Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Just ordered this and demon's souls online, so loving pumped. I have been aching to play these games and I've managed to stay mostly spoiler-free too, so I hope I'm in for many horrible deaths a treat. I don't know which one I should play first.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Started playing this a couple of days ago after blasting through Demon's Souls for the first time in 3-4 days. So far it owns bones and it seems a bit harder than Demon's Souls, which honestly wasn't that difficult. Haven't done much pvp though, I had a pyromancer invade me but he got absolutely smashed by some dude who I summoned, and then later when I beat some mini tower knight some dragon dude who invaded shanked me from out of nowhere :monocle:

Started as a knight this time, fat rolling my way to victory!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Meatsicle posted:

But yeah, I agree about Blighttown being unfun. Just finished it today and between the falls and the lag it was really pissing me off. How the gently caress do you release a console game with an area that has such terrible lag? And then still not fix it in a patch 5 months after release? idgi

The only reason I don't like Blighttown is because of the fps issues, I didn't actually have any problems with falls and on the whole I thought the area looked pretty good, especially with the vistas you get looking out towards those huge buttresses. It just felt off to me because of the low fps. I've read in a bunch of places that the extreme fps drops (which I think have been resolved for the most part) are due to pathfinding issues the enemies have, but I didn't experience that in my game. What I did experience was a substantial but still manageable fps drop in numerous areas of blighttown, particularly when looking in certain directions. Fixing that sort of thing is probably pretty difficult once your game is released. You can't really just plonk down some distance fog and say the problem is fixed, because then you ruin the cool scenery. There are a whole bunch of areas where I think the game would have benefited from clever use of occlusion-culling and more liberal use of LOD meshes/effects, but I have no idea how difficult it is to patch that sort of thing into your console game.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

actionjackson posted:

Trying to do an SL1 pyro run. Stuck on the two gargoyles. I have a battle axe +4 and heater shield +3. Any tips? I'll only summon as a last resort. I'm getting in trouble when the second one shows up since I have to get pretty close to attack. Using fire is a bit unpredictable since they can dodge it a lot and I only have eight shots. It also leaves me open to their very long-ranged axe attack, and I'm obviously quite fragile. I try to wait until they both breathe fire and run behind them, but stamina becomes an issue when I try to attack afterwards as I can get one or two-shot pretty easily.

Lightning resin on your weapon and combustion? You might be able to kill off the first gargoyle before the second one even lands in the arena if you get a good couple of hits in. But if you're good enough to be doing a SL1 run you're almost certainly better than I am and probably have something better in mind.

Hope they put out the extra pc content on consoles as well. I wonder if they'll make changes to the engine too, I get the impression that the extra grunt we'll get from our pcs won't make a huge difference when it comes to framerates in some areas. Like there is no reason for blighttown running as badly as it does, and if the problem isn't fixed I'm sure there will be issues with the pc version too.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

My very first PvP was at SL 5 or 6 in the burg, back when I was still terrible at combat and getting used to the controls. My friend who was lending me the game (before I bought it) was watching me play, and explained that I could invade people if I was human later in the game. I said gently caress that and used a cracked eye orb.

It was painfully bad combat, but I came out on top.

I had a cool low level pvp round yesterday in the undead burg. I was helping some clueless knight get to the taurus demon and some guy with a whip invaded. I threw some fireballs at him and clubbed him to death in that spiral stone tower.

Once I get my strength up a bit I think I'll switch to the great club, or large club, haven't decided.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 10, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
If you can fast roll they're not that bad. If you have some means of hiding yourself you can do that too.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Man every so often you have a pvp encounter which is so entertaining you almost forget that 90 percent of the pvp in this game is flip-ringing, farming douchebags. Yesterday I invaded some dude in Anor Londo near the screw elevator and I couldn't find him. I was standing on the bridge for a solid minute just wondering where this guy could be. As it turns out he was hiding under the bridge (I forgot about that bit), and was summoning someone for help. I spotted them coming up the stairs and charged the both of them, because screw getting gang-banged. I didn't really get a good look at the phantom of sunlight, but the host was wearing thief's armour and wielding something pretty nasty looking. Nonetheless, I charged into him with my tattered cloth armour and club and smashed him right in the face. I got one more hit in before he backpedalled a little bit and then tumbled right off the edge of the stairs to his death. Wonder what his sunlight bro must have thought.

