Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felk
Jun 25, 2011
Man, this game is great. I never thought it'd be this much better than Demon's Souls, they really outdid themselves!

I'm working on new sorcerer character after beating the game a couple days ago as a warrior build, and I see that magic is still really overpowered on bosses. I get how they were intending to limit effectiveness by using charges instead of MP, but I dunno, I find it's actually easier since I always have way more than enough casts and I don't have to use spices all the time.

deadtear posted:

I then proceeded to die to the boss down there and that is A SUPER BULLSHIT FIGHT.

I died my first time too, but he's actually really easy if you let him come to you and you've got a decent shield. Just get right up close to him and a lot of his attacks will swing over your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felk
Jun 25, 2011

deadtear posted:

I was busy killing his skeletons and all the SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAA death from below and then I warped out and didn't realize that the bonfire down there wasn't a warp back :(

Haha yeah, after dropping down I heard the scream and I was like "Holy poo poo wtf" then got impaled and freaked the gently caress out and proceeded to run around the area like a chicken with it's head cut off. Needless to say I didn't last long after I had EVERY enemy following me.

Speaking about undead, I think the problem with skeletons getting back up is that they need to be killed with a Divine weapon to stay down.

Felk
Jun 25, 2011

Leyburn posted:

This is crap. Killing 7 of these idiots at the bottom of New Londo Ruins each run to try and get some Titanite Chunks and on the past three runs I've had gently caress all. That's with my Item Discovery at 300. When it was at 100 I was getting 1 or 2 every run. What's the loving deal. I need 8 of the things too.

Do you have access to the final area of the game? Because that place is hands down the best area to gets chunks of any type. As in, I think chunks are a 100% drop from the dudes there.

Felk
Jun 25, 2011
Holy gently caress, cutting off Seath's tail is the most bullshit thing ever. Whoever thought this was a good idea considering his movement patterns deserves a swift kick in the nuts. Is there anyone around SL 55 that can help me out with this? :(

Felk
Jun 25, 2011

Nick Biped posted:

Okay, so I rescued Logan from Sen's Fortress, but when I talked to him back at the Shrine, he said that I wasn't able to learn sorceries. Funny since I've learned a couple from his apprentice no problem. It's no big deal since that's not my focus anyways, but is there something I can do to get him to teach me stuff (like build up Intelligence or something), or is it a lost cause? I'm a Knight, by the way.

Yep, you're right. I believe you need 15 int for him to teach them to you now, or only 9(?) later if you save him again.

Felk
Jun 25, 2011
Hoooly poo poo. I was trying to get a Ghost Blade from the screaming ghost for the trophy, and I was in the big ghost house where the 2nd screaming one spawns. I killed her and she drops something, but I'm a bit occupied with 5 other ghosts. So I finish them all off except one...who starts to hit me through my shield. I had a wtf moment until I realized my transient curse just ran out, so I popped it just in time to finish the last one off before I ate poo poo, and go to collect the loot to see what she dropped.

Ghost Blade achieved! :black101:

Felk
Jun 25, 2011
After taking a break from this game for about a month I'm starting to get sucked back in again. I tried out a faith build and it was actually pretty fun, probably my smoothest playthrough yet with the combination of divine weapon damage and lightning bolts.

I was gonna keep playing through FF13 again, but may put it on the back-burner for a little bit to roll another character. I'm thinking I'll try out some kind of dex ninja/archer hybrid. Is anyone interested in co-op once the white soapstone becomes available?

Felk
Jun 25, 2011

WalletBeef posted:

I want a mod that makes this build viable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBG75iGqHbI

Haha, I summoned a guy once who was using dual bonewheels and he was pumping out some pretty nice damage! Kinda makes me want to try it.

Bluetooth human being posted:

Not sure how I'm going to do the Moonlight butterfly. It didn't seem to come down to melee range often the last time.

Generally I just summon Witch Beatrice/other people, since otherwise it takes a lot longer to have to wait until it's in range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felk
Jun 25, 2011
Yeah, I just tested it and I can verify that it doesn't increase the damage of any of it's moves.

• Locked thread