just the starting equipment, and I just had a great duel against a low-level invader without any upgraded gear in Parish. It was long, drawn out, and very intense. I also had a phantom with me who was also using unupgraded gear but he was nearly dead and I was out of estus, and he refused to use the humanity I dropped him to heal. After a lot of trading blows that just bounced off shields, the invader made a break for my buddy and I clipped him with my very last Black Firebomb, leaving him at literally 1hp, so we both rushed him and got a 1 damage swing in.

I wish I could have more fights like that but without a co-op buddy. I would pay good money for DLC that was just low level PvP duels using the staring classes/gear with some souls to spend on consumables.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
So after playing this game for so long and not even realizing that you could customize the way your character looks, I was informed that the face customization owns. And it does. Sorry for the blurry cellphone picture but :drat:

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
The only problem I have with WotG at all is that you can attune it multiple times. It's balanced around having very few casts, so it shouldn't really be possible to spam it 24 times or whatever.

Edit; ^^^ CSS cast animation is near instant, actually. It's still easy to avoid but I kill people with it constantly by clipping them as their roll (to avoid my HCSM) ends.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
A bunch of really stupid items took me ages to farm, like the Balder Side Sword and Balder armor set, and The Hollowed Warrior and Hollowed Soldier armor sets.

It was all worth it because I got a Channeler's Trident on my 4th kill :c00l: gently caress off forever, Duke's Archives.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm on my first playthrough, and the funny thing is that I've found the game easier since I got to the Depths (I'm in Anor Londo now). The only bosses I've really struggled on so far have been the Gargoyles and the Camera Demon, and I feel I've been dying to trash a lot less.

I found the game incredibly easy on my first playthrough, but I pumped Endurance with Havel's Ring and Favor&Protection Ring, wore Havel's + Child Mask, and held the biggest sword and shield I could find. Also I pulled everything one at a time with a bow. Nothing in the game could break through my block.

When I beat the game I started doing playthroughs of each class using only their starting gear, plus whatever rings/casting implements I found. Things were much more difficult.

This game has a really interesting kind of custom difficulty setting: You can make the game more or less difficult by changing your gear, build, or rings. There are plenty of ways to break the game and be a walking god (Fog Ring + Hornet Ring or Hawk Ring, Havel's + F&P + huge armor and shield, Flip Ring + Hornet Ring, Greatshield of Artorias...) but if you avoid things like that, there's some challenge. Also, being tanky with a big shield stops working after your first or second NG+, so there's that.

When all is said and done, though, I think most of the challenge just comes down to not knowing what to expect, so it's heavily diminished after the first playthrough or if you're following guides or youtube videos. There are also a lot of really goofy tricks that take away from it, like how tons of boss attacks can be avoided by just standing really close to the boss or running through their legs constantly. I have to remind myself not to do things like that and also gimp myself on stats or gear for the game to still be challenging at this point, but even when things are completely stacked against me it never feels frustrating or unfair. I feel like they really nailed the difficulty in that regard.

Also if you summon anyone for co-op the game becomes a joke because most people dropping co-op signs are in maxed out gear with finely tuned builds and they know the bosses and areas like the back of their hand, so they just blow through everything.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
I'm excited to play this game on GFWL because I totally didn't understand the account naming process on GFWL and then everything was taken... I really just want to invade some bros as Game69Lord420. :ssh: Welcome... to dark souls!

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
I hadn't noticed that, but there's at least one burnt-out unusable bonfire that I'm aware of in Tomb of the Giants. After you run across the first sarcophagus at the entrance, it's sitting on the floor with some skeletons around it. There's all kinds of hidden poo poo like that in this game and I love it :allears:

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Yeah, I hate GFWL as much as the next guy but I don't see it being dropped. And you know what? Dark Souls is a game worth playing even if it uses GFWL.

I'd much prefer GFWL on Steam to it not being on Steam at all.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
So I was running through Sen's on NG+, at the first bridge with the snake warrior straight ahead and the snake mage up above.

My equipment:
Left hand: Shield, Bow
Right hand: MLGS, Catalyst

I have my bow out and I'm sniping the caster snake when someone invades. My first reaction is to pull out my catalyst and cast HCSM. I didn't realize while I was doing this that the invader had spawned literally inches behind me. I was now standing in front of a pit, facing it, and stuck in the HCSM cast animation. I thought for sure I was dead.

The invader... manages to not backstab me, instead swinging once and almost knocking me down. I dodge away from the second swing and make it to safer ground. My first thought is to put up my shield, so I hold L1. I forgot that my bow was in my left hand, so now I'm two-handing it. Still haven't realized what's going on and I press R1 only to see myself wind up a slow-rear end bow shot. I was completely sure that I was dead.

Instead of just swinging at me and wrecking me, the invader starts fishing for a backstab. I manage to whip out my MLGS, clip him when he's right behind me, and then stunlock him straight to death.