I think the forest covenant would be more interesting if you didn't get anything for killing the invaders, or at least got very little... that way there would be no point in farming there and you'd end up invading people who aren't just parked at the gate with 2 phantoms. The other day I invaded a group and the moment I finished summoning I was killed almost instantly by Wrath of God spam. Pretty exciting. At least I didn't have any souls to give them, cause gently caress that!

The news about the pc version doesn't sound too inspiring... unless they make some optimisations the game is still going to have performance problems in areas like Blighttown. Don't get me wrong though, happy to have the pc version as an option. Don't even really care about GFWL.

Can you use ps3 controllers with your pc?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Mr. Met posted:

...the guy who camped out next to the black knight archers in AL: the tables have turned...

Mwahahahahahaha! I do this all the time because I'm an rear end in a top hat! It's even better when the host has phantoms! Whip out a firestorm and everyone loses their poo poo and leaps off to their death! I suggest you try it.

My next build is going to be STR weapons in one hand, DEX ones in the other.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Assuming minimum STR and DEX (sorry, for a warrior) and according to the character builder, an enchanted longsword hits for more damage than a magic longsword once you reach 28 intelligence. At 40 Int the Enchanted Longsword does 421 damage to the Magic Longsword's 411. At 50 it becomes 450 to 432... not all that impressive overall. This is just an example though. It depends a little bit on the weapon you choose too, and a lot on where your stats top out, but for a lot of them I don't think there's that much difference. In fact, some enchanted weapons are actually worse than magic ones for STR/INT build, like the club for example.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 30, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I invaded some dude in the catacombs, saw he had two phantoms but had yet to clear out any of the necromancers, so I straight-up booked it down to the wheel skeletons. In the course of clearing the level one of the dude's phantoms dies. For some reason the host takes this as his cue to take the jumping shortcut to where I am, and stops on the very lowest ledge of the level, just out of reach. However, his remaining phantom doesn't follow! Both of us know that he is absolutely hosed if he drops down, because he'll get obliterated by the skeletons and me. So his only hope is to wait for his sunbro to make it down the level and bail him out. While we wait the two of us start flinging stuff at each other. The host is shooting at me with some crappy crossbow and doing 10 damage a hit, and like an rear end in a top hat I'm throwing dungpies and throwing knives, which I quickly ran out of (I forgot to buy more, never making that mistake again!). With no other ranged options, I try to bait him into a falling attack onto my head, but he seems content to wait for his phantom. So it's basically a staring contest at this point. We wait a minute or two, and his phantom dies! I'm thinking to myself "no way out now buddy", and start baiting him again. He looks like he's going to take the bait, moving back and forwards on the ramp like he's getting ready to drop. I'm standing up, chanting at the tv like it's going to somehow impel this dude to jump. He moves towards the edge of the ledge, pauses and then... quits to the loving ps menu :butt:

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 1, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Yeah that happened to me once as well, I searched the entire level looking for someone but as far as I could tell there was no-one there. No enemies gone or out of place, nothing.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

a foolish pianist posted:

Honestly, it's just really dull. You just want some help with the boss, but the instant you unhollow, you're invaded and backstabbed by a lightning zwei or a BKGA. Invaders suck.

Oh come on, I've never had it play out like that. Usually there are plenty of summon signs around the bonfire so if you need help it's there right away, well before you get invaded. The odd invader should be a piece of cake with a phantom or two watching your back.

If you get invaded, it's your own fault and you should have to deal with it. If that means summoning some bros or gunning it to the boss door, fine. But disconnecting is lame, happens way too often, and should be indictable.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 1, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I could say exactly the same thing about invading. Complaining about someone ruining your fun seems a bit hypocritical.

Except invading is part of the game, disconnecting isn't. How is it at all hypocritical to complain if someone can break the rules of the game with no penalty? If I were beating someone in chess and they decided to throw the board across the room, it would be very odd to call me a hypocrite for complaining about it.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Except I'm trying to play solitaire, and you're forcing me to play chess.

Sorry, you chose chess when you unhollowed. If you want solitaire AND human form, try playing offline. Then at least you can summon Solaire undisturbed.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Doctor Spaceman posted:

People wanting sympathy because they can't gank others is laughable. Is your fun that dependent on annoying other people?

