Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

Hey all. I'm a new player who selected wanderer. I'm near the beginning by the first merchant and the Taurus demon. On the advice of some words I found, I killed the merchant. Then I got the demon to a sliver of health using all my fire pots before he one shoted me off the bridge. How screwed am I without the merchant? I was relying on arrows to get there, but I only have a handful left now.

Edit: No bottomless box. Guess I'm restarting. Are there any other "screw yourself forever" moments I should know about?

SnipeShow fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Can someone explain exactly how unhallowing works in regards to multiplayer? I've never done it because I am wary of getting raped, but I also notice putting down my white soapstone does nothing. The game has so far alerted me when I can't do things because of being hallowed. Is this an exception?

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Just lost my playthrough worth of humanity to a chest in Sen's Fortress (and then getting glitched/stuck on the bridge when I went back to get it). For all the retarded messages people love to leave on the ground that floor sure was clean.

Also, what does humanity do?

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Uhhh....were you using all of the humanity sprites you were picking up? If so, you should really just hold on to them until you need to use them for something, due to the aforementioned gimptitude of losing any "loose" humanity with your souls on bloodstains.

I used a few as emergency heals when I wasn't confident I would be able to reclaim my corpse/was out of flasks.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Just ran into Smoughr and the dragonslayer. Any tips for these guys? I'm using the lightning spear and the eagle shield, neither are upgraded because I really haven't needed to until now. I've never unhollowed but I'm thinking I might have to for this. I got Smoughr down pretty easily but the other guy is a bitch.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Having just completed Anor Londo and reading the last few pages of this thread: gently caress you all for not announcing at the top of every page in big bold letters that there is a bonfire in Sen's Fortress. I did it from scratch after every death.

Dark Souls.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Why does the game not register my last bonfire? I just got sent back by three, so I need to run through most of Lost Izalith when I should be able to just walk 200 meters to find me corpse.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

The_North posted:

Something that's tripped me up before: there's a difference between lighting a bonfire and actually sitting at it. If you only light it, it doesn't reset mobs and it doesn't set your checkpoint.

Yeah, I used the second one to level up though.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Fuligin posted:

I never had any problems with the bomb throwing giant. As long as you keep moving he'll never hit you.

The same can be said for the lightning throwing snake. I didn't find the bonfire in Sen's, so I made that run many times and died about equally, but never to that guy. Just keep moving, you don't even have to run, and he will not hit you.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

The only area that really isn't that polished is Izalith. Some people bitch about Blighttown but really it's a good, fun area, just harder that the church with more restrictions on your movement, making it frustrating until you adjust.

I wouldn't exactly call Blighttown polished. There is a bridge there that is honestly hit or miss on whether or not you can walk across it. I'm not talking about the moving bridges either, its just a log that sometimes slides you off when you walk straight.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Cosmik Debris posted:

Yeah but compared to Izalith its the acropolis. Theres nothing to izalith other than a giant field of lava with a bunch of annoying rear end, non-respawning enemies in it. Theres some stairs, and then the boss is not actually a boss.

True, that boss was honestly the worst part of the game. It was also where I was at when a friend saw me playing the awesome game I had been talking about, ensuring that he will never buy it.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

It would have been real loving nice if the item description on the ring of sacrifice said it didn't trigger from curses. I understand there is a version that cures curses, but I have purging stones and there was no reason to think there was any other difference between the two. I literally could not have been more cautious short of googling everything or flooding this thread with constant questions.

Long story short: I get it now, Brace.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Is it even possible to get to the Tomb of Giants without a light source? By that point I had been looking for a use for my lantern.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

whaley posted:

I'm almost positive on my last playthrough, after getting the soul off the Firekeeper in Dark Anor Londo, I used that to restore the Firekeeper at the shrine.

Then you didn't patch, because I just finished my first playthrough with three firekeeper souls and nobody to upgrade them. It just tells you "dead".

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Nasgate posted:

^^^SnipeSnow, Quelaag's sister can upgrade your flask too

I'm on NG+ now, but I had killed her too. I decided to keep the woman in Anor Londo alive as my firekeeper, but when I stumbled on Gwyndolyn or whatever that guys name was and cut him up... well, she gave me no choice.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Leeroy didn't drop his stuff in the last run I needed to get all the achievements for this game. This is the second time, and I have never knocked him off the cliff. Is this a known issue?

Edit: I'm SL 133. If anyone is kind enough to give me his weapon and shield, I would really appreciate it.

SnipeShow fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 20, 2012

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

What level is the DLC meant for? I'm sitting at 60 in front of that douchebag artorias and I just cannot get a summon. I want to help people so I can get humanity to get help, but there doesn't seem to be any action here.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

So I have only ever done dex builds before. Anyone have any advice on how to go about a paladin build? What weapons suit a strength/faith man? Where should I be headed first? to maximize it? Obviously I can't get Paladin Leeroy's stuff until I kill O&S, but otherwise I'm going in blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

Well, second playthrough in a row that the Sanctus hasn't dropped. I didn't care so much on my last guy but this one was a concept paladin build. Anyone around level 72 that wouldn't mind dropping one for me?

Edit: someone gave it to me. Any idea what causes this bug?

SnipeShow fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 22, 2013

• Locked thread