Never has the Shrug gesture been more appropriate to use over the dying corpse of your rival. I still don't know what the gently caress.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

actionjackson posted:

My SL1 guy is having trouble on O/S. I used up all my humanity with Solaire - the problem is why does he have such a loving terrible place for a summon? I have to go up the stairs, kill the archer (otherwise he knocks me off before I complete the summon). Then I have the two giant guys coming at me up the stairs, so I have to run away to get them to reset.

You can summon solaire without aggroing the two giants. When you first enter the room that they're all in, don't go down the stairs, turn left and go up the stairs. Loop around the room and you find yourself behind the archer. Kill him real quick and then summon Solaire (or go clear the giants first if you want)

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Umberger posted:

I never actually knew about that. I knew you could do it with Quelaag but not Super Ornstein. The more you know.

It's actually the secret shame of quite a few bosses in this game: Running directly at their legs avoids most attacks. It works for Sif, the Golem, Taurus Demon, Quelaag, Ornstein, some of Four Kings' attacks, it kind of works for the Capra Demon (but not very well), I also have a sneaking suspicion that it would work on the Centipede Demon, but I've never tried it.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Hakkesshu posted:

Has someone made a good, in-depth LP for this game yet? With actual commentary? I know it hasn't happened here yet, but I'd like to see one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro/videos?sort=dd&view=0&page=4

EpicNameBro is pretty good about this stuff. I haven't watched his LP of the game (first video can be found through the link) but he provides lots of commentary and goes really, really deep in to the lore in some of his later videos (the Dark Souls Lore series) and breaks the hell out of the game.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Vastakaiun posted:

The room in ToG with the ember and the six giant skeletons is the worst room in the entire game. :argh:

I've never actually done that room legit, I just stand on the ledges above, target lock, and shoot them with a bow until they're all dead. If you have a Sunlight Maggot you can kind of exploit it to find them and pull them in the first place - if you look directly through the light that the maggot is emitting you can see infinitely in to the darkness.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
His tentacle smashes are really easy to avoid if you get close to him. He always just felt like another Hydra to me: massacres you from range, but if you get close he just melees and you can dodge&chop.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

BROS SUN PRAISER posted:

But, you'd have to kill mehim to get that stuff... :catstare:

Hey man, when someone attacks me unprovoked, I'm going to defend myself. Even if they were my (sun)bro :colbert:

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Alteisen posted:

So outside of dashboarding, is there anyway to prevent getting invaded by 420snipax whenever I go human?

I don't like the PVP in this game and I go human purely to get help for bosses, getting ganked halfway there pisses me off.

Nope, the only way to avoid PvP is to be unhallowed or offline.

The best way to deal with it if you really don't want to, but want to co-op is to employ cheap tactics.

If you get invaded and die, there's a fairly long cooldown before you can be invaded again, long enough to summon a bro or two and clear the level with plenty of time to spare.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
PvP is weird in this game. I don't think I've ever had fun when I was the one to instigate the fight. Too many players just summon a phantom immediately when you appear, or stand next to your spawn location and double backstab you as soon as you spawn, or are SL700 and have 30 casts of WoG and TWoP and full Havel's with a flip ring and hornet ring and 99 in nearly every stat.

But when people invade me? That's incredible. I get to fight them on my own terms: Me vs them, and a "fair" (if not "honorable", gently caress that noise. If you bow to me, I'm backstabbing you.) fight.

Invaders are also much more likely to have unique/varied builds, when you invade, you're basically just fighting the same guy over and over because every single person who farms invaders wears the same boring stuff.

If you want fun pvp, your best bet is to just move on to NG+ (or NG++ or etc...) and park yourself in an area (NOT forest or Anor Londo or Kiln) where the boss isn't dead. And then use the dried finger if you want.

Protip for fun "pvp": troll Anor Londo invaders by standing on the moving platform and moving it constantly so that they can't get to you. Make them go through the rafters to get to you and then lower the platform so that they die if they jump off, they have to go back through the rafters and then you can just raise it again when they get to the other end. You can do the same in Duke's with the rotating staircases.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 16, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
If you've done or want to do Duke's Archives, Pisacas are a great place to farm lots of humanity and lots of souls at the same time.

vvv: Yeah, I had 99 Homeward Bones when I entered, used about 50 of them (took around an hour, hour and a half) and walked away with 99 humanity and about 400k souls (NG).

I was farming them with WoG, though, two casts kills the entire room, usually leaving you with 2-4 humanity and 10k souls. I've also done it with Greater Soul Arrow, it one-shots the Pisacas and you can shoot it from outside of their aggro range.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 16, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

This is one of the best videogame shirts I've ever seen. It's tasteful and subtle.

Not buying it because the sleeves aren't green though, like the guy up above said :mad:

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

DMBFan23 posted:

So my dex int character with CMW and Power Within (based loosely on Epic's video) is straight up murdering NG+. Murdalizing.

Int in general seems to just completely smash the PvE side of the game. My favorite character is a MLGS Int Sorcerer with Dusk Crown and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and between HCSM and CSS, most bosses on NG+ (I'm up to the Archdemons now) have been dying in 2-3 spellcasts. It's ridiculous.