I don't remember saying that it ruined my fun or pleading for sympathy, all I said was that it's lame that people disconnect. It's dumb that people can do it but it is in no way a big deal. Ganking? Please. All of my invasions have been with a character that hits people with a tiny club and wears 0 poise armour. I lose the VAST majority of my invasions. A lot of the time the host I invade has phantoms to back him up, and if they don't then they should have thought ahead. I personally think invading and being invaded are fun and add a lot to the game, sorry you don't agree.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

SixtySix posted:

I've probably got 500 hours into this game, and have invaded a lot as both a Darkwraith and Darkmoon.

Invaders have no right to demand that their potential victims behave in a certain way, and that includes disconnecting. Some people are just trying to get through the drat level and are on their last humanity, they are under no obligation to indulge your videogame duel fantasies or chess analogies :rolleyes:

The idea that "welp, they can either play hollow or deal with Havel flippers at level 20" is farcical and supremely egotistical.

For the record, I DC'ed yesterday because I got invaded outside of the cat area and I had a bloodstain with 78 humanity and 250k souls waiting in there for me, and I was experimenting with a zero poise parry build. I'm not risking it, sorry if I damaged your "code of honor"

I'm sorry, I don't recall ever making reference to any sort of 'code of honour' or 'duel fantasies', I don't know where you are getting that from. All I said is that it's lame that people DC when they're in human form and get invaded. To make further use of your favourite analogy: people can flip their poo poo all they want when they get beaten in chess, that's their prerogative, but I'll still think it's lame.

78 Humanity? Who gives a poo poo? The fact that you're running around with 78 humanity is a pretty good indication that it is not all that hard to accumulate. And even if it were difficult, it's a number in a video game, there's no need to be a whiny baby about it.

I would also like to know why you thought it would be a good idea to recover 78 humanity in human form, that seems pretty silly to me.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

BlondRobin posted:

Again, no one cares about what game you want to play. You can think it's lame that no one wants to play chess with you and throws the board in your face when you keep putting it down on their (co-op?) solitaire game, but expect to see no sympathy from anyone else except fellow chess sociopaths. No one's buying your attempts to turn this into "you're all just losers who keep losing at chess and can't take it :smug:".

Again, I don't recall ever saying anything about sympathy. I am not some sort of sociopathic, invasion-obsessed dark souls player who only enjoys himself by invading hosts who play the game in strict accordance to how I think it should be played. I get plenty of enjoyment out of the game whether people disconnect on me or not. People can play the game in whatever manner they wish, they can disconnect all the time if it makes them happy. All I am saying is that I think that's a pretty lame way of playing, not that it makes them losers.

Also if I happened to invade you and couldn't find you I'd probably assume it was a network bug and use the separation crystal.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Chard posted:

You're going to spend eternity in Izalith with nothing but a +0 Caestus to keep you company, bub.

What is with Izalith anyway? Did they run out of time when they were making it? It really stands out against the rest of the game in terms of quality, but if they'd changed just a couple of things it would have been a whole lot better overall. If they'd made it less blindingly orange, it would have looked better. The enemy encounters are really, really weird. Like why are there fifty dragon arses just chilling on the lava? They could have mixed up the enemy composition a little bit there. Once you get into Lost Izalith proper there's virtually no challenge, those statue demons don't really pose any threat, and the most interesting enemy is some crazy witch but she doesn't respawn. Then you fight the worst boss in the game.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Disregard the advice about playing hollow only, you gotta put in at least some time in human form on your first run through. My Dark Souls experience would never have been as enjoyable as it was had "xXchronicfiend420Xx" not invaded and instakilled me (as a dragon too, I was like wtf?) in the Undead Parish.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

That Gobbo posted:

It works both ways, consumables to materials and materials to consumables. To dupe materials, such as titanite shards, you can use 99 prism stones in consumables since those are easy to get.

What? I thought you needed 100 of the item you wanted to duplicate.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
What's the earliest you can become a Darkwraith? Can I just trot on over to Sif and get the ring, kill Ingward, and then take the Kings on? How do you get out of the Abyss once you've beaten them?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
They like to jump backwards out of the way of your attacks but it takes very little to stagger them, so if you get them to pin themselves against a wall you can just wail on them. Some of the demons will be standing on the edges of platforms, and if you shoot them in the head with a bow they'll sometimes fall right off. Often you can also get them to jump off when you engage them in melee.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Alabaster White posted:

Okay so I'm still baffled by scaling: are you saying if it's C or lower scaling, it should be Fire/Lightning, while if it's B or higher scaling, keep it as a Standard? Is 2 Cs better than a B? How about 3 Cs? Why do so many important concepts in this game have to be shrouded behind an impenetrable wall of fog?

e: say for example you want to use a Straight Sword. Would a Longsword backed by 40 STR + 40 DEX be better than a Balder Side Sword with only 40 DEX? Would an Astora's Straight Sword backed by 40 STR/DEX/FTH be better than any other option?

