Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone have any tips for playing a thief? I beat the warthog [by shoving a spear up its rear end], but I'm having trouble with the knights, like the one downstairs in Undead Burg, and the ones after the warthog. I'm using a spear two-handed and a shortsword or bandit knife with a shield. Should I concentrate on stats beside dex, end, and vitality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I summoned two helpful guys for the gargoyles, then promptly got knocked off the roof. :v:

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I hadn't played this since October, and made it partway through Blighttown while talking to my parents on the phone for an hour and a half. Then I fell in some toxic sewage and a big spider thing chased me into it and I died.

Speaking of, it downloaded a patch when I started it up, were there any significant changes or was it just bugfixes?

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So after completely disappointing two white phantoms while trying to kill Queelag, I beat her by myself after a few more tries and now can rise up 4 SL to 34-35. I'm a thief mainly using an Estoc +5 but I have an Iaito. Should I concentrate on DEX, or raise STR a couple more points to use the Iaito, or just boost END?

• Locked thread