Do enemies in this game just not have any magic resist or something? I actually felt kind of bad when I faced off against Sif, precast a HCSM and then shot 2 CSS and (s?)he just kind of died.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Read posted:

vv: From what I've seen, when people say someone "warped" around them to BS, 9/10 times they're just using a backstab technique you don't know how to counter. Like running at you locked on so they snap around to your back as they pass you.

I've definitely seen people warp large distances to get a backstab from outside of my weapon reach (and I use weapons with a lot of range, MLGS and Great Scythe mostly) but I don't know how much of it is lag and how much of it is buggy backstabbing.

I don't agree with the fact that backstabs are necessary or are even a good thing for pvp though. A tiny bit of lag makes them exponentially more powerful, there are all kinds of awful glitches like double backstabs (by the same person) or being backstabbed by two enemy players at the same time and taking damage for both. I've had fights where I backstab someone and literally do zero damage to them (and fights where someone backstabs me for zero damage), I've had fights where someone kills me with a single backstab even though I have over 1200 hp. I've had people warp from large distances (presumably lag) in to a backstab, and there's a huge community of annoying pvpers who do nothing except circlestrafe and fish for a backstab, making most builds useless for pvp.

Backstab trades or two guys fishing for a backstab isn't just lame but it's also really boring, the fun fights are the one where neither party even bothers with a backstab unless they get a great opportunity. I think the whole system is pretty unacceptable in pvp because it's a boring one-button victory for the winner and incredibly frustrating for the loser. If the backstab area was reduced to the size it was in Demons Souls and backstab bonus damage was cut in half (or even further), and the netcode was fixed, I think they'd be alright, but as they stand now a backstab build makes fights really boring and also makes most builds useless, so everyone who's really "serious" about pvp runs the same few builds because it's the only real way to deal with the hornet/wood grain fishers that make up most of the "pvp community". The way backstabs work now is also frustrating because it's a radically different style of play than what the game emphasizes otherwise, there's no way to learn how to deal with it short of dying repeatedly to it (and unlike dying elsewhere in the game, it's frustrating, not fun).

It's not even a matter of losing to backstab fishers because most of them are frankly really bad at the game and if you can avoid getting tagged by the BS they fall apart and die to a couple of weapon swings, the implementation of backstabs just ensures that they sap all of the fun out of pvp unless neither party is concerned with them.

Then again, I feel pretty much the same way about some spells in the game (and not WoG/TWoP like a lot of people complain about). Things like Firestorm are just dumb because, yeah it's pretty much useless, but you can just hide around a corner where the enemy needs to move (i.e. if they're in a hallway) and wait all day, casting it as they get close, and there's absolutely nothing that they can do about it short of standing around waiting until the enemy phantom black crystals (because people who camp corners like that will never take the initiative because it removes the crutch strategy they're relying on to get kills).

Edit: I mean, I get where you're coming from and in theory, yeah, I agree, but the implementation is too bad (in my experience) for it to work in practice.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 20, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm having a tough time getting through the swamp part of Blightown. Where can I find some poison resisting armor?

There's a ninja suit (Shadow Garb) in Blighttown that has very good poison resist. It's back on the wooden platforms on the way in somewhere.

Some other things that might help you:
Return to the Undead Asylum and get the Rusted Iron Ring (lets you move at normal speed in the swamp, you'll need a key that can be found on a corpse at Firelink Shrine, you'll see it on your way up to the birds' nest where you return to the undead asylum)
Buy a bunch of poison-clearing moss from the female undead merchant in the Burg aqueduct.

The shortcut out of Blighttown (up the waterwheel) is actually very fast if you just follow the torches. Look for a torch, climb the ladder next to it, repeat. You'll be up or down in no time. Make sure to grab the chest at the top if you didn't start with the master key.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 20, 2012

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.

Read posted:

e: I do agree that being backstabbed is really frusterating sometimes, and I totally get where you're coming from. I think they should really shrink the BS area and do a better job of teaching the player about the mechanic in the game.

Yeah, this is basically how I feel, I just feel stronger about it than you do. I agree with most of what you're saying, but between backstabs not working right (either by actually not working right, or just appearing to not work right because of lag or whatnot) and people making backstabs their sole focus in a battle, it just becomes more than I want to deal with, and instead of PvPing in the forest or the kiln like I used to, I just hang around in human form and wait for invaders, since they usually give me much more fun and varied fights.

I just feel like Backstabs should be a thing that you do when the enemy makes a mistake and leaves you an opportune opening, not something that you run in circles waiting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,

I just wanna get down.
Oh, I've seen those videos - but I still don't agree that backstabs are well implemented. I mean, I understand how they work, I just disagree with them working that way and disagree with their power and them being such a large focus on backstabs in pvp.

Like I said, it's not that I lose to backstab fishers any more than other players, it's just that they're really not fun at all to fight and I'd rather just quit to the system menu than actually fight one. Dying to a backstab fisher just feels like dumb bullshit, dying to someone else feels like you were bested in combat, even if they kill you with a backstab.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 20, 2012

• Locked thread