Longsword with 40 STR/DEX is better than Balder with 40 DEX alone. Astora's straight sword with 40/40/40 comes close to the longsword, but if I'm not mistaken the damage would be split between physical and magic damage and so it would get resisted twice and actually come out much lower. You can look these things up here.

Doing a no magic STR/DEX run at the moment, it's fun.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Read (AKA best Dark Souls goon) posted:

Prepare to Die content confirmed for console DLC.

e: Changed URL to un-official repost of the video, the original requires you to be logged in to youtube.

:woop: BOOOOOOOOOOYAH :woop:

All those new bosses and enemies and areas... I think this is going to be the first DLC I've ever bought.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I wonder if they'll do some patching and fix some of that stuff up when they release the DLC. I'm guessing they'll have to do some sort of compatibility patch anyway so that vanilla players can play with dlc players.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Cosmik Debris posted:

I always laughed at people who'd put one in front of Gwynevere that said like 'rear entrance ahead' or something about rear entrance.

On account of her big rear end.

The best one for Gwynevere is "Be wary of beating to a pulp."

Speaking of the message system, are messages in a given language only shown for players who use that language, or do players who speak other languages see the equivalent message in their own languages? Like if I put down "Be wary of beating to a pulp", will a German player see something like "Hüte dich davor, verprügelt zu werden", or is the message only visible to English-speaking players? Because the joke probably doesn't make sense in any other language (unless they purposely translated the message options to ensure that it did).

Also I just looked up videos of this game in German and when the player dies they get the rather anachronistic message "IHR SEID GESTORBEN", which makes me really jealous because the english equivalent (well not really the equivalent, but close enough) would be "THOU HAST DIED". Which would be cool, like the game is going one step further to call you out when you die.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 8, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Can't you just put down a message with the orange soapstone? I put down 'Try Fatty' and everything went just peachy.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Mr. Self Destruct posted:

IGN is owned by Rupert Murdoch and is a pretty big reason why games are getting shittier and sort of reinforcing the worst aspects of gaming culture and its audience
http://corp.ign.com <--- This poo poo is killing games.

Not one, but TWO fedoras in the header!

BRO-VERLOAD

If I could trade in my cock and balls to make that site go away forever, I would do it.

RE: Saving Reah, do it right away as well. If you leave it too long after talking to her in the Parish, she's toast. Also don't feel too bad about killing Petrus, for is he not too drenched in sin... heh heh heh heh!

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 27, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Awesome physics glitch today. I had cleared out the area around the Capra demon yesterday and today when I resumed my game there was a dog corpse floating half-way up the fog door, spinning around and glitching all over the place. It stayed there the entire fight, but once the fog door went away it stopped moving around and stayed completely still.

Also yesterday I had the bridge dragon glitch out on me. I was walking through the burg and heard him woosh past, but I didn't see him anywhere, and he wasn't on the bridge. I thought that was really odd. I went to go talk to Solaire and as I turned to look at the view I could see the dragon perched on nothing, out in the distance where Solaire looks. I tried shooting it with the Dragonslayer bow but nothing happened. I went to the bridge to see if I could get it to fly over, but it didn't. Or so I thought. I moved the camera away from his perch and back again and boom! There he was in his usual spot.

Actually come to think of it, that's all the glitches I've ever seen in this game.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 9, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I like to have the dragon head on and spin wildly while I belch out flames, looks rad.

In fact the dragon covenant seems fairly rad so far, I haven't had too much trouble finding people to pvp with.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

prussian advisor posted:

I have a question about the game's online mode:

I'm watching the ongoing Let's Play of this game on the forums, and there's messages and bloodstains everywhere. When I play the game myself in online mode, the messages are extremely sparse (but there are some,) nobody seems to be summoning, and I've never seen a single bloodstain from another player and I've never been invaded despite being in human form pretty much all the way through the Depths. What would be causing there to be so few player messages/invaders/bloodstains/etc.? Is this game geographic region-specific? Is there something I can change to put myself in an "online pool" with a larger group of players or something?

I'm playing this on the Xbox, if this makes any difference.

