Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

The.GreyWolf posted:

^^^ You really want to cut off his tail. It makes the fight so much easier as you don't have to dodge it even though the animation will still play.
I didn't even know you could do that and he was still extremely easy when I found out I could bait his face slam/charge routine by running towards his front while at a distance instead of away from him. You can hit him a few times then run to his side to dodge the charge, then hit him some more when he stops. Worked like a charm when I figured out the rhythm needed.

Also halberd +5 is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Anonononomous posted:

gave me 800K souls.

:stare:

I need to start using that orb more often.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

RottenK posted:

Actual challenge and lack of DLC are bad things now? :psyduck:
Maybe he was expecting to auto-recover health and take cover?

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I think the curse statues are the bloodstain equivalent of dudes who got cursed. I couldn't figure out what the gently caress they were cause they'd randomly appear anywhere the curse frogs or crystal golems were, but they wouldn't be random set decorations for before you kill the monsters and they'd keep appearing after the monster is dead. For a long time I'd assumed they were just some neat prop that appears in basilisk mist, but I do think they're actually other dead players.
Its poo poo like this that makes me love this game, I really wish they had the multiplayer functionality implemented better, it could have been really incredible :smith:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Oh poo poo I just found a new blacksmith. Is it worth it turning this Halberd into a Fire Halberd? Is it impossible to find the materials to upgrade it further if I do?
As a user of a fire halberd I think it is a wise decision, so long as you aren't using your green/red titanite for anything else.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I was standing near the corkscrew tower waiting to get summoned for O+S and I constantly heard a sound, like moving marble and granite. I was pretty convinced that like ringing the bells, you could hear when other people moved the central anor londo tower in thier own games.

I was freaking amazed at the consistancy and regularity with which people were moving that stupid tower, then I realized it was the corkscrew elevator going up and down. Im a loving moron.
I remember I entered someones dark anor londo (as darkmoon covenant), and we were both on that tower, he must have been out of estus or something, so he turned the tower crank to make a swift escape down the stairs. I wasn't having any of that and proceeded to turn the crank again, blocking his escape attempt. :unsmigghh:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
I never had a problem with that part, I didn't even get hit. :smug:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
So I'm going to do an awesome fist weapon guy for my next playthrough and punch holes through people constantly. What fist weapons should I use? I'm thinking just 2 Caestus (upgraded to lightning and fire), and might switch out for dragon bone fist or dark hand later on.

EDIT: Will casting hidden body on myself make me untargetable in the same manner as the fog ring?

Bloomington fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 22, 2011

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Vargs posted:

Dark Hand and Pyromancy Flame look pretty loving rad together.
Is dark hand basically just a stronger fist weapon with the extra ability to become a shield?

EDIT: Also, will the grab work on non-players?

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

BROS SUN PRAISER posted:

I want to see someone do a claw weapon only run.
I'm currently doing a dual wielding divine caestus run and I'm putting most of my points into faith and using miracles in when needed. It's pretty fun so far, but I just hit the S&O fight. :suicide:

I imagine a claw only run would be easier as it's a stronger weapon, unfortunately I killed Shiva to get the flippy ring.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

UraniumFuelElement posted:

Dual wielding a fire and a lightning shield would be great.
Dual wielding havel greatshields.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Except I'm trying to play solitaire, and you're forcing me to play chess.
:ssh: You don't get invaded if you stay hollowed.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
It's like he's simultaneously focused on annihilating that thing while not giving a gently caress. My hero. :allears:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

McKilligan posted:

Near as I can tell, a +15 Caestus is pretty comparable to the dragonbone fist, but the DB has some nifty fire and magic defense too, right?
It also has a loving uppercut. It could be half as strong as a regular caestus and I would still use it as a finisher.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
For the PC version I'm going to make a character that looks something like this and see what kind of damage I can do when I stack all those buffs. :allears:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

EC posted:

You'll get more damage out of the Darkmoon Blade if you level up in the covenant, FYI. It outdoes the Sunlight Blade pretty quickly, especially with that high FTH.
Correct, I'm probably going to get darkmoon blade in both my first game and NG+ and just double up on them, but sunlight blade still comes in handy for times when you need lightning damage.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Pretty sure covenant reward spells don't double up on subsequent playthroughs. You can only ever have one DMB charge.
So I can't obtain 2 of the dark moon blade miracle and equip them in 2 different slots?

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Pretty sure you can't. It's possible I hosed it up when trying, but I don't think you can do it.

If you find it in a chest, yes. If it's given to you for joining or leveling up a covenant, no.
Oh, good to know!

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

tractor fanatic posted:

The DLC adds two new, very powerful sorceries, and a very good new version of Great Combustion.
It actually adds 4 sorceries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

tractor fanatic posted:

Yeah but the other 2 kind of suck.
That's true.

• Locked thread