Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is there an easily accessible sacred weapon like the blessed mace in 5-1? I want to smash evil with a righteous mace again, and I'm worried that it'll take forever to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I love how this thread is full of questions. I haven't found a place to learn more miracles. But then again, I'm level 4.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Is this the best course of action? Will I regret it if I don't? What if I like shiny things when they're promised? Oh the woes of being both good and greedy :ohdear:

If you do fight him, make sure to kill him. His attacks can't be blocked and he gets a boost to attack power at 20%. I knew neither of these things when I thought he was bad news and attacked him. Now he's gone and I don't know if I'll get another shot.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RentCavalier posted:

Which Miracle should I put my 4k souls towards, Force or Healing?

I'm pretty certain you'll get another chance. I find both really useful, but I'm probably an outlying statistic; you should probably go for heal. Force knocks people down and away, it's like a real fast firing God's Wrath without any damage and less of a knockback. I use it to knock guys off cliffs and to knock down people around corners when I know they're there, as well as to head off jumps and charges. I haven't quite determined the scaling start of the spell, although it SEEMS like it has a longer range and knockback at 20 faith than it did at 14. Heal, though... heal is 5 extra big slow to use Estus Flasks. I use it to heal up chip damage I take through levels, or when I get hurt as a white phantom. Out of the two, I think heal is the more useful spell for most people.

Edit: wow how did I hit the wrong quote button

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man, anyone notice the resonances from miracles that are supposed to be in the game?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Revitalized posted:

So I just really like the Force miracle, and I was wondering if increasing Faith makes it any more effective? Perhaps a wider radius of effect?

I can't tell. It FEELS more effective to me, but I haven't parsed things out or measured anything. It's gotta scale somehow I think, but... I don't quite know how.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Does ANYONE like BlightTown? I fuckin' lost 20k souls down there. Admittedly I shouldn't have gone right there after Gaping Dragon, but it's horrible down there.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Should you go into the catacombs before you've run the second bell? I got into Blight Town, decided it was horrible, and took my holy mace and righteous magic into the catacombs. All was going okay, but the boss seems tough and those pinwheel skeletons are nasty if they come at you from multiple directions. I don't know if I should be there yet, or if I just need to man up and learn the fights.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

The wheel skeletons are brutal. The boss is actually pretty easy, all things considered. You just need a decent weapon.

Anyway, the only real reason to be there that is to get an early fire weapon. It is a good way to cheese the game, like I am currently doing with my new character.

Oh, he's like the 3-1 boss. Reading about the copies and his name being pinwheel made me... really nervous.

I'm more interested in Reah, but it seems like Tomb of the Giants is a bad bad place.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

Nope! If you do, prepare for disappointment.

I haven't tried int scaling weapons, but divine weapons do pretty trashy damage. The damage listed in the character stat screen may be high, but the damage when you hit something is low. Their only real use is to permanently kill catacombs skeletons.

Ugh, I was hoping this was just cause of the low level of my weapon. Do you know if this is some scaling bug? I'm really hoping faith scaling isn't weak or only worth it on unholy weapons.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Christ. Is there another place to get the Cleric Armour? Anyone know?

Patches HATES clerics. So much so, that he tried to kill me after I got out of his trap. And when he couldn't and I tried to ignore him, he fell off a cliff and died. If it wasn't for things I've heard that you could get the cleric armour from him, I would've thought that funny. Instead, I am enraged. I really wanted that helmet.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 15, 2011

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

So I'm playing a Cleric and I still can't cast magic, after getting carried away by the crow... did I miss something important?

Did you get the talisman from the corpse hanging off the ledge above the Asylum Demon?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I had at least 5 white phantoms fail to summon when I used their sign, which was astounding. I thought I hit the jackpot with all those white signs around. I reset my router, cause... hey, who knows. Maybe it's that. When I got back in, only mildred and no other signs except for a couple red ones, and I KNEW I was online.

They've gotta do something about these lobbies. That's insane.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RedTonic posted:

Spoilery! Siegmeier of Catarina:

OOP NEVERMIND.

I'm kind of surprised to see a reasonable amount of likable characters in this game. Demon's Souls didn't have much in that area, most of the characters came off kinda flat. There's still only a bit of dialogue in the game, but I find myself liking a lot of the people I meet and wanting things to work out for them.

I was... too slow. I looked it up and figured it out. Thanks anyway guys.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 16, 2011

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Sarcophallus posted:

What I really hate though, is that the fog ring effectively nullifies half the magic in the game. gently caress that.

Yeah. The game is built around that mechanic. You can not use it, but so much of it works about the lock on that taking away that seems... mind boggling. Who thought that was a good idea?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Now I'm almost completely convinced. You get the Maiden set in there. N...no... :negative:

The things that are in Sen's Fortress too? Or different things?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Great, I can't unsee the high heels on the Antiquated LOWER ROBE. It kinda kills the warrior priest look I thought I had.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How the hell DO people get high stats without touching their level? I see guys like that in the book of grudges.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm kinda surprised people are talking about everyone else being over-leveled. I don't know how you CAN run low level if you play co op at all without dying on purpose or blowing all your souls on things you don't use. I had to try real hard to stay at 45 until I had my fill of co-oppin on O&S, I bought a ton of stupid stuff; like armour I never planned to wear and ammo for weapons I can't use. This is after I upgraded everything I can and have vast numbers of consumables I do use or think I might use. And I had enough solid souls that when I messed up talking to the chaos servant egg guy, I just blew 'em and got my sin absolved without having to do ANYTHING.

Maybe it's cause the biggest amount of souls I lost was 20K and 4 humanity, but I don't know how you guys are keeping your level down in any other way than purposefully. I'm not surprised people are running high.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I have heard they nerfed the Antiquated [lower robe.] I AM FREE NOW.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

sentrygun posted:

Of course they did, the thing had obviously glitched/incorrectly entered stats.

Yeah, I'm not surprised either. The stream I'm watching was upset at it, but I expected that.

Grant has an AoE attack on R2, like Wrath of God.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 2, 2011

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

waspinator posted:

It's always had this attack; My gimmick run as Leeroy taught me this! It's actually quite good, but removes 200 durability per use :(

Oh! That came as a surprise to the stream, so... I guess I thought it was new too. 200 is... harsh. Repair powder and repair can't take care of that forever.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
WHY'D THEY NERF THE MAIDEN'S [lower robe]! I FINALLY HAVE REASONABLE SHOES

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man, being summoned by the same person over and over again for a boss fight and being part of the progression is intensely satisfying. It means just as much when he beats it to you as it does to him.

I hope the patch makes stuff like that easier, the multiplayer experiences in this game are really unique.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is there no one else who you can summon? I'm surprised no one else is droppin' signs.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shlapintogan posted:

Me and some other guy just spent the last fifteen minutes trying to give each other brohugs with the "Well! What is it?" gesture.

Dark Souls.

I was once summoned with another sunbro. We praised the sun at each other until the host got sick of watching and started fighting things.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man I LOVE the invisible paths. I didn't fall once getting the blue slab, either. I watched the crystal dust and used the glowing rocks.

I guess I'm just crazy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Spiffo posted:

Can you move after casting that chameleon spell? The one that turns you into a barrel or tree or whatever? I know it ends when you attack but can you run around?

I think it would be hilarious to stalk an invader solid-snake style

You walk when you move. You can't move fast, but you can move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I logged in today on the 360 and there weren't any messages anywhere. I was... very depressed. Did I just catch a weird shard?

• Locked thread