Pretty sure the game silently connects you to peer-to-peer lobbies, some lobbies will be more populous and have more stuff in them than others. I think I prefer it over the servers that Demon's Souls uses, even if it does mean a bit more lag.

Just playing through Demon's Souls again makes me wonder why they changed some of the things that they did for Dark Souls. I wish the bloodstains were as visible in Dark Souls as they are in Demons, but honestly the thing I wish they'd kept the same is the message system. Having it bound to an item that you have to equip just means that fewer people are going to bother using it, which is a bit of a shame.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Zombie Boat posted:

Trying to get avelyn is the first time I have actually been pissed off at this game. Seriously gently caress that.

I found a way of getting it quite easily. Equip enough stuff to make you fatroll, then as soon as you turn the crank to rotate the stairway, sprint down the stairs and off the ledge. Don't pause, just run right off and you should make it. Watch out for the archers!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Shima Honnou posted:

The first day of the PC version I'm going to play marathon at least until I get through Blighttown, without the Master Key, because I want to gauge how different it is (Also I'll be wanting to pick up the gear in there).

If it still sucks, then it's Master Key shortcut from then on. If, by some miracle, it doesn't, well, then it's time to set up shop and start invading.

Blighttown is always worth running through the proper way, especially if you haven't done it before and especially if it's your first run through the game. Even with the inconsistent framerate it is probably one of my favourite areas of the game. I've only done the shortcut once, without the Master key, and it wasn't nearly as cool.

Also I've found that Bed of Chaos is nowhere near as bad as I thought the first time I played through the game. If you pay attention and take it slow it's actually pretty easy, just make sure you can move quickly if you have to and have a small, fast weapon on hand.

My latest character is a mostly fatrolling Warrior with all of his levels put into VIT/END/STR/DEX, and I am finding it a lot of fun and pretty challenging without any magic whatsoever. PVP can get pretty nasty, especially against magic heavy characters. I didn't have a divine weapon when I went into the catacombs (I got rid of it after NG) so I had to kick all of the skeletons down to the bottom of the map. Then once I got down there and killed the last necromancer, I had a HUGE mob of skeletons waiting for me down there. Then Pinwheel almost killed me :c00l:

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 9, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

TaurusOxford posted:

People were curious earlier. It wasn't O&S, or Capra Demon, or even Blighttown. it was the goddamn PvP invaders who lag their way to my back from 10 feet away and insta-kill me. Meanwhile, i'm burning through hard humanities trying desperately to get some help so I can get through this Catacomb bullshit, only for them to immediately leave my world as soon as they are summoned, or to be killed by yet MORE rear end in a top hat laggy PvP players before we can find the boss gate.

What about the Catacombs are you finding so difficult that you need help beating it? This thread is a cool place to ask for tips.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Hey hang on did a patch drop for ps3/360 or am I just hearing what I want to hear?

In addition to the pc dlc I mean.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 24, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Hey so how do the dlc areas run on ps3? Any optimisations or the like done in the big patch?

I have totally avoided pretty much all spoilers for the DLC (it has been hard) and I am just suuuuuper stoked for this. Heard the new stuff is quite hard so I'm looking forward to rolling a new character and getting my arse kicked.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Nahxela posted:

If you're cool, you don't even need to kill any of the necromancers. You can just run through a bunch of it and kick skeletons to the bottom of the chasm.

Only problem with that is that poo poo will get real crazy once you get to the bottom.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

RBA Starblade posted:

I never realized that. Would Aural Decoy work well on him?

I have never gotten this or slumbering ring to work on Seath, he follows me around the room no matter what I do. The only time I've managed to cut off it was on a character with no INT

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2012

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I hope the next game in the souls series goes back to the way Demon's Souls messaging and bloodstains. Having to bind an item to use messages just means that fewer players bother with them, and the bloodstain ghosts in this game are pretty hard to see sometimes. Anyway I just recently played Demon's Souls and those things stuck out when I went back to Dark Souls. Thank god world tendency is gone!

Oh and closest warp to Nito is the first Tomb of the Giants bonfire, the one near Patches that you can warp to. Or at least I think so.

Also I have never saved Solaire... everyone knows Laurentius and Siggy are the true sunbros.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Yeah the leather armour would be pretty decent for Link, roll with knight or crest shield. If you go for Link without tights you could do Big Hat's underpants and shoes instead of the leather pants.

• Locked thread