Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level
http://goo.gl/ykCki

Guess I'll throw mine up. Went through and clicked on all the ones I came across.

I'm looking forward to going into this completely blind and getting my rear end handed to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

He's very easy. Took him down my 3rd attempt, only reason I didn't down him my 2nd try was because I didn't notice the enormous cliff in the back of the room.

I also sort of wondered if he was bugging out on me was well, because he would repeat the same 2 move pattern and completely negate half of his moves against me.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

!amicable posted:

So did you knock him off the edge or just backstab?

No, just me accidentally running off it. Guess that's what I get for running towards the camera. I took him down normally.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about Blighttown and the swamp, this place is the worst. I cannot wait to down this spider chick and be done with the place. Thankfully she seems fairly easy, even though I died my first attempt.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Man, I spent a few hours of trial and error getting through San's Fortress, and I finally get to the bonfire and was ecstatic. I light the fire, and decide why not explore a little bit for shits and giggles, since I've "saved" at the bonfire anyway. I make my way down farther into the fortress, find a nice looking treasure chest in one of the bottom areas, and naturally, I go to claim my well-earned loot. Only to have my face eaten off by a monster inside the chest. And now I find myself re-spawned back by the blacksmith. :negative:

Today I learned how bonfires work.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Gyoru posted:

Amazon dropped the price of the official hardcover guide to $13.74 right after they shipped my copy Friday for $24 :argh:
http://amzn.to/qB8tEP

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to reading this in a few days.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Is anyone else having problems with summoning people? Every time I attempt to it keeps giving me the "summoning failed" message. I don't know if it's something on my end or what.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

After what seemed like at least 50 tries I finally brought down Ornstein and Smough solo. The rush you get when you have no more flasks left and the boss is only a few hits from dropping is amazing.

I do not want to do that fight again anytime soon though.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Lost Izalith is an awful place, holy poo poo. It rivals Tomb of the Giants pretty well for the worst zone in the game.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

I love the messages in this game. I was running near a cliff, and saw a message on the ground at the edge next to a bloodstain. The message read "Try Jumping", obviously trying to troll. Then, I activate the bloodstain, and it's some dude standing over the message, turning towards the cliff, pausing, and jumping off. So great.

And the most rewarding thing in this game by far is helping someone beat the Parish boss, and hearing the bell ring a few seconds later :unsmith:.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

This is probably because your S scaling bow has an incredibly low base damage. Scaling is directly dependent on the base damage.

A question of my own:
I went and obliterated Pinwheel, but I got the mask I wanted the least. Is there any other way of getting the Mask of the Child short of hoping for better luck in NG+?

I'm considering starting over and rushing straight to him, it would be the 4th time I restarted however... I'm really getting my money's worth out of Dark Souls.

Spoiling just in case, but Patches will have all the masks available for sale after you finish the Tomb of the Giants, if you didn't kill him that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

So, for a melee focused character, what should I be putting my points into for level ups after I cap my stamina and have my vit up around 50? I have my strength and dex just enough to meet my current weapon requirements (lightning element), should I be pumping one of those for a bigger weapon that scales? Is resistance worth putting any points into? Or should I just stop leveling to stay in a decent range to do online poo poo with other people?

• Locked thread